Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

• Moderators
5 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

That has been the unfortunate side of the “science” all along- anyone who disagreed with the mainstream view has been “debunked and discredited.”  Such an attitude has cost lives during this crisis.  The questions raised in the letter from those doctors are quite valid.

Maynard

He says in his letter, and other writings, that everyone who hasn't had Covid-19 should get the vaccine, especially the mRNA vaccines. He says they are safe and effective. What he advocates is that everyone should be prescreened for antibodies and that if they are present to wait 6 months. He is worried that getting the vaccine when you already have the antibodies present might impact a thin lining in blood vessels.  He readily admits he has no science to back this up, that it is a "prognostication" is the term he uses. He warned in the letter he hopes it doesn't lead people with their own agendas to argue that people shouldn't get the vaccine. He is clear that everyone who hasn't had Covid-19 should get the vaccine.

So if you feel his "hunch" might be right (remember, he has no science behind it, and it has been 5 months since he developed this theory) go get tested for the antibodies,  and if you don't have them, get the Moderna or the Phizer as he suggests. If you do have the antibodies, ask your doctor what his/her thoughts are on the matter. They will tell you the overwhelming science on the matter says it is beneficial to get vaccinated if you have had Covid and that screening for antibodies isn't necessary. 

2 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

As to the excellent article you linked about how vaccines work, it supports the concern voiced by some that incomplete eradication of the spike proteins by the immune system could cause all kinds of problems down the road and may explain the “long haulers.”

Sounds like a fair argument to be vaxxed...

53 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:
9 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

He says in his letter, and other writings, that everyone who hasn't had Covid-19 should get the vaccine, especially the mRNA vaccines. He says they are safe and effective.

Hi Travis. Where did you see that in the letter? Are we talking about the same letter?

3 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

As to the excellent article you linked about how vaccines work, it supports the concern voiced by some that incomplete eradication of the spike proteins by the immune system could cause all kinds of problems down the road and may explain the “long haulers.”

That doesn’t make any sense to me, especially the latter. “Long Haulers” are primarily those dealing with the aftermath of infection, not the relatively small percentage of those dealing with adverse side effects from one of the vaccines. 

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2021/05/04/spike-protein-behavior

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 5/28/2021 at 9:22 AM, tube fanatic said:

The physicians’ regulatory agency in Ontario won’t allow doctors to tell their patients anything which contradicts the mainstream view.  In my opinion this is a total disgrace.  And the governments wonder why there is so much mistrust......

https://www.cpso.on.ca/News/Key-Updates/Key-Updates/COVID-misinformation

Maynard

Sounds levelheaded to me, they are shutting down quackery on ethics grounds, which simply means you have to have some research to back up your claims. 

What's criminal are hucksters telling people they don't need the vaccine and selling them something they have concocted. 

• Sad 1

• Moderators
On 5/24/2021 at 12:39 PM, tube fanatic said:

also recommend reading Dr. Hooman Noorchashm’s letter to Rutgers University regarding their student-only vaccine mandate.  His link has lots of other stuff, so search it yourself.

@Deang this letter

https://noorchashm.medium.com/a-letter-of-urgent-warning-to-the-university-of-notre-dame-president-rev-831f29535973

Where he says:

I state the above with full recognition that the COVID-19 vaccine is highly effective at preventing SARS-CoV-2 infection and, thus, benefiting the vast majority of persons who are uninfected. So, as a physician I am committed to the idea that we must deploy this vaccine quickly, efficiently, rationally and safely in ALL un-immune persons."

He has done another letter where  he had to walk back a great deal of what he said on a cable news program. This is a part of his "walk back" letter:

"So, I felt it important, at this juncture, to clarify my stance for the public record — in order to eliminate the charge of “both-siderism”. Because I know my position to be centered in sound scientific prognostication and ethical clinical behavior.

I do sincerely hope that America can come to consensus and see the validity of the framework I present here for thinking about the COVID-19 vaccine.

We must use our defensive weapons, minds and hearts to save America and the world from this pandemic peril.

