Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

Wow...still a thing...I don't know anyone personally that cares....We have not changed anything here, party on....People...funny stuff....We also don't watch tv.....Music, ahh...yes, no nuts allowed..

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I guess we can still post Covid topics?

For those who were wondering, this is clarification on lifting the mask ban and rules on occupancy in TX.  It doesn't seem as reckless as some portray it to be.

On March 2nd, the Governor issued Executive Order 34 (HERE) allowing all businesses of any type to open to 100% capacity, effective March 10th

The Executive Order does not preclude a business from requiring employees or customers to follow additional hygiene measures, including the wearing of a face covering.

The Order provides that in all counties, except a county in an Area of High Hospitalizations,* businesses and facilities may operate at 100% capacity.  Individuals are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings over the nose and mouth wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another person not in the same household; however, no person may be required by any jurisdiction to wear or to mandate the wearing of a face covering.

In a county located in an Area of High Hospitalizations, there are no state-imposed COVID-19 related operating limits for a business. There is no state-imposed requirement to wear a face covering. The county judge may use COVID-19 related mitigation strategies provided that:
1. A business may not be required to operate at less than 50% of total occupancy, with no limits for religious services, public and private schools and institutions of higher education, and child care services;
2. No jurisdiction may impose confinement in jail as a penalty for violating any order issued in response to COVID-19; and,
3. No jurisdiction may impose a penalty of any kind for failure to wear a face covering or failure to mandate that a customer or an employee wear a face covering. A legally authorized official may act to enforce trespassing laws and remove a violator at the request of a business or other property owner.

Every person and business is strongly encouraged to use good faith efforts and available resources to follow the Texas Department of State Health Services recommendations, www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus

It's reckless from a Public Health standpoint because it doesn't make anything mandatory.  Hospitalizations ARE at a high capacity in both the ER and general population in alot of counties. Mask wearing and social distancing  seem to work at places we need to go such as supermarkets. If half of the people now decide not to wear masks then it stands to reason Covid-19 and it's variants will spread and will affect the mask wearers as well if they are in close proximity to the virus. For example here is Denton Countty's dashboard from yesterday: Denton County GIS - COVID-19 Information - COVID-19Cases (arcgis.com) 70.8% of total hospital beds are occupied while 84.3% of ICU beds are as well...Those numbers have gone down slightly but the prediction is they will start going up again or stay in that dangerous range if restrictions are lifted. 

11 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

If half of the people now decide not to wear masks then it stands to reason Covid-19 and it's variants will spread and will affect the mask wearers as well if they are in close proximity to the virus.

Pure speculation on your part.  Let's see what happens in 2 weeks.

Nobody seems to really care what effects lock downs have on young people.  Depression and suicides are through the roof.  Kids have lost basically a year of school.  No one is weighing that against current policies.

10 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Sure. And when you get a family of your own be responsible, think civically, and stay healthy and happy!

Absolutely and now people know the benefits of wearing masks and social distancing and can act accordingly.

26 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Pure speculation on your part.  Let's see what happens in 2 weeks.

Sure. But I have been correct before listening to the CDC and other experts commenting on what was too come. That said, I hope the numbers go down in 2 weeks (or 3 weeks given the mandate won['t be lifted for another week). Fwiw, I think experts looking back at what could've gone better is that the ACTUAL "Lock down," started in March wasn't widely enforced/supported and was lifted within a month too early in most places. We'll see and I think we can agree that lessons learned should be initiated going forward because there will be more pandemics (and we are a year into this one).  

Nobody seems to really care what effects lock downs have on young people.  Depression and suicides are through the roof. 

I totally agree except we now are learning more and those effects aren't good. The lesson learned is that Coronavirus (Covid-19) is an enemy that can bring down global economies and wreak havoc on EVERY society and ours isn't immune. When you look at the Excess Mortality Rate for 2020 being higher than other years for every country I think it will be interesting to learn which countries handled THIS crisis better and learn from them.

Kids have lost basically a year of school.  No one is weighing that against current policies.

EVERYONE is weighing that against current policies and are about to throw money at it to get kids back in school. I hope you are correct that we are going in the right direction by canceling statewide restrictions, but if recent past is prologue, I feel it's a bad move. We'll see.

Absolutely and now people know the benefits of wearing masks and social distancing and can act accordingly.

Again, sure but what do we do with those that we are forced to be around that don't? I've seen public shaming work, but I've also seen some things get outta hand. 

4 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

EVERYONE is weighing that against current policies and are about to throw money at it to get kids back in school.

Schools can be opened safely and yet many districts are ignoring the facts and the science behind the facts.  That's about all I can safely say on the subject.

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Schools can be opened safely and yet many districts are ignoring the facts and the science behind the facts.

