Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

2 hours ago, Seadog said:

That would be Gamma sterilization, and it is still used for a lot of things, including some fruits and vegetables.  This would effectively resterilize masks, but probably could not be used to resterilize more than once or twice since it damages plastic and elastomers.  It is also about a 16 hour process, and there are only about a dozen facilities in the US that can do Gamma.  It works by exposing the devices (or veggies) to Cobalt 60.

Side effects:

The-Incredible-Hulk-TV-Show-Bixby-770x959.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Understand from the news that the quick test kits are going to first responders, health care workers, and those drive through testing places. 50,000 per week. Maybe it can be ramped up. Takes 15 minutes not 45 seconds like first reports.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Close to panic time.

yeah ... plus I use some Indica gummies at night for a sleep aid.  I have three left. Dispensaries are doing curbside pick up here, so I can put on some gloves and pick up some more. 

put in an order at the store for some groceries to be delivered ... they ain't coming until Saturday at 9 pm.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 1:04 PM, CECAA850 said:

I thought he said that models have worst case scenarios and best case scenarios.  The end result is somewhere inbetween.  You're quoting worst case scenario. 

Models now show about 84,000 predicted dead from C19.  About same as 2017-2018 Flue season.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections?fbclid=IwAR1TzhAOpQza4HELTO8C6RtytagXnX3LcWXbSg9EtWjCSNxynzTsM3MdTPk

7 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Read an article that stated the covid19 virus is in the same category as the flu . So if you get it and recover you should be good ; until next season .

You should have added "until death".

JJK

Puhleeze stop attempting to equate covid19 to any flu except the 1918 flu. Why? Because those 2 events have one big thing in common - ZERO human immunity to a lethal virus.

During a normal flu season hospitals do not get buried in critically sick peoples. Sure a lot of people get sick but it is spread out spatially and over time. A regular flu season is manageable. Yes influenza kills but covid19 is shown to be 15X more fatal and that’s with the best care possible.

Hopefully covid19 will ONLY kill less than 100,000. That will happen ONLY if America keeps itself shut-in and sequestered for whatever length of time is needed to stifle this bug.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2