Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

29 minutes ago, Randyh said:

then subletting should very easy --some students would prefer  not to be cramped -------

They can't get out of their leases to move. We had to pay $250 in order to go from the 2 bed to a 4 bed next fall (that was a rip off). No charge to move out at end of lease but to move within complex two fiddy. My son wanted to move in with 3 other H.S. classmates, didn't particularly care for his current roommate chosen by "personality interview comparisons" and the 4 bed is cheaper so I said ok and signed early for a discount.

https://parkwestlife.com/

Jeffrey has a 2/2 in the Towers currently and a 4/4 in the Towers for next year in the fall.

Just looked at the apt site's virus info. Would reduction of quality of life like gyms, pool, etc, etc be reason to expect a reduction in rent at least?

Closure of High Touch Amenities

Beginning March 17, following government guidance, Servitas communities have temporarily closed certain high touch-point and high-density amenity spaces, such as fitness centers (including gyms, yoga rooms), business centers/computer labs (some may be available by appointment only to assist on-line learning), swimming pools, and coffee bars. Green spaces and laundry rooms will remain open and available for resident use – provided that social distancing is practiced.

4 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Soft reopen of AlaBama Beaches May 1st; full reopening May 15th.

That means you're allowed to swim but you have to wear a face mask to cover your mouth.

Rubber gloves optional.

I wonder if there will be unintended consequences to the Covid19 and the shutdown of the country?

For instance, will there be fewer traffic deaths since Americans on not on the road?  Will there be fewer deaths attributed to the flu, or heart disease?

I wonder if anybody has even thought about it.

• Like 1

my brother and i have been doing very good at this self-isolating; but that will change next week.  the surgeon that did his Esophagetomy last year said it is imperative that he go to the hospital next week for a CT Scan. He’s been having chronic reflux and the hospital wanted to wait until June, but the surgeon said that it can’t wait that long. 

i told him to take gloves for the doors and elevators (a set for going in and coming out) and we have some masks here from when i was spraying some mold remover in the shower. hopefully, he’ll wear a mask too; but he’s not as paranoid as i am, although he did say that going into the hospital at this time is more scary that when he went in last year for the surgery. 

We’ll do what we can do and the rest is in God’s hands. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Randyh said:

teva is a generic manufacturer of pantropazole.  ----same quality - lower price - they make it in New Jersey -

got it ... not sure which manufacturer makes the one he takes. 

i take it too -- get all my meds free from the VA. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I wonder if there will be unintended consequences to the Covid19 and the shutdown of the country?

For instance, will there be fewer traffic deaths since Americans on not on the road?  Will there be fewer deaths attributed to the flu, or heart disease?

I wonder if anybody has even thought about it.

I believe that the converse is going to show it's ugly head with 22M people out of work for an indefinite amount of time, loosing their houses and livelihoods.  Watch for a lot of overdoses and other things associated with abuses.  They are likely to equal the COVID deaths.