Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

It is humbling to watch the world marshal such a comprehensive response to this disease. Now we are all reminded of the fragility of life. Now we sense the same disease fears humanity faced prior to vaccinations. Hoping the very best to you all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got some clarification from work.....

Guess which one I am....

Scenario

Action

You have worked from home in the last 1-3 months

·         You are encouraged to work from home as soon as reasonably possible until further notice

·         If you can work from home, but still feel you need to come into the office, please discuss with your manager

You can work from home but have not tested the capability

·         Your department leaders will let you know when you should test your work from home capability (within four business days)

·         Once successful, you are encouraged to work from home until further notice

Your function requires you to be in the office

·         Our offices remain open and operational including all building services (e.g. cafeteria, mail services, etc.)

·         All safety precautions remain in place (visitor screening, deep cleaning, etc.)

·         Managers with associates or teams who need to be in the office will ensure onsite management is available

Associates who aren’t currently equipped to work from home

·         A taskforce is actively working to determine solutions/alternatives where possible

·         Communication is forthcoming

Field associates who already work remotely

·         Continue visiting customers in accordance with previously communicated travel guidelines specific to COVID-19

The panic buying around here is unbelievable.  All the area Wal Mart parking lots have been packed.  People are hoarding toilet paper of all things.  I watched a segment on panic buying this morning.  It seems to be fueled by people seeing other people buy something and thinking that if they need something than I must too.  Also people feel that they are doing something to prepare for the unknown.  It's mass hysteria and reminds me of hurricane preparation.  Don't get me wrong, everyone should prepare and be safe, I'm all for that but this is next level.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The panic buying around here is unbelievable.  All the area Wal Mart parking lots have been packed.  People are hoarding toilet paper of all things.  I watched a segment on panic buying this morning.  It seems to be fueled by people seeing other people buy something and thinking that if they need something than I must too.  Also people feel that they are doing something to prepare for the unknown.  It's mass hysteria and reminds me of hurricane preparation.  Don't get me wrong, everyone should prepare and be safe, I'm all for that but this is next level.

I decided to buy tons and tons of #4 coffee filters. They were easy to find, I won’t run short of coffee and I can wipe with them if need be.👌🤪

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The panic buying around here is unbelievable.

I guess people feel like they have to do something. It could be worse -- they could be panic-buying 9mm ammo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Edgar said:

I guess people feel like they have to do something. It could be worse -- they could be panic-buying 9mm ammo.

Most people that I know, already have plenty that's been stockpiled long before this.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

I decided to buy tons and tons of #4 coffee filters. They were easy to find, I won’t run short of coffee and I can wipe with them if need be.👌🤪

That reminds me of an old joke.  How many squares of toilet paper do you need to wipe your butt?  One. 

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=uYhrXvHaJdLatQWm2LvoDQ&q=one+square+of+toilet+paper+to+wipe+your+butt&oq=one+square+of+toilet+paper+to+wipe+your+butt&gs_l=psy-ab.3...1510.22415..22544...2.0..0.125.3146.45j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131j0j0i3j0i22i30j33i160j33i299.S7crFvri7tw&ved=0ahUKEwixm4m4xZfoAhVSba0KHSbsDt0Q4dUDCAc&uact=5#kpvalbx=_0IhrXpmjHIqQsAXPj67ICg28

8 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Most people that I know, already have plenty that's been stockpiled long before this.  

Pretty soon you'll be able to trade ammo for toilet paper.

• Haha 2

I can undestand such statement, be it on the fun side or not so fun.

But comming from the state that has suffered the war 25 yeras ago (memories still fresh enough), this virus is more or less a joke amogst our poeple.

Yes, the Croatia is the only country in Europe that has experienced the war after the world war 2, fighting for its independance.

So, we take every mesasure we can to fight the pandemic. But taking into account that we still have casualties from landmines after a 25 years hiathus on our teritory, it is just a thing we to have to cope with.

• Sad 1

😄

of course I agree.

Not to drive discussion to red zone or inappropriate to this forum, just wanted to put things under a right perspective.

This is a virus, ok it is a real thing, people have died from this.

Bute there are far more serious things that a human can face than this.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, parlophone1 said:

😄

of course I agree.

Not to drive discussion to red zone or inappropriate to this forum, just wanted to put things under a right perspective.

This is a virus, ok it is a real thing, people have died from this.

Bute there are far more serious things that a human can face than this.

This will start off like a joke, but it's not... My wife, who is frm the Philippines, has a friend from Nepal, who married a man from Japan. They work for an NGO, working in Laos. They distribute crutches and wheelchairs to people there who are still hitting unexploded ordnance we dropped on them during our excursion into Southeast Asia. What amazes me is that the majority of them don't hate the US.

Now, back to the issue at hand...

Bruce