Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

29 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

This might be a wrong idea......   but I’d like to see the national guard deployed to administer these vaccinations. I think they need a simplified command route to distribute and deploy this stuff. With the guard it goes from source to dispensary to the people. Giving IM injections is simple. Now we’ve got too many outlets, too many routes, too many promises and too many chiefs and things are getting bottlenecked, botched, lost and wasted. Simplify it - use the guard IMHO.

Thinking that is part of the mass injection plan.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, billybob said:

Thinking that is part of the mass injection plan.

State by state,  Hubs. To bump up to 1 million vaccinations a day I don't what's in plan for that. National Guard, CVS?

You have to have supply before you can use National Guard. You would use National Guard at Hubs capable of vaccinating 25K to 50K a day, hard to do that in-car.  You have to have the supply first,.then who is going to pay the nurses and doctors to go down the hub?

What's the avg. Number of vaccinations per day now? What's the supply per day at?

How much can.JJ pump out?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

State by state,  Hubs. To bump up to 1 million vaccinations a day I don't what's in plan for that. National Guard, CVS?

You have to have supply before you can use National Guard. You would use National Guard at Hubs capable of vaccinating 25K to 50K a day, hard to do that in-car.  You have to have the supply first,.then who is going to pay the nurses and doctors to go down the hub?

What's the avg. Number of vaccinations per day now? What's the supply per day at?

How much can.JJ pump out?

You do not need MD’s and/or RN’s to administer simple intramuscular injections. It is the same deal as boot camp. Line em up and medics inject - done. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

You do not need MD’s and/or RN’s to administer simple intramuscular injections. It is the same deal as boot camp. Line em up and medics inject - done. 

True, you don't want an MD any way. Pharmacists can do it in every state already, nurse assistants, lots of.people qualified, but you have to pay them.

National Guard is State by State, but how many total medics, corpsmen total in National Guard? By state? 

The goal is 1million a day,.where are we at currently? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

True, you don't want an MD any way. Pharmacists can do it in every state already, nurse assistants, lots of.people qualified, but you have to pay them.

National Guard is State by State, but how many total medics, corpsmen total in National Guard? By state? 

The goal is 1million a day,.where are we at currently? 

Every retired nurse, medic, doctor, Pharmd and anyone willing to undergo 30 minutes of training can give a safe IM injection. It truly is abc123 easy...... then again so is wearing a mask.

• Like 1

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Every retired nurse, medic, doctor, Pharmd and anyone willing to undergo 30 minutes of training can give a safe IM injection. It truly is abc123 easy...... then again so is wearing a mask.

But you have to pay them to show up at a hub, or, order them to show up if in Military or Guard.

I think we need to get a realistic grasp on the scale we are looking at here.

Let's assume no supply problem, there are dose for everyone who can take it (above age what?). Does anyone know that number? 250 Million?

So you stagger that out by priority, done.

Let's take the example of lining everyone up like boot camp. That would be Army, NG is a fraction so new recruits for NG would send you backwards. New Recruits for Army is about 80,000 I believe, or at least their goal. So we know they have that capability, staggegered out over a year, all over US. Let's say they are capable of doing 10x that. 800,000 injections per year. 100x that 8,000,000 a year. That's the US Army, not the Guard which is tiny, in 54 seperate entities.

The Guard and Military are the best for getting large scale supplies of anything, to an area, and distributing those supplies, there is no question about that. But it only one piece of the puzzle. You need to have people to administer it. 

That all assumes  no supply issues.

It there was an unlimited supply there wouldn't be any issues would there? You ask every pharmacy, doctor, hospital, health department how many they need and send them out X2, 2 shots. Oh that's right, you have to have special freezers . . . until now.

The JJ numbers are now ultra critical. What was effectiveness IN THE US, and on those that got it in US what was outcome compared to control group? Are those numbers acceptable? What is JJ's capacity?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

You do need some physicians and nurses on site, not to administer, but on standby, that's a requirement, at least in Texas.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

But you have to pay them to show up at a hub, or, order them to show up if in Military or Guard.

I think we need to get a realistic grasp on the scale we are looking at here.

Let's assume no supply problem, there are dose for everyone who can take it (above age what?). Does anyone know that number? 250 Million?

So you stagger that out by priority, done.

Let's take the example of lining everyone up like boot camp. That would be Army, NG is a fraction so new recruits for NG would send you backwards. New Recruits for Army is about 80,000 I believe, or at least their goal. So we know they have that capability, staggegered out over a year, all over US. Let's say they are capable of doing 10x that. 800,000 injections per year. 100x that 8,000,000 a year. That's the US Army, not the Guard which is tiny, in 54 seperate entities.

The Guard and Military are the best for getting large scale supplies of anything, to an area, and distributing those supplies, there is no question about that. But it only one piece of the puzzle. You need to have people to administer it. 

That all assumes  no supply issues.

It there was an unlimited supply there wouldn't be any issues would there? You ask every pharmacy, doctor, hospital, health department how many they need and send them out X2, 2 shots. Oh that's right, you have to have special freezers . . . until now.

The JJ numbers are now ultra critical. What was effectiveness IN THE US, and on those that got it in US what was outcome compared to control group? Are those numbers acceptable? What is JJ's capacity?

Effective population vaccinations for the influenza are considered anything above a 60% success rate. A population with this level of immunity will impede the spread of the flu enough to quell an outbreak. I believe I have read where they want something similar or better for covid19. The vaccines themselves achieve individual functional levels above 90% which is extraordinary. But to impede new variations we need to get as many vaccinated ASAP and adhere to masking, etc for the balance of this calendar year, if not longer. 

Insofar as logistics go.....   not my bailiwick. What I would note is that large sized installations are needed to accommodate large crowds. A queue at the local pharmacy isn’t gonna work. Hopefully brighter minds than mine are working on the solutions.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

You do need some physicians and nurses on site, not to administer, but on standby, that's a requirement, at least in Texas.

Y’know they can cut through the red tape if they wanna. Anaphylaxis occurs at 2 cases per million. Keep an ambulance on stand by like most HS football games.

• Like 1

Why Scientists Are Very Worried About The Variant From Brazil

But for some scientists, the most worrying variant might be the newest one. A variant called P.1, which emerged in early December in Manaus, Brazil, and by mid-January had already caused a massive resurgence in cases across the city of 2 million people.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/01/27/961108577/why-scientists-are-very-worried-about-the-variant-from-brazil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1