Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

Our organization is able to get one of the vaccines any time from the county. One of my co-workers went today and it only took about 5-10 minutes. Wife and I will go tomorrow. They have the Moderna vaccine. I would get whichever they have available.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

Our organization is able to get one of the vaccines any time from the county. One of my co-workers went today and it only took about 5-10 minutes. Wife and I will go tomorrow. They have the Moderna vaccine. I would get whichever they have available.

the Moderna  👌

Just remembered hearing earlier today that you can call out county to setup an appointment for the vaccine on 3 different date the first part of January from my brother. Guess I need to remember. 65 and older he said.

Alot sooner than had previously thought. Huh...

We have over 600 employees... some don't want to get the vaccine. I would almost think it should be required if you take care of those who have various disabilities and/or compromised systems.

• Like 2

Just now, Marvel said:

We have over 600 employees... some don't want to get the vaccine. I would almost think it should be required if you take care of those who have various disabilities and/or compromised systems.

Interesting to see what happens in that situation.

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

How do you know it is suppressed, unless someone has reported it

you can't suppress it completely; but you can suppress it to YOUR audience, but that doesn't answer your question.

what this country needs is a good information czar.  (before the snotty comments start, yes I'm joking).

I think there are informational terrorists amongst us. no matter the topic, every media outlet has countless "experts" that want to talk about it.  The result is that covid can live on a surface for three days, nine days, 17 days, even 29 days ... I've read experts saying to just wash your hands with any old soap, then others saying clean your shoes with bleach before entering your house, don't shake your clothes and wash them in the hottest water possible. Wash your food, don't wash your food. Stay three feet away, no stay six feet away. Last February we were told masks didn't help and to stop buying them -- now we should. The worst of all ... Brady fumbled, no he was tucking the ball when he got hit. You'd think the goal is to stir everyone up. Informational terrorism!  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Wife and I will go tomorrow. They have the Moderna vaccine. I would get whichever they have available.

Good deal Bruce.  I'm still waiting. Get updates from the VA saying they have both Moderna and Pfizer and will notify me when my time comes. I guess they are still vaccinating health workers and those in long-term living facilities. I'll go on the first day it's offered to me. 

18 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Do not know what country you’re in. But if the facilities need to meet medical certification criteria to operate then they need to field policies to meet those regulations. If an employee decides not to meet their job requirements then they may have to be released and new employees hired willing to accommodate them. For example, JCAHO requires an accredited hospital to meet reverse isolation standards. Sounds simple enough..... but these days that means every employee must wear masks when around patients. Well some employees don’t wanna wear masks for whatever reasons (mostly to protest the mask mandate directives) and try to present excuses as to why they should be the exception to the guidelines. Well if you give them what why want and allow them to work ‘mask less’ then the facility is out of compliance with JCAHO standards and risks losing their certification. So no mask means you cannot work in that setting - period. That said I do not know of any such JCAHO requirements for vaccinations but I haven’t looked either.

36 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

I was not limiting my comment to “scientific” information. 

I guess I'm still not clear what "censorship" you are referring to.

7 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

In America we had covid19 become politicized and the accurate data deployed in near malicious fashion to bolster vote counts. That resulted in more chaos than managed control/containment.

Fwiw, I've continually pointed out the main political culprit spewing misinformation and it wasn't the media. The election is over and Covid-19 is still the main story (in the media) because of infections and deaths, not because of votes...Blaming the media and not policymakers is what I don't get.

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Do not know what country you’re in. But if the facilities need to meet medical certification criteria to operate then they need to field policies to meet those regulations. If an employee decides not to meet their job requirements then they may have to be released and new employees hired willing to accommodate them. For example, JCAHO requires an accredited hospital to meet reverse isolation standards. Sounds simple enough..... but these days that means every employee must wear masks when around patients. Well some employees don’t wanna wear masks for whatever reasons (mostly to protest the mask mandate directives) and try to present excuses as to why they should be the exception to the guidelines. Well if you give them what why want and allow them to work ‘mask less’ then the facility is out of compliance with JCAHO standards and risks losing their certification. So no mask means you cannot work in that setting - period. That said I do not know of any such JCAHO requirements for vaccinations but I haven’t looked either.

