Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

Around here, most people put their masks and gloves on before leaving home and don’t take them off until they are back inside.  It’s rare to see someone driving without both.  

Markets are back to severely limiting purchases of beef, pork and chicken as people are panicking in response to articles like the following which suggest massive food shortages before long.  The Costco, on the rare occasions they have any fresh chicken, limits the purchase to one item per card holder per 24 hours.   

I predict NJ will be one of the first states to experience rioting when there is no food to be had.  I still believe that this situation is being created with intent (but I’m just an old, cranky guy who has seen much).

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/23/meat-shortage-coronavirus-shutdowns-205689

Maynard

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

Around here, most people put their masks and gloves on before leaving home and don’t take them off until they are back inside.  It’s rare to see someone driving without both.  

Markets are back to severely limiting purchases of beef, pork and chicken as people are panicking in response to articles like the following which suggest massive food shortages before long.  The Costco, on the rare occasions they have any fresh chicken, limits the purchase to one item per card holder per 24 hours.   

I predict NJ will be one of the first states to experience rioting when there is no food to be had.  I still believe that this situation is being created with intent (but I’m just an old, cranky guy who has seen much).

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/23/meat-shortage-coronavirus-shutdowns-205689

Maynard

You are correct, it is being created with intent.  Nobody wants to take a cut of the money (that cut will be forced down the chain) to produce and go to market with food.  This is because the market, due to all the restaurants and things closing, has shrunk and throughput due to putting proper measures in place to handle coronavirus like not working so close together, puts additional pressure on it.  Shrink the market and prices go up if everyone is to make the same they did before.  

Everyone is juggling with how to do this and it is a change, what is currently in the pipeline and ground is going to suffer until everyone across the board is going to grapple with managing the costs, taking a smaller piece of the profit, and allowing it to get down to the producer/farmer.

Additional pressures are put on costs that would have to raise in that scenario as the customer doesn't want to pay as much as they need for that food (26million new unemployment benefits) so guess what, there's going to be production disruptions until people and business learn how to manage this (hopefully short term) current normal.  

My 2cents.

9 hours ago, dtel said:

Part of what I liked about pilgrimage, you meet someone and stand a foot or two away from and no keyboard or internet between you and them,  they seem to have a different attitude.

I won't name who, but one time we pulled up at the hotel before pilgrimage and opened the trunk to take out the suitcases to bring to the room. A guy walks up and introduce himself, sticking out his hand, I shook it and at the same time told him i think you are an a** hole. He looked quite shocked so I explained why do you have to act like an a** all the time, it get's old.

After harassing him for a few minutes I started feeling guilty he was getting really upset. He promised he would change and asked me to give him a chance so I said sure. I was kind of nice to him the rest of the weekend i felt so bad I gave him such a hard time. 

But it was only one weekend for him and years of dealing with him online for me we have talked since and he seems to be doing better. 

Thanks dtel.....I have been trying.  Thanks for noticing!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, dtel said:

Part of what I liked about pilgrimage, you meet someone and stand a foot or two away from and no keyboard or internet between you and them,  they seem to have a different attitude.

I won't name who, but one time we pulled up at the hotel before pilgrimage and opened the trunk to take out the suitcases to bring to the room. A guy walks up and introduce himself, sticking out his hand, I shook it and at the same time told him i think you are an a** hole. He looked quite shocked so I explained why do you have to act like an a** all the time, it get's old.

After harassing him for a few minutes I started feeling guilty he was getting really upset. He promised he would change and asked me to give him a chance so I said sure. I was kind of nice to him the rest of the weekend i felt so bad I gave him such a hard time. 

But it was only one weekend for him and years of dealing with him online for me we have talked since and he seems to be doing better. 

It must have been a difficult conversation to have, but I have definitely seen an improvement in Tarheel's attitude since then.

• Haha 3

There have been a few recent ‘studies’ conducted and presented that concluded that the covid19 rate of infection is much higher than documented. They claimed to have demonstrated that there’s a huge number of positive covid19 cases afield that have been totally asymptomatic and decided that the lethality of the disease was no worse than the influenza. These studies have now been academically reviewed and resoundingly debunked.

