Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

https://www.ktvu.com/news/stanford-antibody-study-suggests-covid-19-more-widespread-than-official-confirmed-cases

Well well well. And they are not the only big time University saying this.

and from another University namely USC

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/20/coronavirus-antibody-testing-shows-la-county-outbreak-is-up-to-55-times-bigger-than-reported-cases.html

and a commentary on this

http://bluecollarperspective.net/?p=28446&utm_source=whatfinger

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, billybob said:

Answer my question and then if you want to, do what you think is the correct way to do things. Never kept you from acting unilaterally has it?

Busy cleaning up the mess in here, put the main offender on moderated posts.

Do your own research and you tell me the answer. All science is evolving,  that a function of the scientific method. Even the most understood of scientific principles are still called a "theory" because no matter how well it is understood, we know there is always more that can be learned about gravity, relativity, virology,.epidemiology. 

• Like 2

Just now, dwilawyer said:

Do your own research and you tell me the answer. All science is evolving,  that a function of the scientific method. Even the most understood of scientific principles are still called a "theory" because no matter how well it is understood, we know there is always more that can be learned about gravity, relativity, virology,.epidemiology. 

So true and thanks!

• Moderators

They’ve been warned. Several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

How many people were hospitalized last year from taking HC?, how many died from sudden cardiac death?

What's your risk score (that's a 2007 study on HCQ).

What percentage in the Covid studies on HCQ, to date, had to be taken off because ot QT interval prolongation?  (It's  a 1000 to 10,000 times higher than .001)

What do you say if they come out to the waiting room and tell you a loved one hit the red box in the algorithm? 

I hope it isn't "well [insert media outlet] says it safe, I'm ok with it." Hopefully you, nor anyone here, is ever in that position, but if you are hopefully you start asking intelligent questions and insist on the latest, up to date medical/scientific data.

Every study on HCQ for Covid mentions the risks for increased QT times were assessed and every study to date mentions some patients had to be taken off of it. 

People can philosophize all they want about what they would do in a hypothetical situation, the only thing that matters is what's happening in the real world. In the real world they will tell you if you are an appropriate candidate to take it or not, and if you are, they will tell  you if  they can keep you on it.

Well OK tell me.

Every study on HCQ for Covid mentions the risks for increased QT times were assessed and every study to date mentions some patients had to be taken off of it.

OK so what was the increased rate of recovery from Wuhan Virus by taking HCQ?  Some is not a definable percentage I can make an educated choice from. Also according to Italian Doctors Wuhan Virus is taking out primarily people with up to three serious other complications besides old age which were on their own life threatening. Were these patients taken off HCQ at risk patients also subject to other critical illnesses which made them vulnerable to HCQ complications that would not exist for the vast majority of people? You are not giving me enough information to make an educated choice here. Could you give me a link to that study?

1 hour ago, dtel's wife said:

This is why China was nailing doors shut to keep people in their homes. Geez....they lie, steal and cheat. The truth isn’t in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more. 

They have literally lied about everything from the git go. Trying to silence that Dr. and then likely killing him.    Did we really expect a commie country where modern slavery is a way of life and a gov't that would love to see a large portion of their elder citizens get cut down some give a crap about us?  They screwed up and while the world will be fighting this mess until 2022 or so, we will have plenty of time to think about what we don't really need to buy from them, which isn't going to be easy, and that is the truly sad part.

Major US cities are using drones to monitor people under quarantine. Guess who makes them? Yes and they're streaming video back to dispatch and likely China as well. China has watched and learned a lot about the weakness's and actions of all the countries during this, I hope we have too.

Just what we need is their 5G platform where we can run 3million devices per mile instead of 300K so they can really keep an eye on us.  After all that's what they do there is watch you with face recog cameras and I think its said there is one camera for every two citizens there, they follow you,  censor you, no Facebook for you, you get Govt approved China version of FB and Twitter. Bow and Kneel to Xi.

They're not our friends , only business partners and they will find themselves a bit more isolated once the dust settles from this. Once there is a vaccine I think we will see a pretty big dog pile happen in just fashion.....and if not, they win.

• Like 3

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Well OK tell me.

OK so what was the increased rate of recovery from Wuhan Virus by taking HCQ?  Some is not a definable percentage I can make an educated choice from. Also according to Italian Doctors Wuhan Virus is taking out primarily people with up to three serious other complications besides old age which were on their own life threatening. Were these patients taken off HCQ at risk patients also subject to other critical illnesses which made them vulnerable to HCQ complications that would not exist for the vast majority of people? You are not giving me enough information to make an educated choice here. Could you give me a link to that study?

If you don't know the answers, I respectfully suggest you don't have necessary information. Read the actual studies, I have posted them in here,.but I will link them when able.

They were taken of HCQ because their QT time exceeded a number pre-determined to be too high.

The risk factors include preexisting conditions as well as age, gender.

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, richieb said:

Two hundred and one pages of quarantine entertainment - you woulda’ thunk it — . 

Yes I would have, popular topic affecting many and unlimited time on people's hands, not good.

I posted somewhere about this when people were just started staying home, noticed a big post jump back then. Normally in years past there was always a pretty good slow down with post in the spring, people started doing more, and planned more outdoors and spent less time checking in here. Thank's virus :unsure2:

On a different subject, nothing to do with Richieb's quote here.

Then there are those who if they stump there toe try to turn it political, as if whoever they think is doing well or could do better would have saved the day.

For those, no one really cares who you voted for or if they got elected, spare everyone the innuendos and cheap shots. As far as if thread disappears as some want don't think there will be another, this one was allowed to stay under certain circumstances,  I think we might notice if another pops up. Ask Carl there easy to erase.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave A said:

Just as the Boston Globe stated.  That is why I posted several days ago there is something wrong with what we consider the virus and it's impact.  If the numbers are 50x, then what is the real measure and how should we be reacting.  Like the flu since we already have partial herd immunity?  https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/17/business/nearly-third-200-blood-samples-taken-chelsea-show-exposure-coronavirus/