Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
CECAA850

Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, richieb said:


Paid $1.35 outside of KC yesterday although generally around $1.59. Friends in Wichita yesterday $1.24.

We are saving on the pump end and paying for it on the equities end - pay me now or pay me later. 

Yes, there's no free lunch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Wow!

 

I remember the day I left Morgantown after graduating.  It was December 1978 (undergrad) 1980 (from grad school) and the price had just jumped from a dollar per gallon to $1.25.  I wondered out loud how anybody could afford to live with gas being $1.25 per gallon.

 

I got my first professional counseling job after that, $12,000 per year.  I wondered what I was going to do with all that extra money.

I know.  I had a 78 v8 Cobra in 80/81.  I would cry when I had to pay $1.35 a gallon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dave A said:

That's very easy to answer. If you are afraid then don't leave your house and be exposed.

 

A very simple answer that is very difficult to implement. I have to be imprisoned in my own home because someone with a communicable disease exercises the right to run free. What about my right to run free?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dave A said:

That's the same as Hydroxyquinone being ignored with a ton of real life evidence it works. The safety is beyond doubt and there is a lady in my Church that takes it for Rheumatoid Arthritis so it clearly does work for more than one thing.  

Yes, everything needs to be doom and gloom.  Don't want to think there is an agenda behind it......  It is just sad that possible deaths occur because people want to play down possible benefits and life saving capabilities of some of these medicines.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pzannucci said:

Yes, everything needs to be doom and gloom.  Don't want to think there is an agenda behind it......  It is just sad that possible deaths occur because people want to play down possible benefits and life saving capabilities of some of these medicines.  


Agenda driven or not, doom and gloom drives the “news” — . Happily skipping down the sidewalk doesn’t sell — people are inherently negative and a depressing outlook plays to that interest — 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, richieb said:


Agenda driven or not, doom and gloom drives the “news” — . Happily skipping down the sidewalk doesn’t sell — people are inherently negative and a depressing outlook plays to that interest — 

I agree though at this point in time, some uplifting news while everyone is locked up will go just as far.  They are forgetting the audience doesn't need more pressure put on them...

Look at the protests... Next there will be uprisings.... I can't go fishing if I use my boat with an engine... have to love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple points of interest. Flu season deaths are generally accounted for during October thru March. That being said CV19 deaths have been counted for two months. CV19 is much more contagious than flu. Do you think mitigation has not curbed the number of deaths?


Your right to run free does not supersede my right to be safe when I need to be in public.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Yes, everything needs to be doom and gloom.  Don't want to think there is an agenda behind it......  It is just sad that possible deaths occur because people want to play down possible benefits and life saving capabilities of some of these medicines.  

The hydroxyquione is not being ignored. it is being prescribed as being determined on a  basis between patient and doctor.  Also the current results have some heart stoppage deaths as a result with a 50% success rate not approved by the FDA.

JJK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

And, even if there are, I don't care.

Ahhhh...the crux of the biscuit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

Your right to run free does not supersede my right to be safe when I need to be in public.

Finally something we agree on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

The hydroxyquione is not being ignored. it is being prescribed as being determined on a  basis between patient and doctor.  Also the current results have some heart stoppage deaths as a result with a 50% success rate not approved by the FDA.

JJK

Correct but if this possibility is hidden from many or played down.... you've automatically limited choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

Your right to run free does not supersede my right to be safe when I need to be in public.
 

Very true. Everyone should stay in their own lane.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dave A said:

I agree and never knew two years ago that 61,000 people died of the flu in the USA because so few were effected. 61,000 out of 330,000,000 is one out of every 54,000 people. When you look at numbers and simple math it changes things.

https://viableopposition.blogspot.com/2020/04/shopping-in-age-of-covid-19.html

Your statement is errant. In 2017 45,000,000 million Americans were ‘effected’ by the influenza and 61,000 expired. So far covid19 has been documented in roughly 750,000 Americans and 40,000 have died. When you actually compare apples to apples it shows that covid19 is 378X more lethal than the flu, and 2017 was one of our worst flu seasons of late.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Your statement is errant. In 2017 45,000,000 million Americans were ‘effected’ by the influenza and 61,000 expired. So far covid19 has been documented in roughly 750,000 Americans and 40,000 have died. When you actually compare apples to apples it shows that covid19 is 378X more lethal than the flu, and 2017 was one of our worst flu seasons of late.

 

 

Too bad we can't validate without tests (the 750,000).... According to many randomized tests, it appears that it could be that we have 50-80 times higher numbers.  That is really what we should be looking at.  Remember there is extreme resistance to testing for some unknown reason.... run out of tests...  Needs randomized testing PERIOD.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

It will be nice to know if this is a virus that was cooked in a lab or one that is natural and was being studied, and slipped out. 

Does it really matter? If acting properly and doing what is right, telling the truth and asking for help had prevailed the spread of this pandemic could have been limited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtel's wife said:

Your right to run free does not supersede my right to be safe when I need to be in public.

🤜🤛

 

Back from the store. A couple of weeks ago, almost no PPE by others. Today, there was maybe 50% of the people wearing masks. Went into Lowe's through the contractor's doors, where there was someone in the checkout line, shamelessly, digging for gold. So from t here, he will be using the same stylus at the checkout. 

 

Can we demand that people wear winter mittens too? lol 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Too bad we can't validate without tests (the 750,000).... According to many randomized tests, it appears that it could be that we have 50-80 times higher numbers.  That is really what we should be looking at.  Remember there is extreme resistance to testing for some unknown reason.... run out of tests...  Needs randomized testing PERIOD.

Statistically you’re correct. The same also applies to any flu season because we never know precisely how many people are infected with the flu either. But in practicality, the real scenario being witnessed....... we know that covid19 is putting a lot more people under hospital level care than any infectious disease since 1918-19. So the relative ‘acuity’ of covid19 is worse than the flu. 
 

The bottom line to the pandemic is how fast and how serious and how lethal covid19 impacts humanity. It comes in surges that delivers mass infections, mass hospitalizations and very high mortality figures. Consider if we treated covid19 the same as we do the flu. We don’t take the extreme measures to contain the flu as we are with covid19. If they were treated the same we’d have far more infected and many more dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, babadono said:

Does it really matter? 

 

Yes. If there is an unethical country (government, or other body) that is cooking up something that can do what this has done, and worse, then we need to address it. This isn't much different than any other war like mechanism.  

 

6 minutes ago, babadono said:

 If acting properly and doing what is right, telling the truth and asking for help had prevailed the spread of this pandemic could have been limited.

 

I agree. If it is something that is natural and being studied as a precaution, and it gets out is a bit different that if it was man made as a weapon. Eather way, China should have stepped up and been informative. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we all have different experiences, speak to different people, know different people, listen and read different news. Some say the main stream news is liberal, it always has been with the facts... There control measures.... think about what some can gain in a crisis like this...met a guy in NY he bought 270,000 houses after the last.... one.....The DRs I speak with and some people who  have the best care money can buy say....... its a little overblown....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...