Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

12 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Not talking vaccine in that post. If the immune response to the germ is less then I can deduce that it would at minimum take longer to kill that particular person. There was talk last year of the way the body 's white blood cell response to it accelerated the damage that it does. Didn't save any of that stuff I read from all over on the subject because it kept disappearing from the www.

That's how they designed it, did not come from a darn bat, it's ge--  **rf##e plain and simple. A cold blooded mammal can not have a germ from a warm blooded mammal. So how did dna from HIV get into the dna of the bug?    Ixne to the blame the bat bullya.

How it causes the reverse flow through the alveoli thus destroying them is through protein damage after that the blood can't transport or even carry oxygen... it's freakin' purpose! That is much worse than just a breathing problem! So your organs need oxygen to work, without it they stop working and the victim is a dead dog then. (not demeaning dogs.. I love the good ones... not yip-yaps)

Technically no mammals are cold blooded.

Vaccines safely allow the immune system to become familiar with, and ready to fend off covid19. Covid19 is a double edged sword. The virus itself can kill or damage you and it can illicit a cytokine storm in your body that also can kill you. Once a person is vaccinated covid19 is less likely to overwhelmingly infect and thusly the immune system is then less likely to ‘over react’. That’s the win-win of getting vaccinated. Your chances of getting deathly sick are greatly reduced.

Lots of things can cause materials/fluid from the blood to cross into the lungs. Covid19 can cause ARDS to ensue. ARDS is where the lungs capillaries become overly porous allowing blood proteins to spill into the alveoli. Blood proteins are large cells and through osmosis then extract more fluid and materials from the blood in to the lungs. This is ARDS (in a nutshell) and it can be managed up to a point. It is very complex.

A florid case of covid19 impacts many parts of the body. You’re correct we do require oxygen and we also require the removal of metabolites or we poison ourselves. This goes to every cell in the body. If a single section of your bowel twists it can cut off blood supply. No blood no nada. It will go necrotic and die and requires surgical correction. Covid19 can do something similar anywhere in the body. Kidneys, liver, bowels, even your fingertips.

Why not just talk with your doctor and accept their advice on how to proceed? You do not want to get covid19 and you do not want anyone else to get it either.

• Like 3

Thanks @Bosco-d-gama yet those reptiles, bats and lizards (like the Chinese Water Dragon) we got rid of when my filter failed don't get sick like the warm ones do.

I'm fortunate to have a highly inquisitive general MD for the last four years or so, my long time gastro is retiring this year and I'll get a new one whether or not I move two hundred miles away soon. That regular doc implements some good, above what's regulated protocols in his practice. He's marveled at the "death sentences" I've had hung on me that haven't put me under yet. Said it was like when he worked at the VA. I told him I thought attitude as well as precaution and attention to an issue played a part in it. As of Dec. the last time I was there his staff and partner had zero cases amongst themselves.

Of course I've talked to him about it since last spring, even though this place is the only "social" www for me, I just did not bring that up until now. There's a lot that crosses my mind that I don't post after getting thumped twice now by our mods!

Can't imagine anyone not having had that discussion with someone in the medical field within the last year.  

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Thanks @Bosco-d-gama yet those reptiles, bats and lizards (like the Chinese Water Dragon) we got rid of when my filter failed don't get sick like the warm ones do.

I'm fortunate to have a highly inquisitive general MD for the last four years or so, my long time gastro is retiring this year and I'll get a new one whether or not I move two hundred miles away soon. That regular doc implements some good, above what's regulated protocols in his practice. He's marveled at the "death sentences" I've had hung on me that haven't put me under yet. Said it was like when he worked at the VA. I told him I thought attitude as well as precaution and attention to an issue played a part in it. As of Dec. the last time I was there his staff and partner had zero cases amongst themselves.

Of course I've talked to him about it since last spring, even though this place is the only "social" www for me, I just did not bring that up until now. There's a lot that crosses my mind that I don't post after getting thumped twice now by our mods!

Can't imagine anyone not having had that discussion with someone in the medical field within the last year.  

Mmmmmmmm........    bats are mammals. They’re the only truly flying mammalian in existence. Flying squirrels do not have powered flight, they glide.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, richieb said:

Don’t forget what the news tells us - It’s Super Bowl Spreader Weekend 

And you think it isn't? I know I won't be at any parties.