Wife and I both work in Hamilton County (Chattanooga, TN). We have over 60 residential houses for folks with developmental/intellectual disabilities, from grade school to ones in their 70s. We have been taking care of some of them for 50+ years.

11 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Wife and I both work in Hamilton County (Chattanooga, TN). We have over 60 residential houses for folks with developmental/intellectual disabilities, from grade school to ones in their 70s. We have been taking care of some of them for 50+ years.

Sounds like a fantastic facility and one that certainly can be challenging. I have worked as a long term care ombudsman and highly respect well run operations. Kudos to you both and your group. So yeah covid19 brings us to uncharted waters especially in your arena. I have no answers for your vaccination enigma. All you can do is drill down on the regulations and manage the issues. If your residents all get vaccinated then you may side step the dilemma but you still need to know personnel guidelines. You certainly must avoid active covid19 in your environment from any source (vendors too).

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

I guess I'm still not clear what "censorship" you are referring to.

Fwiw, I've continually pointed out the main political culprit spewing misinformation and it wasn't the media. The election is over and Covid-19 is still the main story (in the media) because of infections and deaths, not because of votes...Blaming the media and not policymakers is what I don't get.

The policymakers didn’t get it either… and still don’t.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

The media generally had and sustained and groomed a hostile relationship with the Prex from the outset of the covid19 outbreak. Rather than working to evolve a cohesive public health response all parties (Prex included) bantered and polarized every nuanced issue. Consequently covid19 became politicized and this clearly has greatly exacerbated the pandemic. The media intentionally chose to look for and exploit weaknesses and the Prex was/is a political novice (AKA an easy target). There are no winners when there could have been, and should have been, winners. Everyone loses, even the upcoming administration that now must deal with the covid19 conflagration. Stooping to play in the stupid sandbox is what happened........  and absolutely everyone gleefully participated.

Right.  It seems to have started early, when the President downplayed it and said it will all blow over in a few weeks.  IIRC.

He was called to task on that attitude, and everything offered to challenge him was shot down as fake reporting and part of a bigger plan to destroy him, politically.  

The science hasn't been very precise in a number of respects, and this just fueled the disbelief.  

To this day, there remain many who cling to their beliefs it was politicized and overplayed.  Full hospitals mean little to them.  The odds of dying from it are very low.  

I will just be glad when things start returning to normal.  I'm optimistic that by early summer, things will be much better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Right.  It seems to have started early, when the President downplayed it and said it will all blow over in a few weeks.  IIRC.

He was called to task on that attitude, and everything offered to challenge him was shot down as fake reporting and part of a bigger plan to destroy him, politically.  

The science hasn't been very precise in a number of respects, and this just fueled the disbelief.  

To this day, there remain many who cling to their beliefs it was politicized and overplayed.  Full hospitals mean little to them.  The odds of dying from it are very low.  

I will just be glad when things start returning to normal.  I'm optimistic that by early summer, things will be much better.

I hope that we can learn from the experience but.............. who knows. Everything has gotten so idiotic. If I can ask a favor......   when you say ‘the odds of dying are very low’ qualify the statement by adding that with the best modern medicine can give those odds are low. And when the medical systems get overwhelmed they do not work their best. And they are becoming very fragile in many places right this minute. I am very concerned about the next several months.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

I hope that we can learn from the experience but.............. who knows. Everything has gotten so idiotic. If I can ask a favor......   when you say ‘the odds of dying are very low’ qualify the statement by adding that with the best modern medicine can give those odds are low. And when the medical systems get overwhelmed they do not work their best. And they are becoming very fragile in many places right this minute. I am very concerned about the next several months.

Right again.  I've read we should expect a surge through January and the first couple of weeks in February.  After that, hopefully it begins to ratchet down, especially due to administration of the vaccines to the most vulnerable.  If we can keep them out of hospitals, things should begin to open up.

• Like 1