Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

Everyone keeps talking Scientists know best. Follow Science, yah, yah.  Im behind that, but not blindly.  Science didnt stop Sweet & Low. Didnt stop Zantac, Baby Powder, Asbestos and a litany of other items that all seemed perfectly safe at the time.    I know a Brain surgeon and I always use to help him find his car keys during Med school, oh and he already had a masters degree in Chemical Engineering. Very smart guy. BTW, this wasn't one of the times when we were eating mushrooms either..... jk, No true story

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Max2 said:

Everyone keeps talking Scientists know best. Follow Science, yah, yah.  Im behind that, but not blindly.

Check out the links to scientists at the beginning of the thread--They seemed to know what they were talking about given where we are at today.

9 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

There is one of the problems.  Around here some tell patients that the vaccines seem to be safe so far and may confer some degree of extra protection, but long term consequences are unknown, while others say that it is perfectly safe/tested/and there are no worries

Otoh, we now know of the dangers of contracting Covid-19.  Americans are lucky that we have several vaccines whereas other parts of the world are still going through turmoil because they don't.

China Reveals Multiple Double Mutant COVID Cases in Country

China has confirmed multiple cases of the "double mutant" coronavirus variant first discovered in India, with three businessmen testing positive following a return from the country last month.

they tested positive upon arrival in Chongqing in southwestern China on April 21.

https://www.newsweek.com/china-reveals-multiple-double-mutant-covid-cases-country-1588893

15 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

When did you realize that Covid-19 wasn't like the common flu? 

Let me go back and reread the entire thread. Ill get back to you when I'm done. Dont go anywhere.  Why do you care?

• Confused 1

COVID Back to Origin: Wuhan , China-1st Covid 19 Superpreader -

The progenitor genome (proCoV2) is the mother of all SARS-CoV-2 coronaviruses that has infected and continues to infect people today.

In the absence of patient zero, Kumar and his research team now may have found the next best thing to aid the worldwide molecular epidemiology detective work. “We reconstructed the genome of the progenitor and its early pedigree by using a big dataset of coronavirus genomes obtained from infected individuals since December 2019,”

They found that the progenitor gave rise to a family of coronavirus strains, whose members included the strains found in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. “In essence, the events in December in Wuhan, China, represented the first superspreader event of a virus that had all the tools necessary to cause a worldwide pandemic right out of the box,”

https://scitechdaily.com/tracing-covid-back-to-origin-many-variant-strains-were-already-present-before-the-first-known-cases-identified-in-china/

India’s worsening Covid crisis could spiral into a problem for the world

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

When did you realize that Covid-19 wasn't going to be like the common flu? 

When I first heard the news report

and downplayed it to my SIL. 

Was hoping it was not as bad as was being reported. I have yet to directly say to her, she was correct for being highly concerned. I will when we speak freely soon as possible, although she already knows I took it seriously.

• Like 1

And sorry if I seemed flippant to Maynard about subliminal messaging.

Not necessarily in the vaccine context, yet it has been used in the past am fairly certain by nefarious parties.

25 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

cases are down in the USA ----LET'S KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED

Yes they are of course yet, there are some ongoing surges.

Anecdotal yet, sure you can find the literature if you are a mind to.

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

When did you realize that Covid-19 wasn't going to be like the common flu? 

Does anyone remember when Jeff Matthews posted videos of people dying in the streets, and others being welded shut into their homes?  At the time global spread was barely on the horizon in most minds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Does anyone remember when Jeff Matthews posted videos of people dying in the streets, and others being welded shut into their homes? 

Yes.  it seemed surreal.

Where's he been lately? 

Expert warns further coronavirus waves in India ‘inevitable’

https://www.foxnews.com/health/expert-warns-further-coronavirus-waves-india-inevitable

Doctor In India: Emergency Room Is So Crowded, 'It's Nearly Impossible To Walk'

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/05/06/994145513/indias-covid-19-crisis-continue-to-get-worse

• Sad 1

Nepal's cases skyrocket, prompting concern the country's outbreak could mimic India's

In Nepal, a situation is unfolding that looks chillingly familiar.

Covid-19 cases are skyrocketing, hospitals are overwhelmed, and the country's Prime Minister is pleading for help from other nations.
Nepal is now reporting about 20 daily Covid-19 cases per 100,000 people -- about the same number as India was reporting two weeks ago.

• Sad 1

USA sends Covid-19 aid worth $100 million to India

The US has also redirected its own order of AstraZeneca manufacturing supplies to India, which will allow it to make over 20 million doses of vaccine

The US has dispatched its first batch of Covid-19 relief materials to India, including oxygen cylinders and regulators, Rapid Diagnostic Test kits and N95 masks. The US said the US would be sending supplies worth more than $100 million to India and "meet the urgent health needs of the Indian people".

https://www.indiatoday.in/coronavirus-outbreak/story/us-covid-19-aid-100-million-to-india-first-flight-oxygen-cylinders-1796114-2021-04-29

• Like 1