Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

39 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

@tigerwoodKhorns

I read something interesting a few minutes ago. Some have been questioning the 3.8% death rate (since so many aren't tested) so the cruise ship Diamond Princess was studied.  The ship was studied because EVERYONE onboard was tested, so now they were dealing with a "known.". The death rate there was 0.05% (which is less than influenza) sadly the article didn't say what percentage of the crew & passengers tested positive -- that would be number that I'd be interested in knowing. 

This is interesting and very helpful. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WMcD said:

IMHO this criminal idiocy.

True, they should close Sbux, it's a crime to charge that much for coffee. 

1 hour ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

My wife is Asian so I followed her lead.  I used surgical masks and stapled the sides to custom fit to each of our faces before we left the house, eliminating the problem with air intrusion in the sides. 

That's a little extreme,  because it must really hurt when you staple the mask to custom fit the sides. 

I know

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

They are all going to die,  that is my prediction.

23 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

They're still all going to die.

Yes everyone will, eventually, it has never failed in all of history.

• Like 1

@tigerwoodKhorns

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cruise-ship-data-helps-reveal-coronavirus-death-rate-researchers

CORRECTION:  Shouldn't have tried to post numbers from memory.  Looked at the article again, and it says that the death rate is 0.5% and that is still way higher than the flu. 

Data from Princess Cruises says Diamond Princess is on a 14-day round trip itinerary, which departed from Yokohama (Tokyo) on January 20 and is scheduled to return on February 4. There are 2,666 guests and 1,045 crew onboard.

So, 3,711 were onboard.  According to the article, 697 tested positive. So, what's that ... around 18% tested positive. 

7 died -- .01%

45 are either still in critical condition or were once in critical condition -- .06% 

Average passenger age was 58, with 33% being 70 or older.

• Like 1

Still busy here as opposed to other places so far but ,

400 reservations on this day last year 230 tonight . 

All cruise travel was suspended for 30 days at midnight . Charleston is a port of call as well as embark and debark .

Volvo tennis tournament is cancelled/suspended .

Cooper River 10k Bridge Run is rescheduled for August 1 . F Me on running a 10k here in August 🔥.

From Wiki , based on number of race finishers, the event is the third largest 10K and the fifth largest road race in the United States .

Just getting started

I was at the dentist recently.  Her assistant put on rubber gloves and then promptly reached his gloved hand into his pocket to pull out his phone.  I would have said something if my mouth weren’t full of her gloved fingers.  He did not touch me with his phone contaminated rubber glove.  I would have prevented it had he tried.

12 hours ago, Marvel said:

Hmmm, now 53 confirmed cased in the Philippines. Hot and high humidity.

Here's the thing that has been irritating me so much. I do not doubt that your statement is true. Mine was data from several days ago and the week prior. Every "News" site L or R is bs and we've all just got to fend for ourselves with not just take it with a grain of salt but distill different reports and wait to see which is true.

pffft.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Every "News" site L or R is bs and we've all just got to fend for ourselves with not just take it with a grain of salt but distill different reports and wait to see which is true.

Indeed, I check many different sites. My current info was gleaned from the WHO website, which has country info the CDC doesn't have. I usually check different world news organizations, not just US news coverage. You can get a lot of different perspectives that way. One hopes the truth is found in the rubble...

The BBC  is often a rehash of US perspectives, aljazeera has been shown to actually be fairly unbiased. What I would like is a National Geographic news room... where I might not like what I read, but are the historical facts. We all have biases, so we have to get past them to really know what is going on.

• Like 4

In the end, the world needs to hold China accountable first and foremost.  It's long overdue to stop being dependent on a communist country and "cheap" being the driving force.  Decades of letting manufacturing and technology leave the country, unbalanced trade, ridiculous spending and the general population wanting to argue over politics like pigs being led to the slaughter.  Time to put personal views of individuals aside and figure out a way to hold these idiots accountable.  They just passed a bill that one of the "no votes" claimed they didn't even have an opportunity to read and that's supposed to be their job.  I have yet to be able to find the actual "Corona relief bill" that was passed so i can read it for myself, so if any of you have, please post the link.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

image.thumb.jpeg.da64aa8bdc55e3a737089a7fe44aa4e9.jpeg

People are panic buying because of the news BS.

It's driving up prices on food products through the roof. $10-12 for a can of corn, or beans.

Forget toilet paper.

• Thanks 1