Definitely go to your school board if you are a concerned parent. I have several elementary school teachers that are going through nervous breakdowns with what is being required of them. There are no easy answers and dropping the mask mandate can't be easy for them to deal with when they have some parents that won't comply, among other things, that make Class Dynamics work. Unfortunately teachers have to deal with the lowest common denominator/threat along with everyone else they are assigned to teach and are responsible for. 

If people are having nervous breakdowns over a virus that they have such a minute percentage of having any serious effects and much less dying, then they had mental issues before. Schools in my area have been open for several weeks now and I’ve heard nothing of a increase in cases here. People are wearing masks more than ever and millions have received the vaccine but yet numbers have plateaued and maybe going back up. Remember when the “experts” said don’t wear a mask because they were ineffective, now those same “experts” say we will be wearing them till 2022! 

1 minute ago, Madman1 said:

If people are having nervous breakdowns over a virus that they have such a minute percentage of having any serious effects and much less dying, then they had mental issues before. Schools in my area have been open for several weeks now and I’ve heard nothing of a increase in cases here. People are wearing masks more than ever and millions have received the vaccine but yet numbers have plateaued and maybe going back up. Remember when the “experts” said don’t wear a mask because they were ineffective, now those same “experts” say we will be wearing them till 2022! 

Many private schools have been successfully opened in the same communities where public schools are still closed.  It can be done safely and they've proved it. 

26 minutes ago, Madman1 said:

If people are having nervous breakdowns over a virus that they have such a minute percentage of having any serious effects and much less dying, then they had mental issues before.

Possibly, but no one can deny that teachers have more to deal with now than prior to Covid-19. 

22 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Many private schools have been successfully opened in the same communities where public schools are still closed.  It can be done safely and they've proved it. 

Oh, most definitely! Otoh, private schools have more compliance to agreed upon rules and usually a more disciplined clientele--It's kinda like my business. Public Schools have to operate within stricter guidelines and polar opposite points of view on how things should be done. They also can't pick and choose who is in their class and as you mentioned there are some real troubled kids out there, along with conscientious parents who don't have the private school option. That's my take.  

Edited by Zen Traveler

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Schools can be opened safely and yet many districts are ignoring the facts and the science behind the facts. 

Please, enlighten us with these so called "facts", and also please explain the science, and who are the scientists.  Thank you.

4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Please, enlighten us with these so called "facts", and also please explain the science, and who are the scientists.  Thank you.

Not taking the bait Jimmy.  Try again.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

deleted by me since I realize that I don't have the full story so I can't make a definitive conclusion.  

You for sure don't have the full story. You can't see what I have deleted posted by the Jokers and Clowns, nor can you see how much I have deleted from each Joker and Clown. One tried to claim in the private Joker and Clown section (which has all of the moderators in it)  he tried to say he didn't understand why they were tagged as a Joker and/or Clown, and they were quickly reminded how many posts they had made with the name of a particular elected official in it. There was no response after that. 

The simple fact of the matter is, some were "in shock" because they either couldn't get the point, or, for whatever reason, don't think the rules apply to them. We tried every approach imaginable approach, still had a mess the first week of January. It's been going on for four years.

Elden laid it out in July, I could care less if they listen to me, but they had 6 months to listen to what he was trying to tell them. But Jokers and Clowns didn't think they had to listen to Elden because maybe they know him?

And the worst of it is what? They have to have their posts approved by a moderator. They are not banned, they can post, if it's not political, social policy or rude, it goes up.

Oh, well yes they have been labeled Jokers and Clowns for repeated and sustained posts of specific mentions of the attributes of one elected official, or shortcomings of another elected official (rank political, not even an attempt to hide it the last go around). So was there a better approach to my "stand in the corner" in front of the entire class approach ? I'm sure there was, given time. But, I don't have the time, and they ignored the chance to listen to Elden. 

This will be the last public post, anywhere, by anyone, about moderators, moderation, methods of moderation, etc. Those who are currently under moderation have been advised of that, those that are off of moderation have been reminded of that, so it's not fair to them for being unable to respond to this and the thread about it, so it will all go away eventually, and it will all soon become a distant memory. But anyone is free to discuss those issues by PM with any moderator, any time. 

Travis

• Moderators
6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You need a better source of facts:

https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/schools/texas-education-agency/

image.thumb.png.717a719c56393ca922321545dc126e49.png

10K new cases per week with students in public schools. Now before any yahoo from Florida says "but yeah, look at the big dip in cases last two weeks." They were not in school for a solid week plus during the freeze. "Well what's the dip in December?" I know it may have been awhile for some of us, they call that Winter Break now, schools are closed for two weeks plus. By the way, my friend at the American Tropical Disease Center in Houston says that those charts fit the R Naught of the virus "to a T." 

I hope we don't have spikes with the new Order, but I'm afraid we are going to see exactly what we saw last year. 

Travis