Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

I asked some friends, who will never consider taking the “vaccine”, why and one sent this:

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/health-law-and-business/covid-19-vaccine-recipients-face-injury-payment-black-hole

Since the “vaccine” does not prevent a person from contracting, and potentially infecting, others they do not believe they have any moral obligation to take the risk.  I always like to consider points of view which are not mainstream, so their perspectives are interesting to me.

Maynard

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

Since the “vaccine” does not prevent a person from contracting, and potentially infecting, others they do not believe they have any moral obligation to take the risk.  I always like to consider points of view which are not mainstream, so their perspectives are interesting to me.

Interesting, maybe. Scientifically justifiable, not really. Interim Estimates of Vaccine Effectiveness of BNT162b2 and mRNA-1273 COVID-19 Vaccines in Preventing SARS-CoV-2 Infection Among Health Care Personnel, First Responders, and Other Essential and Frontline Workers — Eight U.S. Locations, December 2020–March 2021 | MMWR (cdc.gov)

From the link: 

Prospective cohorts of health care personnel, first responders, and other essential and frontline workers over 13 weeks in eight U.S. locations confirmed that authorized mRNA COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech’s BNT162b2 and Moderna’s mRNA-1273) are highly effective in real-world conditions. Vaccine effectiveness of full immunization with two doses of mRNA vaccines was 90% (95% CI = 68%–97%) against RT-PCR–confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection. These findings are consistent with those from the mRNA vaccines’ Phase III trials (1,2) and recent observational studies of the mRNA vaccine effectiveness against severe COVID-19 (3). The findings complement and expand upon these preceding reports by demonstrating that the vaccines can also reduce the risk for infection regardless of COVID-19–associated illness symptom status (4,5). Reducing the risk for transmissible infection, which can occur among persons with asymptomatic infection or among persons several days before symptoms onset (6), is especially important among health care personnel, first responders, and other essential and frontline workers given their potential to transmit the virus through frequent close contact with patients and the public.

42 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

they do not believe they have any moral obligation to take the risk

Logically then they do bear a moral obligation to wear masks in public.  They might need reminding that the mask one wears is for the protection of others, not themselves, and vice versa.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tube fanatic said:

I asked some friends, who will never consider taking the “vaccine”, why and one sent this:

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/health-law-and-business/covid-19-vaccine-recipients-face-injury-payment-black-hole

When you consider the odds it appears you have more of a chance of winning the lottery AND getting struck by lightning. From the link:

About 20 people have filed Covid-19 vaccine-related petitions with the HHS’s Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP) between January 2020 and Feb. 16, 2021, according to a Freedom of Information Act document obtained by Bloomberg Law. Roughly 58 million vaccine doses were administered in the U.S. within that timeline, starting in mid-December.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

From what I have heard, if everyone in a room has been fully vaccinated, then it is OK to not wear masks.  I believe this was a statement by a leading official from the NIH.

In a restaurant for example you have no idea who has been vaccinated.  Even though you might have been you still need to wear one according to Faucci.  I believe that was his point.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Clearly that one went over your head.  Lol.

Oh, the virus? Don't know, doesn't matter for purposes of this thread. There a new study my friend Peter Hoetz has been discussing (have to get a copy) that has it about 50 miles from Wuhan. I will post it in a new thread when I get it. 

44 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Oh, the virus? Don't know, doesn't matter for purposes of this thread. There a new study my friend Peter Hoetz has been discussing (have to get a copy) that has it about 50 miles from Wuhan. I will post it in a new thread when I get it. 

Steve referred to one type vaccine being cooked up in a lab

I was merely asking where the other was concocted. 

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

would love to read it ,     WUHAN -----

Dr. Fauci predicts resumption of J&J COVID-19 vaccine use

Vials with a sticker reading, "COVID-19 / Coronavirus vaccine / Injection only" and a medical syringe are seen in front of a displayed Johnson & Johnson logo in this illustration taken October 31, 2020. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/Illustration

Dr. Anthony Fauci on Sunday predicted that U.S. health regulators will end the temporary pause on distributing Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine, adding he expects a decision could come as soon as Friday.

U.S. health regulators recommended last week that use of the J&J vaccine be paused after reports of six cases of rare brain blood clots in women, out of some 7 million people who have received the shot in the United States.

T

-INDIA -The world's biggest vaccine producer is running out of Covid-19 vaccines, as second wave accelerates

In India, the world's biggest vaccine producer, millions of people are waiting for Covid-19 vaccines amid a devastating second wave of infections.

