Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

1 hour ago, tube fanatic said:

NJ wants schools to stay open but teachers are not yet eligible for the vaccine. Two million smokers are being given priority:

https://www.nj.com/education/2021/01/its-time-to-let-nj-teachers-get-covid-vaccine-lawmakers-say.html

Maynard

In my town all the local police and sheriffs openly refused to enforce mask mandate laws. But guess who’s 1st in line for vaccinations as 1st responders?

3 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

In my town all the local police and sheriffs openly refused to enforce mask mandate laws. But guess who’s 1st in line for vaccinations as 1st responders?

Covid-19 has killed more police officers this year than all other causes combined, data shows

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/09/02/coronavirus-deaths-police-officers-2020/

Edited by Jeepnmon
Update
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Jeepnmon said:

Covid-19 has killed more police officers this year than all other causes combined, data shows

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/09/02/coronavirus-deaths-police-officers-2020/

So you’ve interpreted my post as an anti-police comment. You assume incorrectly. It is specific to my situation. What if your local health providers all decided they would not treat covid19 but were 1st to suck up the vaccine? We’ve had mask laws in place here for a long time and people pick and choose how they use them. The police openly and brazenly do not care. They gave press release statements to this affect. They do not care that neighbors get into conflicts or that businesses must choose who will be their customer base. Why? Because the police were too afraid of being the enforcers. They did not want to be perceived as the bad guy. Of course the people who understand the science behind masks think the police are awful and the idiots who people who believe in magic love them. It is hypocritical as hell for them to get vaccinated 1st......  they were and are a huge part of the problem.

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

So you’ve interpreted my post as an anti-police comment. You assume incorrectly. It is specific to my situation. What if your local health providers all decided they would not treat covid19 but were 1st to suck up the vaccine? We’ve had mask laws in place here for a long time and people pick and choose how they use them. The police openly and brazenly do not care. They gave press release statements to this affect. They do not care that neighbors get into conflicts or that businesses must choose who will be their customer base. Why? Because the police were too afraid of being the enforcers. They did not want to be perceived as the bad guy. Of course the people who understand the science behind masks think the police are awful and the idiots who people who believe in magic love them. It is hypocritical as hell for them to get vaccinated 1st......  they were and are a huge part of the problem.

I most certainly did not interpret your post as anti-police. As you said, you assume incorrectly! My intent was to only share additional information regarding how this disease has impacted another cohort within our community.

Edited by Jeepnmon

41 minutes ago, Jeepnmon said:

I most certainly did not interpret your post as anti-police. As you said, you assume incorrectly! My intent was to only share additional information regarding how this disease has impacted another cohort within our community.

K......    If you’re adding new information then you need not quote my statement as the 2 are pertinent but unrelated. That said I do thoroughly understand what the police are doing in this pandemic and the perils they face. They step in front of danger in so many ways and I respect their institutions greatly.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

K......    If you’re adding new information then you need not quote my statement as the 2 are pertinent but unrelated. That said I do thoroughly understand what the police are doing in this pandemic and the perils they face. They step in front of danger in so many ways and I respect their institutions greatly.

I beg to disagree on your pertinent but unrelated sentiment. But I'm not here to argue or judge but to learn and share information.

Edited by Jeepnmon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1