Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

33 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Have no feelings one way or another on this guy but, really? That’s a novel idea - 

Dr  Fauci    weights in   ----  Video  ---Covid-19 vaccine boosters may be necessary. Here's what you need to know

Researchers and health officials suspect that the immunity against Covid-19 these vaccines elicit in the body might wane over long periods of time -- say, possibly, after a year or more -- and might not protect as well against coronavirus variants that could emerge and evolve.
Therefore, a vaccinated person might need a booster dose of vaccine to stay protected against the original coronavirus strain and newly emerging variants -- somewhat similar to how a tetanus booster is recommended every 10 years or different flu vaccines are recommended each year.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/22/health/covid-19-vaccine-boosters-explainer-wellness/index.html

Covid-19: What went wrong in Singapore and Taiwan?

They've been hailed as virus success stories - places that have seen virtually zero or single-digit Covid cases since the start of the year.

But this month, Singapore and Taiwan have both seen a sudden and aggressive rise in cases - with Singapore logging 248 new cases just last week, and Taiwan 1,200 local infections.

A tale of complacency: Taiwan-----Cracks in the wall: Singapore

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57153195

• Moderators
On 5/23/2021 at 6:37 AM, tube fanatic said:

As usual, there is no acknowledgement that the vaccines are at fault and that a causal link has been found.

Because one hasn't been found. It's explained in the article.

This is all actually a good sign that the system is working exactly as intended.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Because one hasn't been found. It's explained in the article.

This is all actually a good sign that the system is working exactly as intended.

I get concerned when adverse reactions are deemed “coincidental” as happens far too often in my opinion.

Maynard

There are doctors who do not believe in a “one size fits all” vaccine mandate:

https://aapsonline.org/open-letter-from-physicians-to-universities-reverse-covid-vaccine-mandates/

I also recommend reading Dr. Hooman Noorchashm’s letter to Rutgers University regarding their student-only vaccine mandate.  His link has lots of other stuff, so search it yourself.

Maynard

Sniffing dogs join coronavirus fight in various studies and trial programs

Researchers in Thailand have trained dogs to sniff out an odor people with COVID-19 produce, and dogs in another British study were praised for accuracy and speed.

Local Update West Virginia:  Just after the CDC came out with their announcement that if you've been vaccinated no mask is necessary the WV governor lifted the mask requirement.

Almost immediately masks came off.  The local Walmart has a sign that if you're vaccinated no mask is required.  I would say that in both Walmart and Sams club only about 40% are wearing masks, down from close to 100%.

I still get looks from mask wearers but I don't care, I'm in the majority in my community.

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:
12 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I'm in the majority in my community.

And that's what is important.  Conversely, if one is not, you can rig it to make it so.

It's legitimately confusing to me what I should and shouldn't do in mask wearing. 

For instance I was required to wear a mask in the local health club (owned by WVU Medicine, part of the local hospital) including while exercising.  Now I can ditch the mask while playing racquetball but I have to wear a mask entering and leaving the building, and while not actually on the courts.  All this despite the Governor telling us we don't have to mask up.  Club personnel were very strict about this in the last year, they seem less so now.

I just try to do what I'm told.  I'm not sure now if I am in or out of compliance from place-to-place.  There seems to be less stringent enforcement but that is anecdotal. 

Certain areas are less confusing.  Transportation for example.  The more everyone gets vaccinated the better and the faster we can return to normal.  Imagine in the past how completely devastating and confusing the plague must have been.  Imagine they were given a choice which allowed them to escape the black death.  No one would take the opposite bet that they wouldn't have jumped at the chance.  Is a significant part of humanity even more stupid than they were back then?  The answer my friend... (bob dylan's birthday).

• Like 1

You can still contract the virus even if you've been vaccinated and aren't wearing a mask.  You can still transmit the virus even if you've been vaccinated and aren't wearing a mask.  These are facts.

The new protocol of "No masks required if you've been fully vaccinated" is IMO, total BS.  It's obvious that this is already being taken advantage of and manipulated by those that are anti-mask and anti-vaccine.

• Like 2

It’s nice going to work with people who less than a month ago turned down the vaccine, now walking around without masks. The honor system only works with people who have honor. The DOD has already figured out that it’s a fail and are getting ready to bring down the hammer. 

• Like 1

My son in law lost his Dad to Covid last week. He turned 65 in March and was very healthy with no health issues otherwise. Jerry choose to not take the vaccine and now sadly there is a deep void left behind and we have to wonder what if he had made a different choice.  

Jerry you will be very missed...!!! 😕

miketn

• Like 1
  • Sad 2