India typically produces more than 60% of all vaccines sold globally, and is home to the Serum Institute of India (SII), the world's largest vaccine maker. Its vast manufacturing capability is why the country signed on as a major player in COVAX, the global vaccine-sharing initiative that provides discounted or free doses for lower-income countries. Under the initial agreement announced last year, SII would manufacture up to 200 million doses for up to 92 countries.
But the situation in India is markedly different from just a few months ago. Its second wave began in March, quickly surpassing the first, which had peaked last September at more than 97,000 coronavirus cases a day.

Why COVAX could become the most important acronym of 2021

It's called COVAX -- and it may be the best hope in vaccinating the world.

The relative obscurity of this vaccine program belies its critical role in the global battle against Covid-19. Indeed, COVAX may well be the most important acronym of 2021. As vaccine nationalism rears its ugly head, it's the best -- perhaps the only -- bet on getting billions of doses to lower- and middle-income countries.
COVAX is an entity run by a coalition that includes the Vaccine Alliance known as Gavi and the World Health Organization (WHO), and is funded by donations from governments, multilateral institutions and foundations. Its mission is to buy coronavirus vaccines in bulk and send them to poorer nations that can't compete with wealthy countries in securing contracts with the major drug companies.
It has secured almost 2.3 billion doses for distribution this year. Of that total 1.8 billion should be made available to 92 of the world's poorest countries -- the majority of which (1.3 billion) will be at no cost -

Don't freak out if you get these side effects from a Covid-19 vaccine. They can actually be a good sign

After he got his second dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, "I had shaking chills for a couple of hours," Hotez said.
"And we know why this happens -- because the vaccine is very potent in inducing an immune response. That's one of the reasons why we're getting such high levels of protection" against Covid-19.
Other side effects can include pain, redness or swelling at the injection site and possibly headache or nausea, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.

Expat Americans Fly Home for Covid-19 Vaccination Shots

LONDON—Frustrated by slow and uncertain vaccination drives around the world, some of the nine million Americans living abroad are coming home to get their Covid-19 shots.

For many, the risks of a long journey home are worth the reward of a vaccine that offers protection and peace of mind. But the trip also comes with the anguish and moral ambiguity of leaving behind friends, colleagues and even spouses who might not get access to a shot for months because they don’t hold a passport from the world’s wealthiest country.

“I’ve definitely seen people talk about vaccine tourism,” said Chloe Zeitounian, a 32-year-old American actor in London who visited the U.S. earlier this month. “That’s basically what I did.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/expat-americans-fly-home-for-covid-19-vaccination-shots-11618651800

39 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

COVAX is an entity run by a coalition that includes the Vaccine Alliance known as Gavi and the World Health Organization (WHO), and is funded by donations from governments, multilateral institutions and foundations. 

The WHO.  Now there's a trusted organization. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The WHO.  Now there's a trusted organization. 

--WHO works out of Switzerland , a Neutral Country that any Government can influence -----main funding  of the WHO ,  yep ,comes from the USA --Canada-EU  ----

I guess we have a Big Heart -

Prime Minister Trudeau stressed to Canadians on Friday that Canada is facing "an incredibly serious situation" in the third wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. He called out Toronto, in particular, which is seeing record-breaking COVID-19 cases and shrinking ICU capacity.

"There’s no doubt that Canada’s largest city is struggling under the weight of this third wave so we are going to do whatever it takes to help," the prime minister said.

Trudeau added that for Ontario, the federal government is "standing by" to deploy the Canadian Red Cross to help mobile vaccination teams

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/americas/trudeau-on-covid-19-third-wave/index.html

Covid: Canada sounds the alarm as cases overtake US

Vaccination rollout in Canada got off to a slow start but is now picking up

The rate of coronavirus infections in Canada's biggest province has reached an all-time high as hospitals warn they are close to being overwhelmed.

A panel of experts say infections in Ontario could increase by 600% by June if public health measures are weak and vaccination rates do not pick up.

Last week, for the first time since the pandemic began, Canada registered more cases per million than the US.

https://news.yahoo.com/covid-canada-sounds-alarm-cases-193926848.html

3 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

--WHO works out of Switzerland , a Neutral Country ....main funding  of the WHO ,  yep ,comes from the USA --Canada-EU  ----

No. We have a big interest. That's why it's important we remain a big influence and build coalitions with our allies inside the organization. 

5 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

--WHO works out of Switzerland , a Neutral Country that any Government can influence -----main funding  of the WHO ,  yep ,comes from the USA --Canada-EU  ----

So why do they have to clear everything by China before they publish it?  They gave misinformation out from the start.