I believe they said it COULD BE, i.e., this from the Kentucky Public Health Commissioner:

"When people get together in private residences in close proximity, that is one of the single most effective ways to spread this disease," Kentucky Public Health Commissioner Dr. Steven Stack said. "We can't afford to have the disease spread now, with these mutations and these variant."

• Like 1

A way to protect ourselves from the virus was developed by Hugo Gernsback almost a hundred years ago!  I’m going to build one and take a stroll through my local Walmart with it on.   This seems far more effective than any face mask!

https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-Electrical-Experimenter/SI-1925-07.pdf

Maynard

(apologies Travis, but I believe levity boosts the immune system!  Delete the post if you disagree).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Here’s some interesting covid19 trivia...........🤓

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-maths-idUSKBN2AA1B6

I’m sure there are hundreds of substances that if filled a Coke can would wipe out the entire human race if unleashed improperly.

What is the saying - “open a can of whoopass on you” - 

Just now, CECAA850 said:

I'm glad that you didn't tell us then.

I hope you know I try to be honorable with all Forum posts and in the real world as well. What we say here has no effect on the facts...which will be demonstrated regardless of what we think. 

• Confused 1

On 2/7/2021 at 12:44 AM, BigStewMan said:

Just found out that a friend of mine from the church I attended in Huntington Beach, CA died from COVID.  He was only 56. 

This virus really sucks. 

Sorry for the loss of your Friend --luckily  You and Your Brother will  be vaccinated soon enough -

• Like 1

Covid-19 Live Updates: Double Masks Offer Better Protection, CDC Finds

Wearing a double mask or fitting a single mask more closely on the face substantially reduces the risk of getting Covid-19, according to a new study.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/covid-2021-02-10

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-10/cdc-study-finds-double-masking-could-slow-spread-of-covid-19

https://www.amny.com/news/two-masks-snug-fit-reduces-covid-19-spread-u-s-study-shows/

Over 30 percent of Americans say they won't get COVID-19 vaccine: poll

Nearly 1 in 3 people in the United States said that they definitely or probably will not get the COVID-19 vaccine, according to a new survey.

The poll, released Wednesday by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, found that 15 percent of survey respondents said they will “definitely” not get a coronavirus vaccine. Seventeen percent said that they will “probably not” get the inoculation.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/538198-over-30-percent-of-americans-say-they-wont-get-covid-19-vaccine-poll

Get ready for Covid-19 vaccine booster shots at your next physical, experts warn

The coronavirus has mutated thousands of times since it was first found in humans, but so far the vaccines have been effective against the mutations.

Mount Sinai study finds Apple Watch can predict COVID-19 diagnosis up to a week before testing

A new study from Mount Sinai researchers published in the peer-reviewed “Journal of Medical Internet Research” found that wearable hardware, and specifically the Apple Watch, can effectively predict a positive COVID-19 diagnosis up to a week before current PCR-based nasal swab tests.

https://techcrunch.com/2021/02/09/mount-sinai-study-finds-apple-watch-can-predict-covid-19-diagnosis-up-to-a-week-before-testing/

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Mount Sinai study finds Apple Watch can predict COVID-19 diagnosis up to a week before testing

A new study from Mount Sinai researchers published in the peer-reviewed “Journal of Medical Internet Research” found that wearable hardware, and specifically the Apple Watch, can effectively predict a positive COVID-19 diagnosis up to a week before current PCR-based nasal swab tests.

https://techcrunch.com/2021/02/09/mount-sinai-study-finds-apple-watch-can-predict-covid-19-diagnosis-up-to-a-week-before-testing/

This work needs to be expanded. The research was conducted on a study group consisting of healthcare workers at Mount Sinai and the results reported seem to be conclusive enough. But the study group did not include enough of those most vulnerable to covid19, the elderly. It is nice to know we can have ways to early diagnose covid19 but ideally it will be efficacious across all age groups. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Sorry for the loss of your Friend --luckily  You and Your Brother will  be vaccinated soon enough -

well they just postponed his vaccine for one week because there is supposed to be some nasty weather ... snow and/or ice storm. I'd rather drive in snow than ice. 

But, at least his vaccine is on the horizon and he's only two years older than I am, so my number should be called relatively soon.

• Like 2