Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

7 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

Vaccine distribution in NJ.  The cartoon reminds me of the amps built by a certain unnamed individual! 

Based on the experiences of everyone I know the article is 100% accurate.

https://www.nj.com/opinion/2021/01/new-jerseys-vaccine-rollout-for-seniors-a-massive-failure-opinion.html

Maynard

Edited by Moderator:

Absolutely! The need to 911 vaccinate huge masses of people is an enormous task that was [Edit "was" refers to the past, not what thread is about. Here and now.] 

Who is failing? [Not on topic, you could try new thread, but good luck keeping politics out of that.]

Never expect your elected leadership to [that could actually probably be saved, and would be an excellent topic - it would be a discussion on how to handle the next one] 

• Like 1

CDC makes not wearing mask on public transport a federal crime

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued an order late Friday requiring people on airplanes, ships, ferries, trains, subways, buses, taxis and ride-shares to wear a face mask while waiting, boarding, traveling and disembarking. The order applies to those traveling into, within or out of the U.S.

The agency said violating the rules could result in criminal penalties. The order will be enforced by the Transportation Security Administration, as well as other federal, state and local authorities, the CDC said. It goes into effect at 11:59 p.m. Monday.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/01/30/covid-news-j-j-vaccine-trial-canada-travel-restrictions-coronavirus/4308370001/

3 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Absolutely! The need to 911 vaccinate huge masses of people is an enormous task that was [in the past not what thread is about]

MOD Edit: [not really an problem, but response to something that was about the past, and political]]

. . . . is not in charge of distribution...

[There is a guy who is, been there 9 days and been told to Admin 100 million people in 100 days. We all know this]

[I don't know how you talk about current distribution problems, improvememts,.lack of improvements, hitting goals, not.hitting goals, without getting or comparing to the past, but if you can you can start another topic on it, I want to focus on here and now,.virus and variants,.vaccines, therupitics,  science, known,.unknown. sorry for Shift.]

Moderna asks FDA to authorize 5 additional doses per Covid vaccine vial to speed distribution,

The change would allow Moderna to put 15 doses in the same size vials now cleared to hold 10, alleviating pressure on the part of the manufacturing process known as fill/finish, said the person, who declined to be named because the application isn’t yet public.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/29/moderna-asks-fda-to-allow-more-doses-in-each-covid-19-vaccine-vial.html

As Canada awaits vaccine doses, relying on other countries is the wrong approach: U.K. expert

Countries like Canada that are waiting for vaccine shipments amid an international shortage could have done more in the early days of the pandemic to boost their own domestic production capacity, according to a leading vaccine expert from the United Kingdom.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/as-canada-awaits-vaccine-doses-relying-on-other-countries-is-the-wrong-approach-u-k-expert-1.5288416

Moderna to cut deliveries to Canada in new blow to vaccination campaign

Canada falls to 20th in the world for vaccine doses administered

Moderna is expected to ship between 20-25 per cent less product to Canada in February than originally planned, much like the delays that France and Italy also reported today after conversations with the drugmaker. Next week's shipment has been revised down to 180,000 doses.

The numbers are in: Canada’s COVID-fighting efforts are among world’s worst

The first step is admitting you have a problem. So, let’s do that: Canada is doing a terrible job fighting COVID. How terrible? The Lowy Institute, one of Australia’s most-respected think tanks, is tracking pandemic metrics to gauge the performance of 98 countries as they respond to this global crisis. Canada ranks 61st  behind El Salvador, Belarus and Myanmar.

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/the-numbers-are-in-canadas-covid-fighting-efforts-are-among-worlds-worst/

• Sad 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

The new effort is in the same boat as the old effort, just a little further along down the river.

You are indeed a great source. However, I would like to stay away from comparisons between the old efforts and new efforts. It just makes it hard to keep this boat upright. I really need for everyone to stay in the here and now boat (which for the most part has been happening).

This is for everyone, no one in particular just  an opportunity to review what this thread is about - apolitical current, credible information on the virus, what's working, what isn't, vaccinations (getting or not getting). It's going to need some science behind it. The kind of stuff people need to make today, real world decisions. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) fringe won't make it here, nor commentary, then vs. now, China, etc. You could try a new topic but I doubt it will last, too hot button, but welcome the try. 

