Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Mutation, not strain, correct.  I'm surprised that Brian hasn't corrected me already, LOL.

I was when I spoke to my friend at Baylor Tropical Disease in Houston. I think he battles it constantly. 

Strain,.variant, mutation.

He sent me a link in Rueters I will post.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Here is the article that explains, from an ID perspective, Strain (SARS-COV-2), mutations in RNA sequence, result in variants.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fit.thequint.com/amp/story/coronavirus/covid-dictionary-whats-the-difference-between-a-strain-and-variant

The media, from back in March, he says have used variant and strain interchangeably, and experts have not corrected reporters about they ask about a new "strain." A new "strain" is like an alarm going off to them. It means you have to start over, from zero, at least another year. Like a brand new Cat. 5 Hurricane in the Gulf he said.

Variants, caused by mutations, he said, are to be expected and.accounted.for, they don't freak out.over.variants. They look for them and track them and test against any existing vaccines.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

There is supposed to be a confirmed case of new strain in Colorado. 

What's the credible info. on what effect vaccine will have? Or still too soon to tell?

All the info have read is that while more susceptible, is not anymore 

terrible.

UK scientist is confident that the vaccine by Astra Zeneca is up to it and has it covered. Also said that if a problem, they could create in six weeks a remedy. So no link from me so label this as anecdotals.

• Like 2

Story - Yesterday at work, our main facility is mostly shut down, but certain folks are around. All the filters for the HVAC systems are changed out by a local company. I'm stringing some cat5 cable for a could new access points, and this HVAC contractor and I are chatting about all that's going on. He tells me about going to do the filters at one of the area funeral homes. He said there are usually only a few funerals and preparations going on, but on this day, they were packed. All the separate chapels, and around 10-15 bodies still being taken care of, preparing for placement in caskets. They told him they have gotten busier and busier. 😬

• Sad 1