Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

1 minute ago, pzannucci said:

Just what the doctor ordered to take your mind off stuff.

Pfff.   The mental wrath of home schooling a 6 year old and trying to keep him away from Ipad is worse.  Teachers and obviously all health care workers are shamefully overlooked these days, hopefully that will change after this.    Hair people too!  Im damn close to going full GI Joe soon with my Dog clippers.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Sometimes ridicule is deserved, and sometimes a proper use of sarcasm should be demonstrated.

I agree. And sometimes you remember what an expensive shoe tastes like in your mouth, and sometimes you dont. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Max2 said:

Oh yeah, the Garden and grass like it too!   Come to think of it, I think we have a good ripper coming in later tonight.  May have to designate it a Bourbon night so I can stay up. Big wind and possible Tornado's for us southern crowd

Yes the plants do like it, I even read somewhere metal tomato stakes have an affect on the plants, a direct hit would not be good. They said it had something to do with static electricity, If I remember that correctly.

I love to be on the porch during thunderstorms, we did that about a week ago and there was lightning about every couple of seconds. It was so often i turned off the porch and front of the house lights which made it much easier to watch the lightning flashes. After about 10 minutes the wife got up and went inside, the lightning was close and without the lights on was quite a bit more dramatic,  which she was not so happy about. (chicken)......... It was cool. 

They say when a thunderstorm is heading your way or off in a distance and it seems like you can smell the rain your really smelling the Ozone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Yes the plants do like it, I even read somewhere metal tomato stakes have an affect on the plants. They said it had something to do with static electricity, If I remember that correctly.

I love to be on the porch during thunderstorms, we did that about a week ago and there was lightning about every couple of seconds. It was so often i turned off the porch and front of the house lights which made it much easier to watch the lightning flashes. After about 10 minutes the wife got up and went inside, the lightning was close and without the lights on was quite a bit more dramatic,  which she was not so happy about. It was cool. 

They say when a thunderstorm is heading your way or off in a distance and it seems like you can smell the rain your really smelling the Ozone.

Oh its entertainment around here for many and I too love a good Storm. However, I dont want that giant drill bit from the sky to drop down on me. I have a shelter at my office, but I will be hiding under the stairs at my home.  Interesting tidbit you mentioned on steel stakes.  I was planning on transferring peppers and squash this weekend, but may be too wet after this.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Max2 said:

Interesting tidbit you mentioned on steel stakes.

Might need to look into that, it was along time ago I read about it just to make sure, I would hate to cause a lightning strike in your garden.

I use 1" pvc, mostly because they can be used over and over for years, and I had a bunch.

15 minutes ago, dtel said:

love to be on the porch during thunderstorms, we did that about a week ago and there was lightning about every couple of seconds.

when one of my kids was very small, I was outside holding her while a storm was brewing. lightening struck a bit too close, it was as if I could feel it -- a very violent feeling.  I knew it was time to get inside -- especially for my daughter's sake. 

Another time, I was driving with my wife and the weather suddenly got very bad. It was raining so hard that I couldn't see. I was afraid to pull over because I didn't know what was on the side of the road, so I just slowed down and prayed that nobody would rear-end us.

Then there's the time the military sent me to our homeport to get a discharge physical. a bunch of us guys were in a van during a white out.  we finally stopped and it was a good thing because we were in someone's front yard about 25 yards from a building. Finally made it to a gas station/convenience store that stayed open and the place had several travelers there waiting out the blizzard. Never forget that trip. Not during the blizzard part; but one of the guys said to stop because he decided to go to his parents house (a long ways off) and that he'd hitchhike. The rest of us got to the town we were going to and they dropped me off and said "okay, we're retuning to the boat on Sunday."  It was winter and I had NO money on me ... not a cent. I thought the van would make a return trip that day (it was a several hour drive from where out boat was to the homeport city). I got my physical and walked to a local motel and asked if anyone from the boat was there. They said yes, so I went to that room and asked if I could hang out. They said yes and then found out that the boat had chartered a bus for people to get back that day. Then some gal one of the guys knew gave him a bunch of fried chicken so the ride back was much more comfortable. 

I'd hate to do that again at this age, but at 18 years old, it was just another adventure. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Discussions of something being developed by China (yes but) apparently US and UK are right behind.  Apparently can provide at least a period of time when COVID can not infect you and can be approved much more quickly.  Maybe bridge to a full vaccine.  That would be nice.

Bad part is I saw it on TV but can not find references on the web.  At first blush, sounds better than just Oxy or Rendesivir.

On the US Gov trials website I linked earlier there is a trial in US from plasma from people who had Covid-19 and recovered,  I believe trials also in Uk and China, could that be it?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Max2 said:

I have been keeping my shop doors closed a little longer with a good bit of welding going on. Trying to soak up all the Ozone I can. A bit it my lungs and a bit soaked in my clothes :)

Serious question,  don't they use ozone to disinfect medical air tubes and breathing equipment?

I would think it would kill bacteria and mold, but a virus? Anyone know?

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

Serious question,  don't they use ozone to disinfect medical air tubes and breathing equipment?

I would think it would kill bacteria and mold, but a virus? Anyone know?

Well the ozone layer in the atmosphere is the sole defense allowing the Earth's oceans r to remain on the planet and not escape to outer space. There is some kind of molecular action that occurs when water vapor tries to escape Earth's gravity. That's one reason why the scientists were so hyper about fixing the ozone layer. How do I know this? PHD lectures by Case Western Reserve University on PBS World. So maybe ozone will work in the bloodstream. Like Lysol. (The Lysol thing  is humor by the way)

JJK

• Like 2

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Well the ozone layer in the atmosphere is the sole defense allowing the Earth's oceans r to remain on the planet and not escape to outer space. There is some kind of molecular action that occurs when water vapor tries to escape Earth's gravity. That's one reason why the scientists were so hyper about fixing the ozone layer. How do I know this? PHD lectures by Case Western Reserve University on PBS World. So maybe ozone will work in the bloodstream. Like Lysol. (The Lysol thing  is humor by the way)

JJK

Ozone is a gas, they do use it to disinfect medical appliance air and O2 tubing.  

They add humidity to air and O2 lines. You either have to throw away or disinfect with gas because liquid disinfectant in an air tube is not a good thing.