Here are the elements of my argument, for the record — I promise that I shall not deviate from them in my public discourse:

1. The COVID-19 vaccines are some of the most powerful and effective ones we’ve ever created. The fact that America did so in under a year is a testament to our nation’s scientific ingenuity and technical prowess. The achievement of this vaccine by Operation Warp Speed was nothing short of a modern day scientific miracle.
  2. The COVID-19 vaccine, if administered efficiently to enough persons without immunity against SARS-CoV-2, will save lives, will induce herd immunity and will limit the evolution of new mutants by preventing natural infections.
  3. No persons should ever be forced to take any medical treatment, including vaccines. And no person’s civil liberties, employment or educational opportunities should be curtailed, because of their choice to refuse vaccination.
  4. Indiscriminate vaccination of persons with natural immunity or those with recent infections is unnecessary or potentially dangerous, respectively. We should not be doing it — and we should demand that FDA and CDC shift their recommendations to restrain vaccination of the recently infected or naturally immune. We should liberally use #ScreenB4Vaccine for safety."

He has no science behind No. 4 (yet). He made he "promise" not to deviate from the above because in the past he was all over the place, he was misquoted, he was adopted by anti-this and that groups as "see what he Dr. Norchasihm says". He has incorporated "prognostication" into his mantra because he has done zero research or work in this area, nor has he submitted any articles (that I could find) for peer review. He doesn't like the idea of mass, blanket vaccination. He doesn't, nor has he ever claimed there are in fact problems with people who recently have been infected getting vaccinated, he feels that should be studied more based on his prognostication. 

If you go to the Screenb4vaccine stuff it has the timeframes on what he suggests how long you wait before getting the vaccine based on antibody tests.

His crusade in medical ethics (which is different than having an informed scientific or medical basis for doing, or not doing something) is from the tragic circumstances surrounding his wife getting uterine cancer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Deang said:

Hi Travis. Where did you see that in the letter? Are we talking about the same letter?

Dean:

Actually, it was an earlier letter of his that I was thinking about. Here is the quote, with a link at the bottom:

01/28/21

Cardiothoracic Surgeon Warns FDA, Pfizer on Immunological Danger of COVID Vaccines in Recently Convalescent and Asymptomatic Carriers

Dear Reader,

It  is my sincere hope that this public letter might stimulate FDA, Pfizer and Moderna leaders to think critically and quickly about the immunological danger the COVID-19 vaccine might pose to the recently convalescent or asymptomatic carriers of SARS-CoV-2 — most especially to those who are elderly, frail or have significant cardiovascular risk factors.

I want to be clear that my warning here is based on a near definitive scientific Immunological prognostication. It is a “prognostication” in that I have put it forth in the absence of clear “evidence” of it being a material risk.This is because we are dealing with an evolving 11-month old national health emergency with many unknowns, and a vaccine that is only several weeks old — and was approved for massive scale use on the Emergency basis. And, in a setting where it is critical to quickly vaccinate as many citizens as possible to achieve herd immunity against SARS-CoV-2.

I want to be very clear that I am an ardent supporter of President Biden’s plan to vaccinate 150 million Americans in 100 days. And that my letter is not to be abused by political, uninformed or conspiratorial forces attempting to dissuade the American public from being vaccinated. I do believe that it is the patriotic duty of every American who can reasonably and safely be vaccinated, to do so — in order that we save our nation from this pandemic peril that is threatening our very existence.

You have a patriotic duty to get vaccinated if you haven't had Covid-19. 

• Like 1

Today’s observation at 2 very busy stores:

Supermarket—-              98% wearing masks.  Those without getting “the look.”

Farm supply place—.     98% without masks.  Those with masks getting “the look.”

(for the pedantic folks participating in this thread, the quoted percentage is approximate)

Maynard

• Haha 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

Today’s observation at 2 very busy stores:

Supermarket—-              98% wearing masks.  Those without getting “the look.”

Farm supply place—.     98% without masks.  Those with masks getting “the look.”

(for the pedantic folks participating in this thread, the quoted percentage is approximate)

Maynard

Was at busy resturant, sign at front said "masks welcome." Didn't see many wearing them in, or out. LOWES was maybe 10% wearing them. Smaller places like convenience stores I thing it is reverse, 90% are wearing them.

The cases are way, way down, 50% (I think the number was today) have been fully vaccinated. 

