Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

Texas is in the 3rd year of 5 year pertussis cycle, and cases are climbing. The last peak year, 2017 saw about 4,000 cases the most since 1959. 

The vaccine for pertussis wears off and a booster is recommended every 10 years which you can get with your tetanus booster in the TDaP vaccination. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good info-Thanks

Mexico City says ivermectin reduced hospitalizations between 52 and 76% - Archyde

Above requires verification and a "deep dive" as numbers can be skewed. Is New England Med Journal biased? Any recent retractions? Is American Scientific owned by "Americans"?

Ivermectin: Controversial COVID-19 Drug Used in Mexico City (mexicobusiness.news)

More questions than answers.

• Like 1

Thanks- Been away for long time. My first stint was in mid 90"s upon aquiring first pair of Klipsch speakers, got hooked. Came back when I heard about new Jubilees and then only found out there were Cornwall IV's !  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Subway said:

Maybe prediction should be immediately followed by contingency plan? Maybe there was one.

I don’t know. I’m not an intellectual or erudite.

There was one.  You don't have to be an intellectual to know about it.  It was summarily dismissed.  There was a plan.  The plan predated the prediction.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
23 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I wish I knew about the 10 year booster prior to contracting whooping cough.  It's no joke.

That why I posted it when I saw that Texas was in the midst of an outbreak and their were record cases in 2017 going back 60 years.  Your experience didn't sound fun at all.

I asked my sister about it (she runs the ER at the Children's Hospital in Denver) she said we were vaccinated 55+ years ago,  but I needed to get a booster every 10 years and it typically comes with the tetanus booster and I should check with my doctor. I did check, and the "tetanus booster" they have given me has also had a diphtheria  booster (TD).  going back at least 30 years, and they gave me the TDaP (the P is for pertussis/whooping cough) starting in '05 and again in '15 so I'm good until '25. 

Of course, check with your own doctor on what is best for your situation.

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Everyone in the know knew sooner or later it would happen.  There was a plan for it.  Newsflash.  It will happen again.  Insider information?  or just intelligence?

Yes

53 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

There was one.  You don't have to be an intellectual to know about it.  It was summarily dismissed.  There was a plan.  The plan predated the prediction.

The US government updated its pandemic plan[42] and public guidelines[43] [44] in April 2017. In January 2017 it had updated its estimate of resource gaps[45] [46] and a list of issues for the US government to consider (called a playbook).[47] The plan and guidelines were public. The estimate of resources and list of issues were not public, though they were not classified and reporters have obtained them and made them public.[45][47]

The military's estimate of resource gaps in January 2017 noted "Deficiencies and vulnerabilities... lack of infrastructure, and PPE... and limited laboratory confirmatory testing... Medical systems may be overwhelmed by a dramatic increase in patient numbers. Staff availability may also be limited as medical personnel become infected."[46] In the final year of the administration of George W. Bush, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (a division of the Department of Health and Human Services) "estimated that an additional 70,000 machines [ventilators] would be required in a moderate influenza pandemic."[48]

The list of issues, or playbook, covered normal conditions as well as pandemic conditions. During normal conditions, there was no discussion of estimating and building up stockpiles for use in emergencies.[47] In the United States; the Strategic National Stockpile's stock of masks used against the 2009 flu pandemic was not replenished by the Obama administration or by the Trump administration.[2]

18 minutes ago, Subway said:

The US government updated its pandemic plan[42] and public guidelines[43] [44] in April 2017. In January 2017 it had updated its estimate of resource gaps[45] [46] and a list of issues for the US government to consider (called a playbook).[47] The plan and guidelines were public. The estimate of resources and list of issues were not public, though they were not classified and reporters have obtained them and made them public.[45][47]

The military's estimate of resource gaps in January 2017 noted "Deficiencies and vulnerabilities... lack of infrastructure, and PPE... and limited laboratory confirmatory testing... Medical systems may be overwhelmed by a dramatic increase in patient numbers. Staff availability may also be limited as medical personnel become infected."[46] In the final year of the administration of George W. Bush, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (a division of the Department of Health and Human Services) "estimated that an additional 70,000 machines [ventilators] would be required in a moderate influenza pandemic."[48]

The list of issues, or playbook, covered normal conditions as well as pandemic conditions. During normal conditions, there was no discussion of estimating and building up stockpiles for use in emergencies.[47] In the United States; the Strategic National Stockpile's stock of masks used against the 2009 flu pandemic was not replenished by the Obama administration or by the Trump administration.[2]

Interesting read for the whole article.

• Like 1