Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

I haven't posted this link in a while and they say the actual Covid numbers are skewed because of disruptions due to the winter storm but as Hospital Covid cases decline under the Code Red guidelines, ALL hospitalization numbers are at 78% capacity while the ICU Beds are at 96% with only 4 Beds available and 119 Ventilators in use which is high. Denton County GIS - COVID-19 Information - COVID-19Cases (arcgis.com)  Does anyone else follow dashboards in your communities? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

they say the actual Covid numbers are skewed because of disruptions due to the winter storm

It does seem in my area that cases are down. I know of fewer people getting it. At one point I personally knew maybe 2 dozen people with it. Right now I only know 1 person with it. A small sample I know, but it seems to parallel reports on TV.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

I haven't posted this link in a while and they say the actual Covid numbers are skewed because of disruptions due to the winter storm but as Hospital Covid cases decline under the Code Red guidelines, ALL hospitalization numbers are at 78% capacity while the ICU Beds are at 96% with only 4 Beds available and 119 Ventilators in use which is high. Denton County GIS - COVID-19 Information - COVID-19Cases (arcgis.com)  Does anyone else follow dashboards in your communities? 

No I do not follow for my area.  Question:  are those figures representative of ONLY Covid cases?  When they say 96% of ICU beds, does this reflect non-covid patients too?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

...  Question:  are those figures representative of ONLY Covid cases?  When they say 96% of ICU beds, does this reflect non-covid patients too?

No. If you look closely at the graphs they have coloration that denotes covid patients...The reason our county is downgrading from the "Red Zone" is because covid patients are down (still high comparatively speaking) but I noticed that total hospital capacity is as high as I've ever seen it. They haven't been able to do elective surgeries in our county and just removed that restrictions. Yesterday, I decided it was time to get on the list for my *elective* surgery thinking I may be towards the end but was informed by the assistant that the instructions from the Hospital were for the Surgeon was to schedule the more healthy individuals as of now because they don't want ICU beds being taken from these surgeries if they can help it.

• Like 2

We have 23 of our residential houses under quarantine, and five of our clients who are presently testing positive. Our numbers have dropped significantly over the past month, but we've been really strict on our policies to protect those for whom we are responsible.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Mask mandate for the entire state of TX is supposed to be lifted next week.

I've seen many people that I think should wear a mask all the time. oops, please don't cancel me. I meant that everyone is beautiful.

12 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

That really seems premature to me...

We'll see what the numbers show.  I know that small businesses are breathing a sigh of relief as are the thousands of people who's jobs have been eliminated or hours cut back.  People are still free to stay locked in their basements if they want to.  No one says that you aren't allowed to wear one if you want to also.

People can decide on the risks and make decisions based on their judgment.    It is being reported that 100s of illegal migrants that have tested positive for COVID-19 are being released into the USA because this administration has changed the border immigration rules regarding catch and release.  Border Security cannot even track these people for contact tracing after their release.  What will be the impact of these COVID-19 positive people being released into Texas and all areas along the southern border? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vahorns said:

People can decide on the risks and make decisions based on their judgment.    It is being reported that 100s of illegal migrants that have tested positive for COVID-19 are being released into the USA because this administration has changed the border immigration rules regarding catch and release.  Border Security cannot even track these people for contact tracing after their release.  What will be the impact of these COVID-19 positive people being released into Texas and all areas along the southern border? 

[Deleted, not even remotely related to Covid-19]

57 minutes ago, Vahorns said:

Who is reporting this?

JJK

10 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Who is reporting this?

JJK

I'm sure the thread will get locked if the border gets discussed but the info you're looking for is out there. I was just reading an article on this very subject.

I think everyone has all the info they need on wearing masks or not wearing masks.  Citizens in TX and MS are now FREE to make their own choice in the matter.  Business can still employ whatever safety measures they deem necessary for their employees and customers.  People are acting like these 2 states are mandating that people not wear masks.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm sure the thread will get locked if the border gets discussed but the info you're looking for is out there. I was just reading an article on this very subject.

That's a pretty safe bet, and nothing even remotely related to Covid-19 will be allowed to be posted again.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I think everyone has all the info they need on wearing masks or not wearing masks.  Citizens in TX and MS are now FREE to make their own choice in the matter.  Business can still employ whatever safety measures they deem necessary for their employees and customers.  People are acting like these 2 states are mandating that people not wear masks.

I have my doubts about masks, but we will see. I think it's relevant because we know the exact times things radically spiked after Memorial Day last year. It will provide more data, hopefully, one way or the other, of masks. 

The preliminary indexed and baselined additional related deaths data should be coming out soon according to my friend at the National Tropical Disease Center in Houston. I'm extremely interested in those numbers, which can take up to two years to finalize with a high enough CI. 

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I know that small businesses are breathing a sigh of relief as are the thousands of people who's jobs have been eliminated or hours cut back.  People are still free to stay locked in their basements if they want to.  No one says that you aren't allowed to wear one if you want to also.

Actually, it's a mixed bag for small businesses but I get your point. I also wouldn't characterize folks by saying  "People are still free to stay locked in their basements if they want to." No one wants to be locked up or prevented from doing what they want but Covid Numbers are not where they need to be and in fact are pretty high in our area. Fwiw, my business is going to stick by the CDC guidelines the best we can because it's worked for us so far. Mandatory mask wearing and social distancing. Unfortunately it's a real drag because we are working under those guidelines and have a waiting list. 

• Like 1