Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

To clarify, I posted several links the consensus is 70% for Herd Immunity.  I used the lower benchmark of 50% to at least get our hospitals out of the danger zone. Imo, sometime within the next year I feel quite a few of the people on the fence will come around to getting the vaccine. 

50%, 70%, 90%, they're just made up guestimates that change on regular basis.

This was from Dec of 2020.  The principal of herd immunity hasn't changed but the numbers do.

https://news.yahoo.com/fauci-raises-covid-herd-immunity-214220743.html

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

50%, 70%, 90%, they're just made up guestimates that change on regular basis.

This was from Dec of 2020.  The principal of herd immunity hasn't changed but the numbers do.

https://news.yahoo.com/fauci-raises-covid-herd-immunity-214220743.html

Okay. Can we agree that the more people vaccinated the closer to Herd Immunity we will get and if the vaccination works we will have fewer cases of Covid-19? 

50 minutes ago, Max2 said:

They're all just throwing spaghetti against the wall with the numbers.

Maybe so but my 70% comes from the Mayo clinic and the more people the better to curb spread of Covid-19? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Okay. Can we agree that the more people vaccinated the closer to Herd Immunity we will get and if the vaccination works we will have fewer cases of Covid-19? 

Has it been proven that vaccinations stop transmission?

Yes IF it works and doesn't kill too many people in the process or down the road and vaccinations stop transmission we may have fewer cases.

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Has it been proven that vaccinations stop transmission?

Yes. I posted a link earlier stating that vaccinated people wouldn't contract the virus so that means they can't spread it.

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes IF it works and doesn't kill too many people in the process or down the road and vaccinations stop transmission we may have fewer cases.

Well, how far down the road until you consider taking the vaccine for yourself, if you don't mind me asking? What percentage of folks taking the vaccine and not dying because of it do you think a relative number? 

The only thing that comes to mind seeing the words "Mayo clinic" is this.  Give me ham on 5, hold the Mayo.  One should be careful stating conjecture as fact, hearsay as knowledge. etc...etc.... 

The reason I am asking when you are considering getting the vaccine is because you said this on 3/17/2020

On 3/17/2020 at 9:57 AM, CECAA850 said:

Unfortunately the whole country is eat up with that or the equivalent.  It seems that no one is immune.  I wish they'd work up a vaccine for it.

and you also said this on April 29, 2020 on a locked thread:

"From what I understand, everyone is susceptible if exposed until you have either immunity from previously getting it or a vaccine is developed to keep you from getting it."

I don’t understand why individuals who are rejecting the “vaccine” are being vilified.  Corruption and data falsification in the pharmaceutical industry is no secret (there is still lots on this to be found online), and the FDA is not totally innocent either.  The concerns of so called anti vaxxers are well taken and I don’t personally know any who apply their belief to anyone other than themselves or their families.  A friend, who won’t take the current “vaccine”, sent this link which highlights some of what I said:

https://www.searcylaw.com/do-you-know/the-food-and-drug-administration-fda-approves-drugs-largely-based-on-information-provided-by-drug-companies/

Personally, I never trust data generated by a pharmaceutical company, especially since the Vioxx scandal.  Add the total liability shield under which Moderna, Pfizer, et al are operating and being skeptical is justified.

Maynard

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

The reason I am asking when you are considering getting the vaccine is because you said this on 3/17/2020

Unfortunately the whole country is eat up with that or the equivalent.  It seems that no one is immune.  I wish they'd work up a vaccine for it.

Going from recollection as I don't spend hours pouring over old threads to make irrelevant points.  I believe the vaccine I was hoping for was to cure stupidity or maybe it was TDS, I honestly don't recall.  It seems like they haven't found a cure for either.

Ultrasound has potential to damage coronaviruses, study finds

Simulations show ultrasound waves at medical imaging frequencies can cause the virus’ shell and spikes to collapse and rupture.

A new study by researchers in MIT’s Department of Mechanical Engineering suggests that coronaviruses may be vulnerable to ultrasound vibrations, within the frequencies used in medical diagnostic imaging.

Through computer simulations, the team has modeled the virus’ mechanical response to vibrations across a range of ultrasound frequencies. They found that vibrations between 25 and 100 megahertz triggered the virus’ shell and spikes to collapse and start to rupture within a fraction of a millisecond. This effect was seen in simulations of the virus in air and in water

https://news.mit.edu/2021/ultrasound-coronaviruses-damage-0316

41 minutes ago, Shiva said:

What's your point?

When i read about anything and everything coming from any source, Covid related, my feeling is always "we'll see."

Cool. I am a fan of researching the important things and we are VERY fortunate to live in the Information Age. I'm still not sure what Charlie's War" has to do with anything but alot has changed since the 1980s.

49 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Well, how far down the road until you consider taking the vaccine for yourself, if you don't mind me asking?

I do.

Cool. I appreciate you being part of the discussion.

42 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Going from recollection as I don't spend hours pouring over old threads to make irrelevant points.  I believe the vaccine I was hoping for was to cure stupidity or maybe it was TDS, I honestly don't recall.  It seems like they haven't found a cure for either.

Fwiw, you can tell by post count you spend WAY more time on this forum than I do and for the record the quotes above you were talking about Covid-19.{Edited} Again, thanks for playing  because I DO think this discussion is the most important one we've had in a long time on the Klipsch Forum. I'll just point out in the beginning you and other were hoping for a vaccine and achieving Herd Immunity and now that we are here I definitely want to promote what WE thought was important. 

Twins SS Andrelton Simmons, who declined vaccine, out after positive COVID-19 test

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Twins shortstop Andrelton Simmons has tested positive for the coronavirus and was placed on the COVID-19 injured list Wednesday before the team's doubleheader against the Boston Red Sox.

Simmons has said he doesn't plan to get the COVID-19 vaccine, which was made available in a single-shot dosage to the team at Target Field last Thursday.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31257046/twins-ss-andrelton-simmons-declined-vaccine-positive-covid-19-test

In world first, Denmark ditches AstraZeneca's COVID-19 shot

COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Denmark on Wednesday became the first country to stop using AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine altogether over a potential link to a rare but serious form of blood clot.

The decision will push back the scheduled conclusion of Denmark’s vaccination scheme to early August from July 25, health authorities said.

But that new timeline assumes it will start using the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, whose rollout in Europe has been delayed over similar clotting concerns and the use of which Denmark has suspended. That shot comprises around a third of the country’s total contracted supply.

Results of investigations into the AstraZeneca-associated blood clots “showed real and serious side-effects,” Danish health agency head Soren Brostrom told a news briefing.

“We have therefore chosen to continue the vaccination programme for all target groups without this vaccine.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-denmark-vaccine/in-world-first-denmark-ditches-astrazenecas-covid-19-shot-idUSKBN2C118T