Final note, I'm not going to control what's credible here. You all have been pretty good at point out what's right cornering with stuff. We need to know.what mainstream "science" knows,.also need to know what it doesn't know yet (probably more important), and what is in controversy.

Again, if there is a conspiarcy that's driving something, or another country, whatever, I'm glad they figured it out, it doesn't belong here. Everyone here is more than capable of staying up to date and looking up whats behind all of this, then or now. (Dick Cheny and Bill Gates are all running this from Montana at Ted's ranch, as entertainment in a game they have dubbed The Unknown, Known in case you were wondering). That information is easy to find, everyone here can find it.

What's difficult to find and sort through is what's is current, accurate and scientific, why something is suspect, if there are different views in scientific community, what therapeutics are working, are not. That's the hard stuff to find, but you all have found it, over and over, since March.

Let me know if any questions. I'm happy to try to clarify.   It's a thin line I know, but the only way to keep this topic around (most other forums tossed it long ago). The line has shifted, or been defined very well, my fault, sorry. 

It takes, liberally, a 1000 times the effort to keep this on the rails than to lock it and prohibit any related future topics, but, so far, it's been worth the effort.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

You are indeed a great source. However, I would like to stay away from comparisons between the old efforts and new efforts. It just makes it hard to keep this boat upright. I really need for everyone to stay in the here and now boat (which for the most part has been happening).

This is for everyone, no one in particular just  an opportunity to review what this thread is about - apolitical current, credible information on the virus, what's working, what isn't, vaccinations (getting or not getting). It's going to need some science behind it. The kind of stuff people need to make today, real world decisions. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) fringe won't make it here, nor commentary, then vs. now, China, etc. You could try a new topic but I doubt it will last, too hot button, but welcome the try. 

Final note, I'm not going to control what's credible here. You all have been pretty good at point out what's right cornering with stuff. We need to know.what mainstream "science" knows,.also need to know what it doesn't know yet (probably more important), and what is in controversy.

Again, if there is a conspiarcy that's driving something, or another country, whatever, I'm glad they figured it out, it doesn't belong here. Everyone here is more than capable of staying up to date and looking up whats behind all of this, then or now. (Dick Cheny and Bill Gates are all running this from Montana at Ted's ranch, as entertainment in a game they have dubbed The Unknown, Known in case you were wondering). That information is easy to find, everyone here can find it.

What's difficult to find and sort through is what's is current, accurate and scientific, why something is suspect, if there are different views in scientific community, what therapeutics are working, are not. That's the hard stuff to find, but you all have found it, over and over, since March.

Let me know if any questions. I'm happy to try to clarify.   It's a thin line I know, but the only way to keep this topic around (most other forums tossed it long ago). The line has shifted, or been defined very well, my fault, sorry. 

It takes, liberally, a 1000 times the effort to keep this on the rails than to lock it and prohibit any related future topics, but, so far, it's been worth the effort.

You have a PM.....👍

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Johnson & Johnson says single-dose COVID-19 vaccine will be a "game-changer"

Benefits include that it only requires one dose — as opposed to Moderna and Pfizer's two-dose inoculations — and that it can be stored in a regular refrigerator. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-vaccine-johnson-and-johnson-single-dose/

How effective? Not so good.

Then look at stat on preventing deaths,.very promising.

Early data on South Africa variant looked promising I heard

Why is it a game changer? Look at the capacity of JJ. What is it compared to Moderna/Pfizer in the US?

This might be a wrong idea......   but I’d like to see the national guard deployed to administer these vaccinations. I think they need a simplified command route to distribute and deploy this stuff. With the guard it goes from source to dispensary to the people. Giving IM injections is simple. Now we’ve got too many outlets, too many routes, too many promises and too many chiefs and things are getting bottlenecked, botched, lost and wasted. Simplify it - use the guard IMHO.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

This might be a wrong idea......   but I’d like to see the national guard deployed to administer these vaccinations. I think they need a simplified command route to distribute and deploy this stuff. With the guard it goes from source to dispensary to the people. Giving IM injections is simple. Now we’ve got too many outlets, too many routes, too many promises and too many chiefs and things are getting bottlenecked, botched, lost and wasted. Simplify it - use the guard IMHO.

Couldn’t agree more. Too many ways for the current system to break. 

cincy

• Thanks 1