Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

Still going to the grocery store? With new virus variants spreading, it’s probably time to stop.

https://www.vox.com/22220301/covid-spread-new-strain-variants-safe-grocery-store-n95-masks-vaccine

The paragraph about masks is especially relevant.  The CDC approval of cloth face coverings has been flawed from the beginning.  Most of the coverings I see folks wearing in stores won’t filter bacteria let alone a virus.  And there is the corollary issue of seeing people wearing face shields without a mask underneath as well as employees and shoppers keeping their noses exposed.  I believe we are in a “lost cause” situation with virus containment and the vaccine won’t make much of a difference.  I already know of folks who are celebrating because they got vaccinated and “won’t have to take precautions much longer.”

Maynard

15 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

I already know of folks who are celebrating because they got vaccinated and “won’t have to take precautions much longer.”

-Maynard ,  you're correct , 

the current Moderna and Pfizer vaccines  may not  offer any protection against the newer Covid 19 Variants  , one must take all the precautions including isolation , I 've been using N95 masks  and Shields since the outbreak because I do a lot of work in the Field and even in Hospitals -

6 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

-Maynard ,  you're correct , 

the current Moderna and Pfizer vaccines  may not  offer any protection against the newer Covid 19 Variants  , one must take all the precautions including isolation , I 've been using N95 masks  and Shields since the outbreak because I do a lot of work in the Field and even in Hospitals -

Putting on an N-95 mask to stop a virus is the equivalent of installing a cyclone fence to keep ants out of the yard.

just sayin...

I’m genuinely sorry for your loss.

My opinion is based solely on factual data.

An N-95 mask has a filtration capability of .6 microns.

The virus is .03 - .14 microns.

It’s simply a physical impossibility to stop it with a mask.

Please don’t misinterpret this as diminishing the loss of your loved one because that is not my intention.

They were 94 years old.

This alone is an underlying condition.

Theres a difference between dying from something and dying with something.

Peace

• Like 1

The masks are not intended to block viruses. They are intended to baffle exhaled aerosols that carry the viruses in order to keep those aerosols from their maximal expulsion. By the same notion an N95 mask can filter those aerosols and MAY impede the transition of the viruses. This is why they want you to change or clean masks after each use. The things get dirty with stuff you cannot see.  Understand that every exhaled breath is 100% humidified at body temperature. It is on this moisture laden air that the viruses ride. They never come out ‘dry’ or singular. Masks are the very best tool available to keep covid19 from spreading. And as a collateral this years influenza has been greatly diminished as well (for a number of reasons).

Now the biggest mask faux pas is not covering the nose. Every video you’ll watch of covid19 test sampling shows a deep swabbing of the nasal cavity. That’s done because it is in the mucous membranes in the nose that covid19 usually resides. So not covering the nose is akin to not wearing a mask at all in both transmitting or receiving covid19 viruses.

Insofar as the vaccine goes we had better hope that no covid19 variant becomes resistant. Because it it is resistant to the vaccine then it will also be resistant to the existing antibodies in people who already had covid19. In other words a new resistant covid variant is a whole new viral pathogen, one that everyone is susceptible to. The pandemic begins anew with whatever the new virus offers.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, baron167 said:

They were 94 years old.
This alone is an underlying condition.
Theres a difference between dying from something and dying with something.

Shame on you.

Long ago I knew a family who took care of their elderly father. Elderly meaning over 100 years. Every day.....  every single day he’d get up and dress himself to the 9’s. He wore white spats and bowler hats and was just as dapper as could be. He died in his sleep. Yeah, humans physically wear out as they age. But they also can retain a life’s worth of knowledge and experiences. Each one is a treasure well worth knowing.

22 minutes ago, tony61 said:

So we revert to name calling now?

That tells me quite a bit about you.

No other time in the history of of the world have we quarantined the healthy.

Not for the flu, Ebola, tuberculosis or any number of deadly infectious diseases.

The virus has a survival rate of at least 99.8%.
Probably higher.

The people with underlying conditions are the ones we should protect.

Kinda like by not sending infected people to nursing homes to recover.

Healthy people should be allowed to continue to live their lives and keep society running.

The ramifications of shutting down entire economies and restricting people from being able to earn a living, provide for their family and keep employees working are far more damaging.

Im not the one who should “stay away from others”.

Your 94 year old loved one is.

A natural herd immunity is the best way to protect the population.

Think about this, they now say that the vaccine is, at best, 50% effective.

The survival rate, should you catch it is 99.8%.

The smart money should be behind natural immunity.

Wearing a simple face mask and washing your hands and keeping a distance is far from being quarantined. Now maybe where you live they have to shut down because people are too proud or dumb to do the aforementioned. Too bad so sad....  if the simple measure are too tough then the tough measures come next. George Washington kept his army in quarantine to avoid infected cities. Yeah - reverse isolation is not new. It is old. If the sick cannot be isolated then you isolate the healthy away from the sick. Epidemiology, it’s a wonderful subject.

You seem quite willing to accept death in seeking to achieve herd immunity. I guess you’d also just stop treating certain demographics as you clearly find being elderly and infirm as unworthy of concern. How about the obese of any age - are they not worth treating? Surely drug addicts and alcoholics would not meet your standards of concern. We would have to draw some lines. We cannot physically take care of the critically sick. There’s too many. Maybe a guy like you would resort to euthanasia, y’know like proactive hospice.

And what about covid19 variants. I mean you almost sound intelligent (AKA brain trust) so you must understand that the more people get infected the greater the opportunity for mutations of the virus. Would it matter if covid19 mutated into a variant that killed children and young people at the same rate? 

I do not know what your acumen is. Let’s say your an accountant. You are educated and have your CPA. Would it be smart for people to hire you to organize their businesses and/or do their taxes.......or would they be smarter to do it by themselves? They’d be stupid to not hire somebody who knows what to do. Same goes for an auto mechanic. So what makes YOU feel that you understand how best to manage medical issues for which you have zero training? Sorry covid19 has impacted your life so badly. Blame it on China. Blame it on the other folks who refuse to do the easy things. Hope you and yours (elders included) all survive.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

You’re discussing the current efforts by WHO to visit Wuhan. China has tightly controlled access to this region and has refused access for the WHO and others. It will be interesting to see if China allows this current visit to come anywhere near their viral research complex in Wuhan.

Good morning, not going to brag about getting a shot, first of 2.

Just letting know it may be coming to you sooner than mentioned, as was my case.

The science said that after 8 days, I may be gaining on 50 percent

immunity. The second dose just less than a month from now, takes me to 90 percent a short bit later.

Not really nothing to flaunt as will still be using the regular protection measures awhile longer.

Enjoy your discussion.

• Like 2