Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

21 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Funny how he says this now. 
2) Misinformation and disinformation is hugely damaging.

How many times has he flipped his story? 

And then #3? 

Agreed. This is precisely the summary statement he needed to ‘make’ loooooong ago. 

This:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7002e1.htm?s_cid=mm7002e1_w

BTW, not for or recommend any strong arm tactics used to vaccinate. Going to be getting the Moderna as scheduled later this month, unless Science changes my mind.

Make your own decisions. Not going to be browbeaten whether to take it or not. Gentle persuasion will get better results in my limited opinion.

Do what you like or want. We should be able to get there with the willing. Probably cut down on posting on this all too volatile thread at times. Thanks!

1 hour ago, billybob said:

This:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7002e1.htm?s_cid=mm7002e1_w

BTW, not for or recommend any strong arm tactics used to vaccinate. Going to be getting the Moderna as scheduled later this month, unless Science changes my mind.

Make your own decisions. Not going to be browbeaten whether to take it or not. Gentle persuasion will get better results in my limited opinion.

Do what you like or want. We should be able to get there with the willing. Probably cut down on posting on this all too volatile thread at times. Thanks!

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2021/01/what-data-show-allergic-reactions-covid-vaccines-cvd/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

You guys still seem to be passing the buck on where most of the misinformation and disinformation came from that was the most detrimental to our economy and our country...Fwiw, new leadership is coming and Dr Fouci is staying.

Looking forward to ‘new’ leadership. Are you expecting spectacular improvements?

24 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

You guys still seem to be passing the buck on where most of the misinformation and disinformation came from that was the most detrimental to our economy and our country...Fwiw, new leadership is coming and Dr Fouci is staying.

Fauci was the same advisor who allowed Ebola to come to America and it will be the same advisor to serve the next administration. Seems like they need a better advisor IMHO.

image.png

From what I remember, the mask issue had to do with there were not enough around at the time, and that they should be prioritized for the health care professionals.  Once production from free enterprise flooded the country with masks, then the idea that everyone would be better off if everyone wore one for the purpose of slowing the spread was recommended.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Do tell.

The fitted-sheet industry.  

You ever try to put one of those on a bed?  the width and length appear the same, I'm always putting them on wrong and I think the sheet cartel members are sitting in a smoke-filled room laughing at me. Making a bed doesn't need to be this hard. 

• Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 6:13 AM, Marvel said:

Our second dose is to be at least 4 weeks from the first shot, which puts us toward the end of January.

Hey Bruce, any side effects?  I assume you had the Pfizer vaccine.  I just got my first Moderna vaccination today - they pushed up the distribution priority for first responders yesterday.  My second is scheduled for Feb 2 (3 weeks).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I definitely expect a more cohesive and comprehensive strategy from the national government and given it is so out of control now I will be curious if they put some teeth in the Mask Mandate and/or revisit targeted shutdowns and regulations...Dunno but with the vaccine becoming more available let's hope everyone can get on the same page.

How many Americans died of Ebola contracted in this country? How many Americans who went to fight it abroad died of Ebola? {EDIT: BTW, here is something to get you started: Ebola virus cases in the United States - Wikipedia and here: Western African Ebola virus epidemic - Wikipedia}

Makes no difference. Ebola is a far more lethal virus than covid19 and had no business being intentionally imported to a new country. Our health systems were said to be ‘bullet’ proof by the leadership then. They were not. They never were. 

My point here is that these advisers are as much figure heads as those they advise. They are not in the least truly familiar with the reality of the status of our capabilities to manage such infectious diseases. It makes no difference who is in the ‘lead’ role when their trusted advisers are essentially out of touch. We can not take any disease lightly -  ever.  

So skip the finger pointing and deal with the subject. Covid19 and the real opportunities that were missed to deal with it better. So suddenly Fauci sees the China ‘light’. The WHO failed and every leader, and nearly every country failed to corral the virus. Look at the U.K.. Look at France, Italy the list is endless. 

These diseases are monsters as grotesque as any sci fi fictional demon. You keep them geographically close to their point of origin and you hammer them to extinction..... or you get what we have now.

Fauci needs to go away and is as culpable as anyone and everyone.

5 minutes ago, sputnik said:

Hey Bruce, any side effects?  I assume you had the Pfizer vaccine.  I just got my first Moderna vaccination today - they pushed up the distribution priority for first responders yesterday.  My second is scheduled for Feb 2 (3 weeks).

We got the Moderna, just some soreness in the arm with the injection.

Mine was extremely sore  but I had been stringing network cable with my arms over my head. It's been a week, and wife and I are both fine. Second shot in another three weeks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

What shutdown where?  There was no national shutdown.  Some countries did have national shutdowns, and they then have had to have them again.  Isn't that more of a comment on the nature of the disease as opposed to the nature of the response?

Technically you are 100% correct. In all but the most severe situations human nature has subverted attempts to contain covid19. China is the main outlier. They call for a ‘lockdown’ and they get a LOCKDOWN. Without that level of control covid19 is bound to proliferate. Period.

We have been fortunate that only one of our approximately 1200 clients has passed away from Covid-19. At least one staff member and her husband have passed away.

We've had numerous active cases, but the've come through ok. Testing has been a nightmare to pull off. Our department (IT) has been stretched as more staff had to work remotely. Network infrastructure could sure use an overhaul, pushed to the limits on bandwidth. It's help that most of the city had gigabit to most all businesses and homes.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I can't say I am surprised by this, nor as I am as disappointed as many people are about China's reluctance and delays.

My premise is based on a hunch which I haven't tried to research, but I suppose China conducts a lot of experimentation they'd rather not let the rest of the world see.  The reasons for secrecy could be in order to protect novel processes from public disclosure in order to secure a monetary advantage (thinking about novel treatments which can be patented and pay handsomely in the health care sector).  They could also be conducting similar activities in furtherance of researching whether advantages can be secured in a possible biological weapon - whether for offense or defense.  I have more doubt about the latter hunch because I think using a virus as a biological weapon would be a lot like pi$$ing in the wind - only much, much worse.

Assuming either one of these premises is true, why would anyone expect China would be quick to announce a pandemic has erupted in its jurisdiction?  Making an announcement like that would most certainly result in demands by the rest of the world for China to open up and show us everything.  

I think China was in a Catch-22.  Jumping the gun could cost them dearly in other ways not to be taken lightly at all.  Denial and hope had to be the first things going through the collective mentality of the Chinese leadership.  I know it would be for me if I was running America and we were Ground Zero for an outbreak.

The article suggests there are outbreak protocols in place that would work very effectively if world leaders would be transparent and follow them.  Perhaps this is true, but I seriously doubt anyone will comply anytime soon.  

On the other hand.....  we now see how well China does manage covid19. If they knew from the start then they knew the totality of their covid19 silencing. And I think China knew because it arrested anyone leaking covid19 information outside of formal pathways. With or without intent China weaponized the virus. China has effectively reset/upset the world stage. Ever hear the sage advice - confusion to the enemy? Watching America this past year is clear evidence of their success. So now what?

8 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

And I think China knew because it arrested anyone leaking covid19 information outside of formal pathways.

I don't agree.  I think China had a reason for serious concern.

8 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

With or without intent China weaponized the virus.

Without further evidence, I would believe it was without intent.

• Like 2