Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

Live updates: Russian vaccine more than 91% effective against coronavirus, peer-reviewed test results show

In its first publicly available test results, Russia’s already widely distributed vaccine, Sputnik V, was shown to be 91.6 percent effective against the coronavirus in Phase 3 trials, according to peer-reviewed findings published in the Lancet, a British medical journal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/02/02/covid-coronavirus-latest-updates/

Coronavirus strain in UK picks up mutation that could impact vaccines, experts say

A mutation that could allow Covid-19 to escape antibody protection has now been found in samples of a rapidly spreading strain in the UK, according to a report Monday by Public Health England.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/health/variant-mutation-e484k/index.html

Captain Tom, 100-Year-Old Who Inspired Millions, Is Hospitalized With COVID-19

Capt. Tom Moore, the 100-year-old World War II veteran who has raised millions of dollars to support health workers in the fight against COVID-19, now has the coronavirus and is in the hospital, according to his daughter. Moore was awarded a knighthood last year, after he inspired people in the U.K. and around the world.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/02/01/962887703/captain-tom-100-year-old-who-inspired-millions-is-hospitalized-with-covid-19

• Like 1

my number hasn't been called yet.  I will get my via the VA Hospital. Had a phone appointment with my doc this morning and asked her if my asthma will give me a higher priority. she said absolutely yes. right now they're still doing age 65 and up with health issues. She said my turn is weeks away not months away.

they have both Pfizer and modern. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 1/30/2021 at 5:16 PM, Bosco-d-gama said:

Effective population vaccinations for the influenza are considered anything above a 60% success rate. A population with this level of immunity will impede the spread of the flu enough to quell an outbreak. I believe I have read where they want something similar or better for covid19. The vaccines themselves achieve individual functional levels above 90% which is extraordinary. But to impede new variations we need to get as many vaccinated ASAP and adhere to masking, etc for the balance of this calendar year, if not longer. 

Insofar as logistics go.....   not my bailiwick. What I would note is that large sized installations are needed to accommodate large crowds. A queue at the local pharmacy isn’t gonna work. Hopefully brighter minds than mine are working on the solutions.

Hopefully brighter than mine also. As I mentioned before, I.worked at a Hub that was set up to handle 2,200 does a day, 10 tents, an RN and medical assistant at each tent, 1.MD. High School Stadium parking lot. Every car has a slotted time, 

They go to 20 tents tomorrow,  both sides of the stadium instead of just one side.

2nd shot you are given a day to come back (so in 21 to 28 days they will be handling 4,400 injections per day.

200,000 are signed up for 1A and 1B, that what, 3 months just to get that done?

The Flu vaccine is administered mostly by pharmacies (because insurance won't pay doctor's office to give them)..Does anyone know how many flu vaccines were given in 2018?

• Like 1

My doctor told me today that I was weeks not months away from a covid vaccine due to my asthma.  Up here at the VA, she said they have both Modern and Pfizer. they are currently still dealing with age 65 and older with health conditions. 

The bad news is that she warned me that the team that is tasked with contacting us for a vaccine will NOT leave a message.  If you don't answer the phone, they just move on to the next person on the list.  I sure hope they don't call when I'm in the shower!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

My doctor told me today that I was weeks not months away from a covid vaccine due to my asthma.  Up here at the VA, she said they have both Modern and Pfizer. they are currently still dealing with age 65 and older with health conditions. 

The bad news is that she warned me that the team that is tasked with contacting us for a vaccine will NOT leave a message.  If you don't answer the phone, they just move on to the next person on the list.  I sure hope they don't call when I'm in the shower!

Maybe they will leave a message...

Ocugen: There’s a New Potential Covid-19 Vaccine at the Gate

On Tuesday, Ocugen (OCGN) announced it had finalized its deal with India-based Bharat Biotech. The two will work together on COVAXIN, Bharat’s Covid-19 vaccine, for the U.S. market.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ocugen-potential-covid-19-vaccine-163624031.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGEQvK3Gdz_06JR8jfqLo1fFtzEkLVhjHDp8jIW3A0py5HCtGkbW2Ms5tZplGo07KaZDPTRLcR7EaZmr6wJGp6sjOXDEJvGNtZrgrY0WHAIeAt625VPjlSHKTDhN3Y_ggZUd324wYBNoAQil-BiSzuNMdvea5TsxixoMRf-4PTN8

Can you still transmit Covid-19 after vaccination?

There's no evidence that any of the current Covid-19 vaccines can completely stop people from being infected – and this has implications for our prospects of achieving herd immunity.

Apparently living in Florida is the cure! Or the best chance to not get it!

Never for one second believed a fortified dust mask could stop a virus so I wear my respirator when going into a public place, then refuse to worry about it.

Put the outside of the respirator towards the yellow of the ziplock change those monthly along with the cartridges in the one in the car every other month. Swap the one from the house to the car the next month and so forth. The two get taken apart and washed often. I was already brainwashed about hand washing to get on the transplant list decades ago.. just made that a little worse the past year!

valar morghulis

PXL-20210206-012756796.jpg

STAY WELL FOLKS!

• Like 1