Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

22 minutes ago, billybob said:

We spoke about this earlier here.

Is anyone of note reccommending

Drinking this? Used to drink it upon occasion as liked it.

(There is a 8 hour time barrier between you and me, there were at least 8 new pages of messages in thread, when I woke.)

President Trump advised on Chloroquine and two American seniors drank Chloroquinphosphate, which is an aquarium cleaning product, and soon died.

Don't know if Trump is 'of note' in your book, but I thought it would be safe here to warn about experimenting with large quantities of (gin-)tonic. Two liters of tonic equals 1 tablet of quinine, btw.

If you drink two liters of tonic, your heart rhythm may be seriously irregular.

If you drinkt two liters of gin-tonic, you'll end up in ER or you'll die of that, rather than of covid19... ☠️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, billybob said:

Drinking a boubon or 2 

at night.

Traditionally I only drink on the weekend.  My job is now shutting down an hour and a half earlier than normal as it's slow and we're trying to cut expenses.  Every night last week I partook of something as I had more free time than normal in the evenings.  It's so easy to fall into that rut.  This week I'm back on my "no drinking on the week night" routine.  I had to make a conscious effort to do so.  What made it really hard last night was the fact that I opened a different bourbon on Sunday and it was really good.  LOL.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ILI said:

(There is a 8 hour time barrier between you and me, there were at least 8 new pages of messages in thread, when I woke.)

President Trump advised on Chloroquine and two American seniors drank Chloroquinphosphate, which is an aquarium cleaning product, and soon died.

Don't know if Trump is 'of note' in your book, but I thought it would be safe here to warn about experimenting with large quantities of (gin-)tonic. Two liters of tonic equals 1 tablet of quinine, btw.

If you drinkt two liters of gin-tonic, you'll end up in ER or you'll die of that, rather than of covid19... ☠️

Thanks for the info.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

It is extremely unlikely that we will achieve herd immunity from this virus unless we get a vaccine which is widely deployed worldwide. It is quite likely that this virus will be lurking for a couple of years or until most people are vaccinated (assuming we get a vaccine developed in the near term).

The Spanish Flu, killed between 50 and 100 million ( estimated as they lost count) between 1917 and 1920. For example: Canada lost 62,000 troops to battle deaths during WWI and then a further 55,000 to the Spanish Flu before it disappeared as quickly as it appeared. Our population at the time was around 7 million mostly living on farms, ranch’s and widely spread small communities. With these demographics of a relatively small population and the large size of country we were lucky.

Wb

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Traditionally I only drink on the weekend.  My job is now shutting down an hour and a half earlier than normal as it's slow and we're trying to cut expenses.  Every night last week I partook of something as I had more free time than normal in the evenings.  It's so easy to fall into that rut.  This week I'm back on my "no drinking on the week night" routine.  I had to make a conscious effort to do so.  What made it really hard last night was the fact that I opened a different bourbon on Sunday and it was really good.  LOL.

Well, know of your will power.

Maybe not every night for me.

Know you will do the right thing.

New bottle sounds good.

49 minutes ago, Fish said:

I'm not headed anywhere...Just curious if we should be tore down, or less tore down. THE FORUM, as the WORLD has opinions. I proclaimed I'm no Dr, you may be ??? Or scientist ??? So, just some dudes thoughts on a websiite .No one owns the right to opinion exclusively, of course JMO....

No need to get offended. Death is a sensitive area and people are now having to make some choices about death, their own and others. That opens the door to who should or should not be given living priorities and based upon what? It is a nasty quandary faced by all of us whether in medicine or not. 

• Moderators
Yes, I was out for a while.  No time to expand right now as I need to catch up on work and don't want to push too hard. 

Thank you for asking. 

Good to hear you are back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ILI said:

I believe you are referring to the couple that took Chloroquinphosphate that is only to be used for aquariums. This product is not certainly made to medical standards (God only knows what it can be contaminated with!). 

Do not take this non-medicine in place of actual medicine. One is made in a factory without oversight and one is heavily regulated.

Wb

5 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

So far covid19 has resulted in 11,000 deaths with 367,000 documented cases and not over a year but in 3 weeks to 1.5 months and most of those in a few hot spots.

That is almost a 3% mortality rate... It would be encouraging to know the numbers of those who were positive but never were tested and never had to be hospitalized, i.e., survivors we won't even know about.