Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

As Covid Death Toll Passes 3 Million, a Weary World Takes Stock

“It just never crossed your mind that there would be so many dead in so little time,” said one man in Mexico City.

The world has surpassed three million COVID-19 deaths, according to a Johns Hopkins University tracker, a shocking toll that comes amid new warning signs even as vaccinations

progress. 

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/548751-world-passes-3-million-coronavirus-deaths

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/17/world/covid-deaths-3-million.html

11 hours ago, richieb said:

11 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Regardless where it came from thanks to American ingenuity we have vaccines to counter the effects. My wife and I get our second shot today. 

Why downplay what seems fact? This extends past our current P C environment— 

[Edited. because it has nothing to do with this thread, and, so far, no one has been able to manage to discuss China without turning political, or worse].

Dogs can sniff out positive coronavirus samples with 96% accuracy - study

Specially trained medical detection dogs may be able to recognize positive coronavirus samples with up to 96% accuracy, a new proof-of-concept study claims.

The research, carried out by professionals from the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine's Working Dog Center, found that dogs can be trained to identify saliva and urine samples of patients who tested positive for COVID-19.
"A unique odor associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection present in human urine as well as saliva, provides impetus for the development of odor-based screening – either by electronic, chemical, or biological sensing methods," researchers stated in the study.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Then why doesn't it work on all the different strains? 

Some do seem to be working/effective against the various strains. Just like the flu vaccines.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Some do seem to be working/effective against the various strains. Just like the flu vaccines.

There's an African and British strain i believe.  Supposedly they work somewhat on one but hardly at all on the other. I don't recall which one is which though

Just now, CECAA850 said:

There's an African and British strain i believe.  Supposedly they work somewhat on one but hardly at all on the other. I don't recall which one is which though

African but, not enough data yet.

No one seems to be thinking about the impact on the environment of disposing of billions of masks every month.  This will be another pollution nightmare.  The states which have dropped the mask mandates have made a good choice in my opinion.  And if the “vaccines” are so effective, why are recipients still encouraged to wear them when indoors with other recipients?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/03/210310122431.htm

Maynard

54 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

No one seems to be thinking about the impact on the environment of disposing of billions of masks every month.

Anybody who is environmentally conscientious will dispose of their mask properly and those that don't are already polluters.

54 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

And if the “vaccines” are so effective, why are recipients still encouraged to wear them when indoors with other recipients?

My guess is until there is a Covid Passport or we get a majority of the population vaccinated it's better to have everyone wearing masks so businesses don't need to card everyone. So far we only have about 20% of our patriots  that are vaccinated.    

8 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Then why doesn't it work on all the different strains? 

I don't know that it does or doesn't.  However, I would suspect that different strains may gain access to our cells in different ways. 

Do you only have one size socket when you're working on your car?  Give them time ... I think there are different things being argued .... effectiveness and safety.  My comment was directed at the "is it safe" argument, and I think it is because the science and methods used to make these vaccines is not new ... the virus is new, not the science behind the creation of the vaccine. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Marvel said:

Exactly right, Steve. 

Great to be hearing from you... you bought any new guitars lately? I was having a hard look at the Dusenberg lap steels with pitch bend levers on them  watching videos on YouTube. Pretty amazing.  @BigStewMan

Bruce

Happy Saturday Bruce.  I bought a Les Paul Classic about a month ago.  It wasn't on my radar; but ran across a good deal and decided to go for it.  So, my Duesenberg will have to wait until next time. I like either the rusty steel or the caribou -- actually like them both; but since I have the Les Paul now, I think the Caribou leap frogged the Rusty Steel. 

Here's my Les Paul.

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

Beautiful! They weigh too much for me, but they are really nice guitars.

let me try to slip this post past the moderators and feign it's applicability to this thread.

A person suffering from COVID could not play my Les Paul.  (1) I wouldn't let them; (2) even with either seven or nine weight relief holes drilled into the body, the finished product still weighs about 10.5 pounds and that is VERY heavy if you ask me. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 4/14/2021 at 9:18 AM, Sam S. said:

agree that the public health officials are doing the right thing, but.....aren't these sorts of data supposed to be uncovered in clinical trials?

No.

The clinical trial had 20,000. So you just are not going to get 1 in a million data until you have administered it to at least a couple of million.

The preservative that can cause a problem in the first 15 minutes is contained in nearly all vaccines, including the 3 Covid vaccines. Those short term possible side effects are set out in the data sheets you have to read and sign before getting the vaccine. 

• Like 1

My wife and I just got our second Pfizer shot at Southampton College today, and we were informed that a booster shot was in our future. We were also told to make copies of our immunization records as they will be needed in the future, (my guess is for plane travel, etc.)  Big Brother is watching. 

• Moderators
23 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Were the studies on humans or animals?  People have been given these vaccines for over a decade?

Yes, mRNA vaccines were first studied in animals 20 years ago, and then human trials for other viruses for at least years.

Here is an article on history from 2018.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243

8 hours ago, RT FAN said:

My wife and I just got our second Pfizer shot at Southampton College today, and we were informed that a booster shot was in our future. We were also told to make copies of our immunization records as they will be needed in the future, (my guess is for plane travel, etc.)  Big Brother is watching. 

Yes, you may make life easier by having card showing your shots in case of a possible booster in future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My guess is until there is a Covid Passport or we get a majority of the population vaccinated it's better to have everyone wearing masks so businesses don't need to card everyone. So far we only have about 20% of our patriots  that are vaccinated.    

Do you mean patrons?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

why are recipients still encouraged to wear them when indoors with other recipients?

From what I have heard, if everyone in a room has been fully vaccinated, then it is OK to not wear masks.  I believe this was a statement by a leading official from the NIH.

• Like 1