Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

11 minutes ago, USNRET said:

The judge closed our beaches. Glad everyone is abiding by the mandate (one week after closure). You are allowed to exercise and walk your dog.

Beach closure.jpg

The beach thing is ok,

You just need to “draw a line in the sand”

Now if we could all get bumper stickers stating “please ensure your car practices social distancing”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Randyh said:

same here , the kids are the saddest , they were looking up to get out of the house , 1 month cooked up at home

Got an e-mail that they'll have drive through communion.  We'll probably do that.  What strange times these are.

2 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

I guess you guys didn’t read the following study which I posted awhile ago:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31607599

Given the likelihood that influenza vaccine increases susceptibility to Coronavirus it is the last thing a person should do.  Other studies have confirmed this as well, and it has been known for years.

Maynard

I’ve heard numerous experts say on TV the opposite - get your flu shot if you haven’t already — like much Covid news you never know 

who or what to believe —. We had ours well before the outbreak so what do we do, ask for it be removed —

2 hours ago, USNRET said:

The judge closed our beaches. Glad everyone is abiding by the mandate (one week after closure). You are allowed to exercise and walk your dog.

Beach closure.jpg

They should use a road grader and push those cars into the nearby salt disinfectant pool — by the time they walk home most 

will be six feet apart —

• Sad 1

On subject again. 

I really don't understand why it is taking so long to get tests out and the antibody verification.  At the rate we are burning $100 bills (by the pallet), we had better invest in gold because this US economy is going to make Venezuela look good.  The verification that you have had the virus or you are immune is going to be key to getting things going again.  I'm really worried about the 4-8 weeks.  There won't be an economy left.  Not sure it will matter after $6T-8T of stimulus that is guaranteed not going to go to the folks who need it most.  The only thing that can help them is work and pay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Think there are quite a lot of people that would like to have that testing done. Some having had possibly mild cases.

FWIW

A German research project in a hot-spot did that and published the results on April 9. Only 15 per cent had been infected. Being a hot-spot, they had expected it to be much higher. This proofs that the herd immunity approach is not successful. Also, death rate is only 0.4 per cent, much lower than expected. 

Screenshot_20200410_185636_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, ILI said:

A German research project in a hot-spot did that and published the results on April 9. Only 15 per cent had been infected. Being a hot-spot, they had expected it to be much higher. This proofs that the herd immunity approach is not successful. Also, death rate is only 0.4 per cent, much lower than expected. 

Well yea, even a virus does not want to tick off a German, it had to find some weak ones. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ILI said:

Screenshot_20200410_185636_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Cool thanks, wish I could speakin

za Deutsch.