What is happening is a rush to study the disease, to understand the disease. And to aid in this effort the science community has afforded papers/research about covid19 fast track status. And not unexpectedly academics want a hunk of this ‘publication’ pie to bolster their careers and they are conducting quick and shoddy work resulting in lousy conclusions. If you consider the presented results of the work it is enough to give you pause. The papers indicated that there were 55 to 85 times the number of covid19 infections that have gone undetected. That wide range alone points to ‘iffy’ work. One of these studies recruited community participants on Facebook so they could obtain their sample base quickly. Essentially they requested people to participate who thought they’d had the disease and not a random blind sampling. They knew this was errant and corrected it mathematically, or so they thought. Anyway that was just the start of a methodology that compounded errors to an egregious level so bad that the researchers have damaged their careers.

So the papers are debunked and their results are considered useless. So we still have no answers as to rates of infection resulting in ‘no’ symptoms, moderate symptoms, severe symptoms or fatalities.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

There have been a few recent ‘studies’ conducted and presented that concluded that the covid19 rate of infection is much higher than documented. They claimed to have demonstrated that there’s a huge number of positive covid19 cases afield that have been totally asymptomatic and decided that the lethality of the disease was no worse than the influenza. These studies have now been academically reviewed and resoundingly debunked.

What is happening is a rush to study the disease, to understand the disease. And to aid in this effort the science community has afforded papers/research about covid19 fast track status. And not unexpectedly academics want a hunk of this ‘publication’ pie to bolster their careers and they are conducting quick and shoddy work resulting in lousy conclusions. If you consider the presented results of the work it is enough to give you pause. The papers indicated that there were 55 to 85 times the number of covid19 infections that have gone undetected. That wide range alone points to ‘iffy’ work. One of these studies recruited community participants on Facebook so they could obtain their sample base quickly. Essentially they requested people to participate who thought they’d had the disease and not a random blind sampling. They knew this was errant and corrected it mathematically, or so they thought. Anyway that was just the start of a methodology that compounded errors to an egregious level so bad that the researchers have damaged their careers.

So the papers are debunked and their results are considered useless. So we still have no answers as to rates of infection resulting in ‘no’ symptoms, moderate symptoms, severe symptoms or fatalities.

There is more than one random sampling.  To me that means they are not debunked, just another amount of work that needs examining.  California's study, Mass., etc.  The one on Facebook would be the one I wouldn't hang my hat on.

Until we do more large random samplings, unsolicited, nothing is either true or not.

Current testing not being allowed until we decide if you are the right demographic with 800 additional symptoms that might fit covid, is just garbage.  That's why I can't even look at all the publicity around the "Cases" number.  It is all junk.

I really wish someone would do the right thing and do a real random sample, is several hot spots in the US... NY, LA, Austin, Portland, Atlanta, San Fransico, and Miami.  Those would be the ones I would pay attention to.  This "Cases" number is totally skewed as is the "COVID" induced deaths.

3 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

There is more than one random sampling.  To me that means they are not debunked, just another amount of work that needs examining.  California's study, Mass., etc.  The one on Facebook would be the one I wouldn't hang my hat on.

Until we do more large random samplings, unsolicited, nothing is either true or not.

Current testing not being allowed until we decide if you are the right demographic with 800 additional symptoms that might fit covid, is just garbage.  That's why I can't even look at all the publicity around the "Cases" number.  It is all junk.

I really wish someone would do the right thing and do a real random sample, is several hot spots in the US... NY, LA, Austin, Portland, Atlanta, San Fransico, and Miami.  Those would be the ones I would pay attention to.  This "Cases" number is totally skewed as is the "COVID" induced deaths.

BTW, the reasons I chose those cities was due to either major international airports or hot beds of tech which draw / transit between other countries, in particular China.

Another problem is that we shut down the health industry to deal with this... Now you have a ton of folks that work in hospitals, Drs, Dentists, that have not been working.  Was that to keep people out of the waiting rooms or was that to have them and other resources available in case?  Now we have the problem of restarting all this along with how many people were not able to go get procedures done for debilitating stuff that is now festered and worse after this period of time due to it being elective? 

Maybe Sweden got it right because we in the US are not nimble enough to manage it.

• Like 1