Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
CECAA850

Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

Recommended Posts

Not quite: from Politico on 3/31 (and numerous other sources):
 

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, revealed on Tuesday that the White House coronavirus task force is seriously considering guidance that Americans wear masks to help thwart the rapid spread of COVID-19.

 

But the country’s top infectious disease expert also acknowledged that such a directive has been complicated by the nationwide dearth of personal protective equipment.

 

“The idea of getting a much more broad, community-wide use of masks outside of the health care setting is under very active discussion at the task force. The CDC group is looking at that very carefully,” Fauci told CNN.

 

“The thing that has inhibited that a bit is to make sure that we don’t take away the supply of masks from the health care workers who need them,” he continued. “But once we get in a situation where we have enough masks, I believe there will be some very serious consideration about more broadening this recommendation of using masks.”

 

And don't forget the Taskforce includes 21 other individuals. 


Not sure what you mean by “not quite”. There was no recommendation from Fauci to wear masks up until a few weeks ago. In fact, at one point he was advising against it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sputnik said:


Perhaps to live to fight another day in order to work from the inside to prevent a complete train wreck and I don’t recall that he was that late in recommending PPE.  If he called BS, he would’ve been gone.  It’s well known that within the Trump circle, advisors have to tread lightly to soothe Trump’s ego in order to be effective eventually where it matters. 

The rest of the world was using PPE / masks while Fauci was still saying there was no need to wear one. I can't see where anyone can rightfully blame Trump for Fauci's words. 

 

6 hours ago, Deang said:

They don't show the unknowns, but do show the knowns. We certainly have known cases and known deaths. It's not like they're imaginary. 

 

People saying that they got this virus last year. I point out that it couldn't have been the Wuhan Virus because whatever they had didn't have the death rate that is accompanying the Wuhan Virus. The problem that I have with the numbers now is that the reporting is not trustworthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KlipschFish said:

There has been some increased testing in the state over the last 4-5 days. Corrected.

Still mostly worthless.  As you said we know nothing... other than there continue to be cases.  It is going to be that way until we develop immunity or get a cure.

The only time the test numbers are something you can actually refer to is when you can test everyone (or a very large sample) not just sample the folks that show some flu like symptoms.  That's why I just look at the numbers to see that they are going up because if they aren't, there is something wrong.  The hospitalizations and the deaths are the key because we need to keep it manageable so we can reopen stuff.

The more you test, the more you'll find as the random testing has shown so the daily numbers are totally skewed by that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dtel said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/twitter-suspends-account-biotech-company-testing-uv-light-treat-coronavirus

 

Twitter has suspended the account of a Colorado biotech company which is working with Cedars-Sinai to test and develop a potential coronavirus treatment using UV light inserted into the lungs - the same week as Homeland Security's head of Science and Technology, Bill Bryan, suggested that UV light could have a significant affect on viruses such as COVID-19.

 

.

Everyone has their agenda as i pointed out earlier.  I'm sure there was a good reason 🙂

 

It makes more sense to not show progress or random samples showing a large number of asymptomatics/people who have had it because it makes for a bigger story if it is out of control.  

 

Maybe this was for our own protection since someone may try to swallow a gro-lite like fish bowl cleaner.  They better make sure there is good insulation on the wire since they are 120 volt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Okay, this was my home for a long time ... there are plenty of sunny and warm days, and there can be others, unless you get sick & die. 

Stay home folks ... let’s get this over with and then we can get back to our normal routine. 

Crowds of beachgoers and surfers flocked to the Huntington Beach coast over the weekend as hot weather descended over the region. While officials urged people to adhere to social distancing measures, local news and various photos shared online indicated that many were less than six feet apart and not wearing face masks or coverings.

 

Newport Beach lifeguards estimated that roughly 40,000 people arrived on Friday to enjoy the sun. "It's crowded out," Newport Beach lifeguard battalion chief Brian O'Rourke told NBC News, adding that lifeguards haven't encouraged many issues with social distancing as they've been primarily focused on watching the water. "We've had dozens of ocean rescues and hundreds of preventative actions," he said.

Beaches remain closed and empty in Los Angeles County and local officials have requested their citizens refrain from driving to other counties with eased stay-at-home restrictions for sunbathing and beach time.

