Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

1 minute ago, pzannucci said:

Social distancing while only providing you 8 hours of shop time so everyone crams in at the same time.  That and squeeze everyone through one entrance, let them count you, and you can stand in a mile long line waiting... Something is wrong with that picture.  Give me 24 hrs so it isn't crowded and I can go at 2 in the morning.

I've been ordering groceries and supplies online and having them delivered. Strangely, they won't deliver toilet paper or paper towels and it says "In Store Purchase Only."

I don't get that. I sent them an email asking why they are making people come into the store for these items; since they're often sending emails about how they're dealing with the virus by putting up plexiglass to separate cashier from customer, only allowing 50 shoppers in this huge grocery store at a time, making employees wear gloves & masks ...yet, a vulnerable senior has to come into the store to buy toilet paper.  they still haven't replied to my email.  I just want to understand the logic behind that decision, that's all. Stay safe; but if you want to wipe your butt you have to fight the crowds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

The stores are supposed to be getting cleaned through the night. 

saw a comment to an article saying that wearing gloves in store is not necessary. I think the person replying to the article was an employee because they were calling BS and said that they work everyday and watch people touch every item on the shelves, touch every tomato, and cough on everything; yet the products are so special in stores that the virus doesn't live on them? Love me some sarcasm. 

What I don't love is already seeing "experts" saying what the second wave of the virus will look like ... spoiler alert:  devastation  to the middle of the country.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

China, Russia and Iran are claiming that. If it were true, the death rate would have shown it. 

But what if they were linking those along with a Flu strain?  My 6yr old son tested negative from Flu last fall, but they said he likely had the flu and they were seeing negative's with other kids although with all the flu like symptoms. He had a cough that literally lasted for a couple months.   A lady I work with had the same cough that I have never heard her have in the 12 years we have worked side by side. She went to Doc twice and they said she had bronchitis upon her second visit.

I not trying to throw spaghetti against a wall here, but what does anyone really know at this point?   Now they're saying practically all the NY deaths involved underlying conditions and possibly 25% on NY population has antibodies from already having it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Max2 said:

But what if they were linking those along with a Flu strain?  My 6yr old son tested negative from Flu last fall, but they said he likely had the flu and they were seeing negative's with other kids although with all the flu like symptoms. He had a cough that literally lasted for a couple months.   A lady I work with had the same cough that I have never heard her have in the 12 years we have worked side by side. She went to Doc twice and they said she had bronchitis upon her second visit.

Last week, I was reading this same stuff you're saying: people with flu like symptoms, but tested negative for the flu.  A few years ago, I had an illness like the flu that stayed with me until I said uncle. Went to the Dr... not the flu, gave me some hot rod cough medicine, I would have bet the flu.

Fast forward to now, every time I blink, I wonder is it due to Wuhan... 

• Like 1

So, who here, living in States that want to start opening up business, are going to participate in the opening?

Flipping weird this is. The money verses human life.

I know we are living in a money based world....Hmmmmmmm

• Like 2

There was something going around here in January, February that others had. Called it the Crud.

Don't know but, had arthritic type pains in my back and shoulders that came on and didn't go away for a couple of weeks. Wrote it off as working with my brother on cars, etc.

No other symptom s besides head congestion. Suddenly it disappeared except some head stuffy I attributed to pollen.

When I would get up and move around, it would go away mostly.

Now back to my regular aches, which appears natural for me.

Cannot recall precisely but maybe when I started Zinc it went away.

Anyhow, unless I get sick, I would like to be tested for antibodies.

When more commonly test available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KlipschFish said:

"I was thinking this morning, and this is just kind of a thought experiment because I was thinking about this — why don't we just put everybody in a space outfit or something like that?" Moore asked. "No. Seriously."

OMG... and this is the kind of adviser and advice that the president gets. God help us if you can.

Have wanting one for awhile now.

Air conditioning unit with it.

Mowing the lawn but yes, maybe a few available, use them for the necessary ones to protect. Waste may be a problem but, we are talking NASA here.

Sort of a news break here.  There are a lot of posts in this thread per unit of time (people chatting, trying to entertain, I suppose, etc.), so I offer the following knowing that this presentation occurred yesterday (22 April 2020), and I think it hasn't been posted here before. 

There's a lot to wade through, but then again, what else are you doing with your spare time...except playing good music?  Start at minute 6:15 to get past the BS advertising.  It seems as if YouTube (or this video itself) seems to be running a bit slow on indexing through it, I'd recommend jumping to minute 6:15 and watching without jumping around. The questions at the very end are informative and really relevant to many people, so I recommend staying around for those.  Overall, very good and comforting news, but the bad news is: we're looking at one year for drugs and vaccines in quantity, minimum...

Chris

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:
23 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

is farting after eating a can of beans a symptom of the virus?

Absolutely  maybe. 

Only if you can measure the temp of the fart by lighting it

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

The stores are supposed to be getting cleaned through the night. 

I know what is supposed to be happening.  How about partitioning vs partitioning by giving only 10hrs a day and 13-14hrs of cleaning.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

is farting after eating a can of beans a symptom of the virus?

No. But does permit the highest level of social distancing and a strict stay at home order. Fourteen days after initial eruption — 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1