Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

4 hours ago, billybob said:

Anyone see that report on baby aspirin or rather maybe the coated one.

Seems that a trial or observation was noting it keeping off of ventilator. Should have posted when saw it a couple of days ago.

Low-dose aspirin may help avoid COVID's worst outcomes

A new study is adding to the growing body of evidence that low-dose aspirin helps lessen the harsher effects of contracting the coronavirus.

The study, conducted by George Washington University researchers and published in the journal Anesthesia and Analgesia, examined the records of 412 patients admitted to U.S. hospitals with COVID-19 from March to July of last year.

Of those, nearly 24% had taken aspirin seven days or less before of hospital admission or within 24 hours after admission. More than 40% of those patients had improved results in key areas compared to patients who did not take the cheap, widely available drug.

"Aspirin may have lung-protective effects and reduce the need for mechanical ventilation, ICU admission, and in-hospital mortality in hospitalized COVID-19 patients,'' the report concluded.

The researchers warned that a randomized controlled trial would be needed to establish a causal relationship, but a study conducted around the same time last year in Israel also found a link between taking so-called baby aspirin and better COVID-19 outcomes.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210315/low-dose-aspirin-may-help-shield-you-from-covid-19#1

• Like 1

Rutgers is requiring all students to take vaccine for on campus study in September.  Staff and all employees are exempt!  That is because the latter are protected by a union and have rights.  This is a dangerous precedent for an experimental medical treatment.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/25/us/rutgers-covid-vaccine-students/index.html

Maynard

11 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Low-dose aspirin may help avoid COVID's worst outcomes

A new study is adding to the growing body of evidence that low-dose aspirin helps lessen the harsher effects of contracting the coronavirus.

The study, conducted by George Washington University researchers and published in the journal Anesthesia and Analgesia, examined the records of 412 patients admitted to U.S. hospitals with COVID-19 from March to July of last year.

Of those, nearly 24% had taken aspirin seven days or less before of hospital admission or within 24 hours after admission. More than 40% of those patients had improved results in key areas compared to patients who did not take the cheap, widely available drug.

"Aspirin may have lung-protective effects and reduce the need for mechanical ventilation, ICU admission, and in-hospital mortality in hospitalized COVID-19 patients,'' the report concluded.

The researchers warned that a randomized controlled trial would be needed to establish a causal relationship, but a study conducted around the same time last year in Israel also found a link between taking so-called baby aspirin and better COVID-19 outcomes.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210315/low-dose-aspirin-may-help-shield-you-from-covid-19#1

Yes, thanks, this is the one I saw, along with Carl. Interesting, no?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, billybob said:

Very ---  my Love  ,  used to  work  in the Hospital ER  ,  I was  concerned for her health during the flu season  / she said , nah , no worries ,Boyfriend:biggrin:  I take aspirin - now that's a cool girl -

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Very ---  my Love  ,  used to  work  in the Hospital ER  ,  I was  concerned for her health during the flu season  / she said , nah , no worries ,Boyfriend:biggrin:  I take aspirin - now that's a cool girl 

3 hours ago, billybob said:

Would this include baby aspirin regimen for a 54 year old do you think (which I do daily) ?

We also do a double vitamin D dose daily, 2 in the morn, 2 with dinner, and a C in the morn

Got my 2nd Pfizer 2 weeks ago, arm was sore (despite rubbing it) and had a hot flash but feel great now.

Edited by SonofJames
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SonofJames said:

Got my 2nd Pfizer 2 weeks ago, arm was sore (despite rubbing it) and had a hot flash but feel great now.

I think the was the thing to do.

6 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

Staff and all employees are exempt!

That's crazy and a stupid policy if it's what you state. 

• Like 1

Most Mutated Covid-19 Variant Yet Found in Tanzania Travelers

The most mutated variant of the coronavirus yet was found in travelers from Tanzania, prompting scientists to call for greater monitoring in a country that has largely ignored the pandemic.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-26/most-mutated-covid-19-variant-yet-found-in-tanzania-travelers

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

Rutgers is requiring all students to take vaccine for on campus study in September.  Staff and all employees are exempt!  That is because the latter are protected by a union and have rights.  This is a dangerous precedent for an experimental medical treatment.

Maynard

An interesting take that is - “the latter are protected by a union and have rights”. So in turn if one doesn’t belong to a union they have no rights? This topic alone, if taken too far, could close down several threads. 

1 hour ago, SonofJames said:

Would this include baby aspirin regimen for a 54 year old do you think (which I do daily) ?

We also do a double vitamin D dose daily, 2 in the morn, 2 with dinner, and a C in the morn

Think that is the aspirin that people take under the advice of a doctor daily for heart health.

In any case, it is observations and talking about a trial for it versus Covid.

In any case, had my second Moderna shot 6 weeks ago now.

Syringe size and supply issues continue to waste COVID-19 vaccine doses in United States

It became clear in December 2020 that Pfizer's and Moderna's vaccine vials included more than the number of doses displayed on their labels. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) soon authorized shot-givers to pull out at least one extra dose if they could. But vaccination sites say they are still receiving equipment kits from the federal government's vaccine program, Operation Warp Speed, that don’t consistently contain the right syringes for that task. Some have bought better syringes themselves; those who can't afford to upgrade say they see doses go to waste every day.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/03/syringe-size-and-supply-issues-continue-waste-covid-19-vaccine-doses-united-states

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

---I am sure the Union will request  vaccinations  since  not to being  vaccinated around College kids would be very risky ,  and Union members could sue if someone gets infected and the Union comes out against a vaccination...

We'll see if Covid hospitalizations increase because of lax mask restrictions along with Spring Break but at some point those that don't want the vaccine will get Covid-19...they'll spread it amongst each other getting the less healthy and unlucky really sick or dying. It will be the same each year and in that way it's like the flu but more transmissible. 

9 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

Maynard

You link does not say anything about being "exempt", nor does it say anything about unions?  Where are you getting this information?  The following is directly from the Rutgers message:

This health policy update means that, with limited exceptions, all students planning to attend in the Fall 2021 semester must be fully vaccinated. In parallel, we continue to strongly urge all Rutgers faculty and staff to get immunized against COVID-19 at the earliest opportunity.

28 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

at some point those that don't want the vaccine will get Covid-19...they'll spread it amongst each other getting the less healthy and unlucky really sick or dying. It will be the same each year and in that way it's like the flu but more transmissible. 

What's your basis for this wild assumption?  I think I've had one flu shot in my life and never get the flu.  I'd wager that there are less people that got the flu shot than do in any given year.