Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

18 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

so I wear my respirator when going into a public place, then refuse to worry about it.

the Russian President even wears a HAZMAT suit -----Plus a respirator ,  special Boots - and gloves --Covid  aint the flu -

Image result for putin wearing a hazmat

• Like 1

I won't go that far but what I do is about as far as I will go and if it's your time it's your time man and no amount of precautions is going to stop it. Next thing will be is whether or not I take a vaccine for it. Lots of reports of bad physical reactions to the two part one and heck who knows about the other. Are there still only two on our continent Randy I haven't been keeping up with it I know you have.

When we got our 2nd shot last Monday, it was at the local transit authority bus barns. Four lines going in and maybe 8 tables per line. It move pretty quickly. You booked appointments online. The pfizer was at a different location. Our appoinment was between 9:30-10:00, pulled up at 9:30 (a five minute drive from our offices, so it was easy to arrive at the right time).

Monday evening was ok, got a little headache. Tuesday we stayed home from work... 100-101 fever, wednesday fine and back to work. Some of my coworkers had no reaction at all, a couple upset stomachs.

Don't let people scare you out of getting the sh*ts. That really was a typo... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Marvel said:

Don't let people scare you out of getting the shits.

Naaa

I love to eat Mexican with peppers, cheese, chili and frijoles often, happens the next day every time🤣 

PXL-20210206-180220409.jpg

That was my brunch today, that half was leftover for an hour or so!

But the shots..... I''ll be wary of them until I have enough info to make a decision. There isn't enough out there to satisfy me even about the bug yet!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

But the shots..... I''ll be wary of them until I have enough info to make a decision.

look at it this way John ... we eat stuff everyday that we have no idea what all is in it. I really don't think the government is trying to kill us ... so I'm getting the shot the first day it's offered to me. 

• Like 1

That's cool @BigStewMan. I love Freedom of Choice and with my underlying health issues I'll hold off a little bit. Been safe from it so far and ain't changing my newfound habits yet either!

*Don't think that at all, and wasn't implying, just have read about things happening... from the shots!:ohmy:

Our lives became like a cheesy rainy Saturday afternoon sci-fi movie (the ones from Canada back then were the best!) in real life about a year ago and it's not over yet!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I love Freedom of Choice and with my underlying health issues I'll hold off a little bit.

I hear you on that. I've been more careful than many people.  Breathing doesn't come easy to me anyway.  My doctor told me that I was a priority on the vaccine list; but there are older people with health issues ahead of me. Right now, the hospital is vaccinating age 65 and older with health conditions. I just turned 60. She thinks I'm weeks not months away from my name coming up.

• Like 1

Ok, showered and getting ready to finish the laundry for this week....

From what I understand about the whole deal my immuno-suppressed system will work in my favor if I do catch it. Meaning that if it is the body's immuno response that causes the lead in to the organ failure from lack of oxygen to them my system might not attack it with enough vigor to cause that issue (blood not being able to carry oxygen).

H*ll... I was supposed to be dead already three times over. The last sentence was the queer cutaneous metastasizing squamous cell carcinoma that only folks that take immunos can possibly catch. Not good enough to check out early from this life so I'm gonna be around for a while.

Without the "tommorow I might go as far as...."

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

From what I understand about the whole deal my immuno-suppressed system will work in my favor if I do catch it.

well, let's just hope that you don't catch it.  I didn't understand all that you wrote ... give it to me straight ... are you saying that your immune system will better fight off COVID than complications from the vaccine?

Here's what I tell my kids and everyone else ... do whatever your conscience can live with. My kids are a thousand miles away. if I get sick, I don't want them making the trip just to watch me die; BUT they are the ones that will have to live with whatever decision they make ... so it's THEIR decision not mine. I'll answer direct questions; but I'm not going to lead them to my conclusion. 

but hey ... we've both made it through the first year so I don't know if we're lucky or good?  Peace John. 

• Thanks 1

Not talking vaccine in that post. If the immune response to the germ is less then I can deduce that it would at minimum take longer to kill that particular person. There was talk last year of the way the body 's white blood cell response to it accelerated the damage that it does. Didn't save any of that stuff I read from all over on the subject because it kept disappearing from the www.

That's how they designed it, did not come from a darn bat, it's ge--  **rf##e plain and simple. A cold blooded mammal can not have a germ from a warm blooded mammal. So how did dna from HIV get into the dna of the bug?    Ixne to the blame the bat bullya.

How it causes the reverse flow through the alveoli thus destroying them is through protein damage after that the blood can't transport or even carry oxygen... it's freakin' purpose! That is much worse than just a breathing problem! So your organs need oxygen to work, without it they stop working and the victim is a dead dog then. (not demeaning dogs.. I love the good ones... not yip-yaps)

Why Are So Many Health-Care Workers Resisting the COVID Vaccine?

C.N.A.s have questions about the speed of vaccine development, the immunity it confers, long-term side effects, and what could happen if the virus mutates further.

https://www.newyorker.com/science/medical-dispatch/why-are-so-many-health-care-workers-resisting-the-covid-vaccine

The Mystery Of India's Plummeting COVID-19 Cases

Last September, India was confirming nearly 100,000 new coronavirus cases a day. It was on track to overtake the United States to become the country with the highest reported COVID-19 caseload in the world. Hospitals were full. The Indian economy nosedived into an unprecedented recession.

But four months later, India's coronavirus numbers have plummeted. Late last month, on Jan. 26, the country's Health Ministry confirmed a record low of about 9,100 new daily cases — in a country of nearly 1.4 billion people. It was India's lowest daily tally in eight months. On Monday, India confirmed about 11,000 cases.

Covid pandemic: Has the US turned the corner?

It's been a long winter for the US, with hospitals seeing more coronavirus patients than at any point in the pandemic and the average number of daily deaths topping 3,000 for the first time.

But as spring approaches, the number of infections is now falling and the vaccination programme looks to have overcome some of its initial problems.

So is the US on track to get back to some form of normality in 2021 or do new variants of the virus mean further setbacks are ahead?

We've taken a look at the data and spoken to an epidemiologist to assess the situation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55952899

Coronavirus cases are falling in the US but experts say it's not from the COVID vaccine, yet

New coronavirus cases are on the decline in the United States following staggering post-holiday peaks last month, but experts say it's too early for new COVID-19 vaccines to be having an impact. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/02/06/us-covid-cases-falling-but-its-not-vaccine-yet-experts-say/4401778001/

The Coronavirus Is a Master of Mixing Its Genome, Worrying Scientists

New studies underscore how coronaviruses frequently mix their genetic components — which could contribute to the rise of dangerous variants.

https://www.deccanherald.com/science-and-environment/the-coronavirus-is-a-master-of-mixing-its-genome-worrying-scientists-948133.html