Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

Swine flu:

By 28 October 2009, about 600 schools in the United States had been temporarily closed, affecting over 126,000 students in 19 states.

The CDC estimated that as much as 40% of the workforce might be unable to work at the peak of the pandemic due to the need for many healthy adults to stay home and care for an ill family member.

During the height of the fear of a pandemic, some countries initiated or threatened to initiate quarantines of foreign visitors suspected of having or being in contact with others who may have been infected. In May 2009, the Chinese government confined 21 U.S. students and three teachers to their hotel rooms. As a result, the US State Department issued a travel alert about China's anti-flu measures and warned travellers against travelling to China if ill.  In Hong Kong, an entire hotel was quarantined with 240 guests; Australia ordered a cruise ship with 2,000 passengers to stay at sea because of a swine flu threat. Egyptian Muslims who went on the annual pilgrimage to Mecca risked being quarantined upon their return. Russia and Taiwan said they would quarantine visitors with fevers who come from areas where the flu was present. Japan quarantined 47 airline passengers in a hotel for a week in mid-May, then in mid-June India suggested pre-screening "outbound" passengers from countries thought to have a high rate of infection.

The Infectious Diseases Society of America estimated that the total number of deaths in the U.S. was 12,469.

• Like 1

Yes, I can make due with the staying at home and not going out into the world. If I decide at this point in time to do so, I could improvise or adapt to a situation.

Since I generally want not to be sick, have been working on avoiding  the flu bugs. Avoiding people for a couple of weeks or a month is possible. Limiting time out to get necessary items doable.

Can occupy mind by any number of things. Limiting news coverage a good start for those susceptible to panic attack and other anxiety related conditions. Calming sis

In law is an ongoing concern. A little

OCD is not a bad thing at the moment. Compulsive hand washing not a really bad thing either.

Did not find Purel but found found a surface solution 50 percent alcohol keeping in the car. A calm state of mind a able to think logically builds upon itself.

Avoiding the blow by blow in the news coverage may be necessary for some. Occupation of the mind then and other things that can be done will help with alot of the perceived background noise, which can agitate, called for in some situations. Worry can be

unproductive to a point where logic is somewhat inhibited. 

• Like 3

The wife is and has been doing research on protective attitudes.

She found an article that states the 70% alcohol is more effective than higher percentages.

I have some 99.9% alcohol for cleaning of camera filters which I probably will not use now.

The last time we took the 80 mile trip to Socorro she bought a bottle of cheap 180 proof vodka to make hand sanitizer from. It's far cheaper and much more available than commercial hand sanitizer now. Add aloe and maybe essential oils and you have hand sanitizer. She paid $18 for a container of (Smirnoff) vodka which equaled 2 fifths.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do too @Sancho Panzaespecially if they're good kids & not the ones laughing @ near 60 year old me with a respirator on in a crowded store or celebrating "Boomer Remover". How do their stupid parents not realize they're thinking like that? Literally thinking like those brothers in Cali years ago that offed their parents. Was it the Menedez bros? didn't bother to search.

• Like 2

Just now, Greg_M said:

The wife is and has been doing research on protective attitudes.

She found an article that states the 70% alcohol is more effective than higher percentages.

I have some 99.9% alcohol for cleaning of camera filters which I probably will not use now.

The last time we took the 80 mile trip to Socorro she bought a bottle of cheap 180 proof vodka to make hand sanitizer from. It's far cheaper and much more available than commercial hand sanitizer now. Add aloe and maybe essential oils and you have hand sanitizer. She paid $18 for a container of (Smirnoff) vodka which equaled 2 fifths.

Thanks for the heads up on the liquor store...not going to drink it, which may effect my power to reason but, yes man...Some Smirnoff 80...

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

I do too especially if they're good kids & not the ones laughing @ near 60 year old me with a respirator on in a crowded store or celebrating "Boomer Remover". How do their stupid parents not realize they're thinking like that? Literally thinking like those brothers in Cali years ago that offed their parents. Was it the Menedez bros? didn't bother to search.

Tell them you're not a boomer, you're OGenX.  Then tell them to look it up if they don't know what that means.

Just now, JohnJ said:

Live Long & Prosper could be a new greeting instead of the handshake!

Brilliant!

Yes there is always the air handshake. Or like an older brother did me, stick out his hand, then quicker pull it back. Did it to old friend awhile ago...think he got peeved about it...lol

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I do too @Sancho Panzaespecially if they're good kids & not the ones laughing @ near 60 year old me with a respirator on in a crowded store or celebrating "Boomer Remover". How do their stupid parents not realize they're thinking like that? Literally thinking like those brothers in Cali years ago that offed their parents. Was it the Menedez bros? didn't bother to search.

Yes it twas, but think they wanted the loot... unsuccessful.

• Like 1

I always need to consult The Google in order to find which new age term defines an age category. Millennials, GenX etc. still haven’t figured it out, still don’t care. For me, I look at my drivers license only to realize I’m old, grumpy and still don’t give a shitt —

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1