Never going away until we are immune or there is something to eradicate it.  Can't stay locked up for a year or two so I guess folks need to go for the immunity.  Hopefully they are in good shape and have good immune systems.

 

We'll be able to see the results with this, Georgia, Jacksonville beach and others.  Keep an eye on the numbers in the next 6-14 days.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dave A said:

That's nice Dean but on the same web site a year earlier we have

"The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated 45 million influenza illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths (Table: Estimated Influenza Disease Burden, by Season — United States, 2010-11 through 2017-18 Influenza Seasons)."

 

   If you care to look you can find outraged people whose loved ones have died of things like heart attacks but they are being listed as Wuhan virus deaths. Question, if you have severe diabetes, congestive heart problems and are overweight and you are in a nursing home for these things in New York and the following happens. The RH is forced to take a Wuhan virus patient in because they are not allowed to refuse them. Now they also do not have any way to treat these patients with severe quarantine measures either because they used to send those people to hospitals who were equipped to do this. Now this person dies from Wuhan virus because any little thing could tip them over and for these people Wuhan is not a tiny thing.

 

  So Dave is putting on his question what you read hat and asking just how bogus are the numbers being collected when this person did not die from Wuhan but died from Cuomo inflicting a fatal disease upon him. 25% of the deaths in the hardest hit state in the USA are old folk places. They have another kook like Cuomo running Washington where there are also lots of old folk deaths and I wonder why. Death rate for Pneumonia is higher than Wuhan so there is that too.

Precisely.  Back to making sure it looks like we are out of control.  I will give you that a portion COVID may have been the straw that broke the camel's back but many of these folks would have died anyway.

 

Everyone is going to try to justify the shutdown because there were not 2M deaths.  What is worse, there will be factions that will continue to use this and other data, no matter how skewed, to justify keeping the lock down in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dtel's wife said:
6 hours ago, michaelwardjoines said:
Not quite: from Politico on 3/31 (and numerous other sources):
 

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, revealed on Tuesday that the White House coronavirus task force is seriously considering guidance that Americans wear masks to help thwart the rapid spread of COVID-19.

 

But the country’s top infectious disease expert also acknowledged that such a directive has been complicated by the nationwide dearth of personal protective equipment.

 

“The idea of getting a much more broad, community-wide use of masks outside of the health care setting is under very active discussion at the task force. The CDC group is looking at that very carefully,” Fauci told CNN.

 

“The thing that has inhibited that a bit is to make sure that we don’t take away the supply of masks from the health care workers who need them,” he continued. “But once we get in a situation where we have enough masks, I believe there will be some very serious consideration about more broadening this recommendation of using masks.”

 

And don't forget the Taskforce includes 21 other individuals. 


Not sure what you mean by “not quite”. There was no recommendation from Fauci to wear masks up until a few weeks ago. In fact, at one point he was advising against it.

The operative phrase "considering guidance" is not the same as saying it would be helpful so start covering up your face.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They knew that there was a shortage of N95 masks that were capable of keeping the virus our IF used correctly and wanted to reserve those for our healthcare workers..... even then they did not have enough. Rather than wearing masks they advised the public to keep separated and essentially isolate. Too hard for too many souls - apparently. So they decide people should wear homemade masks when outdoors just to keep their germs from being widely broadcast.......... people complain about having to do that.

 

Is America going to suffer a 2nd spike of covid19? Quite likely - for certain. The gov’t fault? Nope. Looks more like America’s education system has dumbed down enough people that it is too hard to apply common sense for their own welfare. You can’t fix stupid - but covid19 can and will, eliminate much of it.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://vidmax.com/video/195135-er-physician-drops-multiple-covid-19-bombshells-calls-out-fauci-in-public?utm_source=whatfinger

 

  Deliberately lie about the numbers to make things seem worse. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

They knew that there was a shortage of N95 masks that were capable of keeping the virus our IF used correctly and wanted to reserve those for our healthcare workers..... even then they did not have enough. Rather than wearing masks they advised the public to keep separated and essentially isolate. Too hard for too many souls - apparently. So they decide people should wear homemade masks when outdoors just to keep their germs from being widely broadcast.......... people complain about having to do that.

