Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

2 minutes ago, geoff. said:

Our government did not even see fit to build a facility in waiting for whichever drug company got the nod.

How many people could have been employed by such a project?

Product has to come from foreign shores while we wait in line.

Coors Light and Stella Artois are “brewed under license” here, but the cure for Covid...

Canadians are literally over a barrel on this one.

I guess it slipped the collective mind of those in charge...

The existing vaccine manufacturing giants already exist in India. There’s just a huge volume of souls to be inoculated. Honestly for the amount of distrust that already exists I personally would be worried about a gov’t related temporary drug facility.

• Like 1

Yes they say on NBC that travel surge over the holidays creating a surge in the virus. Looking for some peaks in the next 2 weeks according to Dr. Fauci. California having to make tough choices (rationing) over the overwhelmed health system there. Meanwhile, besides the talk about doing half doses of vaccine, also some considering a full dose and delaying the second vaccine dose.

Some like me wondering why the shortage if any since all the ramp up talk, and the confusion in the logistics, since they knew  long ago, this day would come.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

This does not surprise me at all:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/south-african-covid-variant-could-181215979.html

Watching the vaccine scenario unfold does not inspire me with any confidence.

Maynard

You are spot on correct. The more people who contract covid19 the more opportunities it has to mutate. It can mutate into something worse or something better but we only care about bad shifts in the virus.  Insofar as the vaccines go newer methods used to develop them may be nimble enough to be tweaked for new variants. Eventually we may see a battery of vaccine types all combined in a single inoculation. 

Tetanus.....    The tetanus infectious organism is common. It resides in the soil naturally and contaminates all sorts of things. It is everywhere. Tetanus is lethal in 30% of untreated cases and the course of the disease is not pretty. We don’t hear much about tetanus at least not in America. The tetanus vaccine has been around a long time and virtually nobody ever questions getting vaccinated or keeping their vaccination updated. 

Tetanus is everywhere. Covid19 is everywhere. Acutely Covid19 may not be statistically as lethal but we still do not know all the ramifications of the disease. We do know that covid19 causes damages to many internal organs and the brain. In time todays’ covid19 could lead to a host of chronic disabilities some which could be life ending. But covid19 is mutating. By shear volume of reproduction covid19 is changing. It could easily change into a much more lethal version. Another coronavirus known as middle eastern version that jumped from camels to humans was 30% lethal. Fortunately that virus was contained. Not so for covid19. Every covid19 infection results in billions of reproduction events any one which could mutate into a real nightmare. You need to not get covid19. Humanity needs covid19 controlled - ideally eliminated.

So - if you got your tetanus shot.......  and I know you all did......  there’s no excuse for not getting your covid19 vaccination. Pass this clear explanation to anyone considering holding off on their inoculation.

https://www.healthline.com/health/tetanus

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Yes they say on NBC that travel surge over the holidays creating a surge in the virus. Looking for some peaks in the next 2 weeks according to Dr. Fauci. California having to make tough choices (rationing) over the overwhelmed health system there. Meanwhile, besides the talk about doing half doses of vaccine, also some considering a full dose and delaying the second vaccine dose.

Some like me wondering why the shortage if any since all the ramp up talk, and the confusion in the logistics, since they knew  long ago, this day would come.

Yup. Again, I blame the Government.

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Tennessee, Texas and Florida folk are in long lines for vaccination. Some without appointments, blaming crashing websites. Chaotic rollout in general talk.

J&J vaccine expected to be approved in February.

Yup. There never was a National plan to keep the virus from spreading (that was followed by State or National governments) and now we are once again seeing a MAJOR problem in our overall Healthcare System. That's my take and I bet the percentages will show those not taking the vaccine will be along political party lines, for the most part.

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

So - if you got your tetanus shot.......  and I know you all did......  there’s no excuse for not getting your covid19 vaccination

The tetanus shot has a much longer track record as far as long term ramifications are concerned.

So... last Wednesday morning, Dec. 30th, my wife and I got the first shot of the Moderna vaccine. That evening , and following on thru Thursday, my arm was really, really sore.

Duh! I spent most of Wednesday afternoon stringing cat5 cable at work, up and down a ladder, my arms up over my head. That's enough to have me sore on during a normal week. Happy to say, by yesterday (Sunday) my arm is fine, no soreness or tenderness at all.

We have a LOT of employees who don't want to get the shots, and they aren't being required to get them, it is their choice. But that really puts the people we support at risk, many who are here due to developmental disorders. We lost a couple more this past week.

• Like 2

I just got the first part of the vaccine. Yes I am worried about it being rushed etc but this isn't about me it is about keeping my family and friends safe.

A buddy who was in the military said he has had dozens of injections without knowing what was in them or what they were for and he has already had the vaccine too...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Marvel said:

We have a LOT of employees who don't want to get the shots, and they aren't being required to get them, it is their choice. But that really puts the people we support at risk, many who are here due to developmental disorders. We lost a couple more this past week.

Wow! There are quite a few places that have a right not to get vaccinated but these facilities are not one of them, imo. Fwiw, the early-on spread at our local Nursing Homes came from staff who traveled between homes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, the early-on spread at our local Nursing Homes came from staff who travelled between homes.

We blocked family from visiting any of our homes, but we couldn't legally keep a family from taking a relative home for a weekend, etc. Then they would come back with the virus...

The Govnmt must  vaccine or  speed up the vaccination of Families of the Relatives who are in long term   Institutions as a  priority ,  the faster they vaccine the population the better  --but if 50% of the front line staff refuse a vaccine ,  we're back at square 1  , why would the population accept the vaccine  if Health workers dont trust it -

2 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

The Govnmt must  vaccine or  speed up the vaccination of Families of the Relatives who are in long term   Institutions as a  priority ,  the faster they vaccine the population the better  --but if 50% of the front line staff refuse a vaccine ,  we're back at square 1  , why would the population accept the vaccine  if Health workers dont trust it -

You didn't put a question mark but, why indeed would they not.

Microchips, monkey antibody's, allergies, hoax, you name it...

Fear, anxiety, paranoia, spooky...

Tough...

• Like 1