Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

OK.  Is there a limit on the number of OK's?  PM me if clarification is better discovered in private.

Nope it was plain, now you are out of all of Lounge until next Saturday. Clear this place has little to zero importance to you.

Let's see if you have a lick of sense and not reply to this at all.

I think Right this Minute is part of Lounge, if it is, it's fine to post in that sub-section, maybe we can get back to our roots.

Aloha 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Changed my mind, back 3 pages now:

@Jeff Matthews 

@jimjimbo (that's a gift)

@oldtimer @Woofers and Tweeters

[So far, there might be more as I go back. You all know better]

Stay out if this thread for a week, anything other than an "okay" before next Saturday (or similar posts in a new  new or.existing thread  will result in being tossed out of Lounge for a long time. Trying to slip something in another section, like 2 Channel for example, will get you tossed from Forum for a time out, to permanently,  depending on your history.

@Zen Traveler sorry, but you are clearly in this mess also. They would say I'm playing favorites, stay out of this thread until next Saturday.. 

• Moderators
On 1/7/2021 at 6:15 PM, Jeff Matthews said:

I tried to emulate it via PM, but you bailed.  It doesn't let you change your mind and come back.  Start a new one.

I think you may see a surge in that direction. One can hope, I have suggested it countless times. 

No one has access to it, least of all the moderators, unless someone flags it because of fraud, scams or a personal threat.

I'll take the vaccine first day it's offered to me.  Getting the protection without the illness is the smart way to go.  Getting antibodies after you've had the illness is like buying a car in pieces and you have to put it together yourself. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We recently moved from a county with a population of nearly 700,000 to a much more rural county with around 35,000 which we find is going to speed our ability to receive the vaccine. Our doctors office, in the “big” county had no idea when we would be eligible, both of us over 65. Just heard the vaccine will soon be available for our our age group which is following the first responders, probably by months end. My practitioner daughter, big county, got her first shot Wednesday.

• Like 2

What do these scientists know that Fauci doesn’t?

https://gbdeclaration.org/

Imo, self proclaimed “experts” like Fauci have no right to wield such power.  He should have been removed from his position long ago.

Now that the virus is known to infect animals like mink, what will humans do when ruminants and fowl are infected by future mutations?

Maynard

Fauci is a self proclaimed expert? You should advise him with your knowledge. I’m sure he’d welcome your input, as would the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, baron167 said:

Fauci is a self proclaimed expert? You should advise him with your knowledge. I’m sure he’d welcome your input, as would the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would enjoy chatting with the man!  Sadly, Fauci has ignored doctors and scientists who are far more knowledgeable going back to his involvement with HIV treatments.  PM and I will send you dozens of links which support my personal belief that there are people far more qualified to hold his position. 

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Testimony-Fareed-2020-11-19.pdf

Maynard

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

My grandson, 19 years old, barely knew he had the virus. The only reason he is pretty sure he got it is losing smell and taste and feeling somewhat bad for 3 days. This was a few weeks after going to college. My limited understanding of Covid is that losing smell and taste is a good sign you have it. He said it was prevalent at college for a few weeks after opening and was pretty much gone now. My best friend, 70 years old and in good health, died a few days after getting the virus. Old cars die more often then newer cars. Too many parts with too many miles on them. Seniors need to be extremely careful. 

55 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

My grandson, 19 years old, barely knew he had the virus. The only reason he is pretty sure he got it is losing smell and taste and feeling somewhat bad for 3 days. This was a few weeks after going to college. My limited understanding of Covid is that losing smell and taste is a good sign you have it. He said it was prevalent at college for a few weeks after opening and was pretty much gone now. My best friend, 70 years old and in good health, died a few days after getting the virus. Old cars die more often then newer cars. Too many parts with too many miles on them. Seniors need to be extremely careful. 

Autopsies have been done on the covid19 dead. What has been found is vascular damage at the capillary level, microbleeds. These have been found in most organ systems and has been associated with the sensory losses of taste and smell. Survivors have been studied and internal damages/scars have been identified.

Older people die because they essentially have used up their bodies. If during their lives they abused their bodies they tend to die sooner. Smokers die sooner. Alcoholics die sooner. Diabetics, drug addicts, etc and so on........  all expire sooner because those conditions imperil/impact healthy aging. 

Now medical science is uncertain exactly how covid19 survivors will be impacted in the long term from their infections. My message is that if you take good care of your ‘young car’ it will last a lot longer than if you do not. So I somewhat disagree with the statement that “seniors need to be extremely careful.” EVERYONE needs to be extremely careful. Everyone needs to deploy every measure that is known to halt the spread of covid19. Everyone should fear covid19 as if they were 80 years old.

• Like 1