 

 

I don't like to feel like a mushroom and being fead bull....  If you want to save the masks for healthcare workers, at least at the beginning point out that likely covering the face would be helpful.  Just don't tell me that covering the face and not wearing a mask is fine.  The mask is useless... bunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dave A said:

I've been saying that.  Their testing methodology and manipulation of the facts (mostly due to methodology, reporting, and graphs) are used to keep the pressure on.  Don't want to admit and face the music that a lot of this might have been a mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think one thing we can all agree on is that Fauci mislead us about wearing masks, for whatever reason and at whatever time. Whether you believe the masks are necessary or not necessary we were mislead.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

I think one thing we can all agree on is that Fauci mislead us about wearing masks, for whatever reason and at whatever time. Whether you believe the masks are necessary or not necessary we were mislead.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a mystery to me why so many snakes are allowed to remain. The more this goes on the more we can see how bad this deep state thing really is. Fauci is another career govt official who has been there way to long. Drain the swamp.

https://newspunch.com/wikileaks-dr-fauci-sent-series-love-letters-hillary-clinton/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

People saying that they got this virus last year. I point out that it couldn't have been the Wuhan Virus because whatever they had didn't have the death rate that is accompanying the Wuhan Virus. The problem that I have with the numbers now is that the reporting is not trustworthy. 

Precisely and how are we to know the death rate is higher when known liars are saying "no, believe us this time"!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And what amazes me is that some people are lamenting that Team Benghazi was not in charge of this and hope to put Team Benghazi back in the drivers seat. It WAS Team Benghazi who used our pandemic supplies and failed to replace them. They groomed much of this mess and pretty much failed at everything else and had no problems lying about anything.

 

So I guess it comes down to pick your political poison. But based upon performance I’ll accept bluster man over anyone else and especially anyone entrenched in Washington politics as usual.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another.

https://the-satoshi-times.com/2020/04/26/john-mcafee-nyc-death-rate-200-times-higher-than-the-worlds-10-largest-cities/?utm_source=whatfinger

 

 Now last time I looked DeBlasio was another DNC approved avowed socialist running the joint with a corrupt wife who has yet to be made accountable for the 1B$ just missing.

https://www.redstate.com/slee/2019/03/05/bill-de-blasios-wife-case-missing-850-million-taxpayer-money/

 

And while on the same search page right below this one for major laughs there is this....

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/bill-de-blasio-proud-marriage-lesbian-article-1.1217297

 

  If you were a writer of fiction and wanted to present a dysfunctional group of grasping villains for your story all you would have to do is borrow the daily news from the woke and you would be 90% there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

And what amazes me is that some people are lamenting that Team Benghazi was not in charge of this and hope to put Team Benghazi back in the drivers seat. It WAS Team Benghazi who used our pandemic supplies and failed to replace them. They groomed much of this mess and pretty much failed at everything else and had no problems lying about anything.

 

So I guess it comes down to pick your political poison. But based upon performance I’ll accept bluster man over anyone else and especially anyone entrenched in Washington politics as usual.

Nicely put... lol.  

More swamp creatures.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Another.

https://the-satoshi-times.com/2020/04/26/john-mcafee-nyc-death-rate-200-times-higher-than-the-worlds-10-largest-cities/?utm_source=whatfinger

 

 Now last time I looked DeBlasio was another DNC approved avowed socialist running the joint with a corrupt wife who has yet to be made accountable for the 1B$ just missing.

https://www.redstate.com/slee/2019/03/05/bill-de-blasios-wife-case-missing-850-million-taxpayer-money/

 

And while on the same search page right below this one for major laughs there is this....

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/bill-de-blasio-proud-marriage-lesbian-article-1.1217297

 

  If you were a writer of fiction and wanted to present a dysfunctional group of grasping villains for your story all you would have to do is borrow the daily news from the woke and you would be 90% there.

I was wondering about in particular, your first item.  Pretty steep.  You have to wonder how the numbers were concocted.  Not sure there is a better word for it than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pzannucci said:

I was wondering about in particular, your first item.  Pretty steep.  You have to wonder how the numbers were concocted.  Not sure there is a better word for it than that.

OK did you try disproving what he said? I don't like what I read either but  that is because I have no way to disprove what he said. Remember this bunch of snakes is a group that "never lets a crisis go to waste" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...