Sifting through the info from various outlets, doctors, experts,........... is mind boggling. Double-speak from media and conflicting expert opinion. Who's most suspectable? Do masks work? If so, what type of masks work and how often does mast need to be changed to prevent bacterial growth in mask? Should my pregnant wife and 8 year old child receive vaccine? Should I loose weight and be in better health? Have covid cases been inflated due to testing process? Have covid deaths been inflated?  Does Vitamin D aid in building ummune system? Is the vaccine experimental or not?  On and on............. I don't know.

excerpt from article below:

"Regarding NIAID employees, Fauci responded: “You know I’m not 100% sure, Senator. But I think it’s probably a little bit more than half, probably around 60 percent”. Then Marks said that the number for FDA employees was “probably in the same range,” although he couldn’t “tell an exact number.” excert from article below:

Fact Check-Fauci, Marks did not say 40% to 50% of CDC and FDA employees are ‘refusing the COVID-19 vaccine’ | Reuters

1970's Swine Flu vaccine exposed by Mike Wallace - YouTube

Employers can't require Covid-19 vaccination under an EUA - STAT (statnews.com)

The Military Can’t Get Troops to Take the Covid Vaccine. Come Again? | The Nation

Past vaccine disasters show why rushing a Covid-19 vaccine now would be 'colossally stupid' - CNN

CORRECTED-Fact Check- COVID-19 vaccines are not experimental and they have not skipped trial stages  | Reuters

Vaccine Testing and Approval Process | CDC

4 Myths About What It Means For A Vaccine To Be 'FDA Approved' | HuffPost Life

• Like 1

• Moderators

Texas is in the 3rd year of 5 year pertussis cycle, and cases are climbing. The last peak year, 2017 saw about 4,000 cases the most since 1959. 

The vaccine for pertussis wears off and a booster is recommended every 10 years which you can get with your tetanus booster in the TDaP vaccination. 

From the Texas HHS site:

Vaccine protection for pertussis, tetanus and diphtheria fades with time. Before 2005, the only booster available contained protection against tetanus and diphtheria (called Td), and was recommended for teens and adults every 10 years. Today there are boosters for pre-teens, teens and adults that contain protection against tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (Tdap). Pre-teens going to the doctor for their regular check-up at age 11 or 12 years should get a dose of Tdap. Teens who did not get this vaccine at the 11- or 12-year-old check-up should get vaccinated at their next visit. Adults who did not get Tdap as a pre-teen or teen should get one dose of Tdap. Pregnant women who have not been previously vaccinated with Tdap should get one dose of Tdap postpartum before leaving the hospital or birthing center. Adults 65 years and older (grandparents, child care providers, and healthcare providers) who have close contact with infants should get a dose of Tdap, following the newest vaccine recommendations. Getting vaccinated with Tdap is especially important for families with caregivers of new infants

Women should get a Tdap vaccination during every pregnancy to protect their infant from whooping cough, even if they have had Tdap vaccine before.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, billybob said:

Don't know where but, contracted the whooping cough at age nine 

Think it wore off after a bit. From what recall, it must have felt similar to Covid when trying to breathe.

When I had it my ribs ached constantly from coughing.  I would cough till there was no air left in my lungs and I thought I was going to pass out.  They call it whooping cough due to the noise you make when you finally take a breath.  My oldest daughter and I both got it when we went on vacation.  Youngest daughter, wife and son did not.  We had all been vaccinated but I don't recall us ever having a booster as mentioned in @dwilawyer 's post.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

When I had it my ribs ached constantly from coughing.  I would cough till there was no air left in my lungs and I thought I was going to pass out.  They call it whooping cough due to the noise you make when you finally take a breath.  My oldest daughter and I both got it when we went on vacation.  Youngest daughter, wife and son did not.  We had all been vaccinated but I don't recall us ever having a booster as mentioned in @dwilawyer 's post.

I remember chasing my nephews while playing and of the whooping sounds. Out of breath and guess parent aware but too young to remember much else.

At the time, there was quite possibly no vaccine or other for it.

Was not even aware that it was still around until you posted about your family experience.

There is that bacterial meningitis also that is a big deal.

Lots to keep up with... thanks.