Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

As long as the doctors have checked it out then I would go with that.  My problem was that I self-diagnosed acid reflux, a mistake which dang near killed me.

That's why I spread the word now, because not everybody knows those odd seemingly non-related symptoms.

+++

So have you had your colonoscopy yet?  Ask me why I'm asking.  🙄

he had esophageal cancer and 2/3 of his esophagus removed, 1/3 of his stomach removed and made into a new esophagus. bad reflux ever since -- he was on a feeding tube for a couple of months after surgery then soft foods for a while, then regular food.

I had colonoscopy in 2016 -- doc said "see you in 10 years."

hope you are doing well now Dave, that event must have been frightening.

• Like 2

twitter had my old hometown of Huntington Beach, ca trending. lived there longer than anywhere else probably. demonstration of 100 or so protesting for an end to lockdown. no social distancing happening, they're all crowded on a corner in Main Street.  one guy had on a hazmat suit and was holding a sign that read "covid-19 is a lie."  I guess they just want to get back to partying -- that is a party town.   

49 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

twitter had my old hometown of Huntington Beach, ca trending. lived there longer than anywhere else probably. demonstration of 100 or so protesting for an end to lockdown. no social distancing happening, they're all crowded on a corner in Main Street.  one guy had on a hazmat suit and was holding a sign that read "covid-19 is a lie."  I guess they just want to get back to partying -- that is a party town.   

Huntington Beach—— nice. Just north of Newport Beach. Santa Monica was where I grew up. Well Venice and Brentwood was where I lived but Santa Monica was the beach locale. Then moved south. Lived in Corona Del Mar for a short while. Imagine the property taxes there are insane now. The little house my parents bought for $20K in the early 60’s is now $750K. Such as it is.........

• Like 1

Just now, Bosco-d-gama said:

Huntington Beach—— nice. Just north of Newport Beach. Santa Monica was where I grew up. Well Venice and Brentwood was where I lived but Santa Monica was the beach locale. Then moved south. Lived in Corona Del Mar for a short while. Imagine the property taxes there are insane now. The little house my parents bought for $20K in the early 60’s is now $750K. Such as it is.........

well, hello neighbor.  yeah, I think Huntington Beach does have a soft spot in my heart, I really, really enjoyed living there. But yes, it is very expensive ... as is Newport, corona Del Mar, and Santa Monica and forget about the Brentwood prices. all in all, it's probably worth it ... exceptionally fine weather in most of SoCal.  I've been outside on Christmas Night without a shirt and wasn't even cold. desert and Inland Empire can get a bit toasty though. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

well, hello neighbor.  yeah, I think Huntington Beach does have a soft spot in my heart, I really, really enjoyed living there. But yes, it is very expensive ... as is Newport, corona Del Mar, and Santa Monica and forget about the Brentwood prices. all in all, it's probably worth it ... exceptionally fine weather in most of SoCal.  I've been outside on Christmas Night without a shirt and wasn't even cold. desert and Inland Empire can get a bit toasty though. 

Oh yeah........   just 5 or 10 miles inland and it gets crispy hot for too much of the year. After college the closest I could get to the coastal area was in the Mission Viejo area and it was too warm for me there. Unless you can afford to live w/in 5 miles of the coast so cal is a desert.

2 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Oh yeah........   just 5 or 10 miles inland and it gets crispy hot for too much of the year. After college the closest I could get to the coastal area was in the Mission Viejo area and it was too warm for me there. Unless you can afford to live w/in 5 miles of the coast so cal is a desert.

mission viejo is a nice area though. My place in Huntington was between two to four miles inland, depending on which route you took My street went straight to the ocean, but the way the shoreline is, that would be four miles, if I went a different route it was much closer (but I didn't end up downtown where all the action was). 

• Moderators
20 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I never, ever mention medical things on the board, until now.  I just don't find them interesting and I have a pretty good attitude towards them, so no big deal.  :)

Glad your past that, from reading your post there was no way of knowing, you tough old bird.

What a pain in the arse

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

It could've been the surfers chomping at the bit. The SoCal has had a solid south swell for days now. Beaches were 'closed' but it didn't stop folks from being cited. And getting tubed.

• Like 1

The PBS news hour just reported that there are five phases of covid 19 testing.

Test #1---Tests if you have the virus. (Testing now)

Test #2---Tests if you have anti bodies of the virus which means you have had the virus before and

recovered. (Testing now)

Test #3---Tests how many percent anti bodies you have to have to be immune to getting the virus again. (Testing in the future)

Test #4---Test if you have anti bodies can you pass the virus on to other people who do not. (Testing in the future)

Test #5---Tests how long the immunity lasts. (Testing in the future)

JJK

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

The PBS news hour just reported that there are five phases of covid 19 testing.

Test #1---Tests if you have the virus. (Testing now)

Test #2---Tests if you have anti bodies of the virus which means you have had the virus before and

recovered. (Testing now)

Test #3---Tests how many percent anti bodies you have to have to be immune to getting the virus again. (Testing in the future)

Test #4---Test if you have anti bodies can you pass the virus on to other people who do not. (Testing in the future)

Test #5---Tests how long the immunity lasts. (Testing in the future)

JJK

That sounds right... thanks!

• Like 1