Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

54 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I do not understand this at all.

Nor do I.  One employee is pissed at their relatives because they don't want to get together with the whole family at Christmas.  Most of what I see is fueled by selfishness.

27 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

IMHO people who refused to wear masks should be at the back of the line for vaccinations.

I doubt  they will take the vaccine - unless it becomes mandatory to vaccine everybody to stop the pandemic -

6 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

I doubt  they will take the vaccine - unless it becomes mandatory to vaccine everybody to stop the pandemic -

Can't you just see the hogwrestle that would be...

What are you going to do use a dartgun...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Thought you were hinting when you said taking it. There is also a nasal spray some are working on.

Of course, no pill dropping in their food or drink, spy style.

And then, not all will take it.

"This man is dying of COVID, we will do violent chest compressions and see how much we can shoot into the air!"

The nice thing about a heroin addict is that I don't have to worry about catching it as I'm talking to them. That is a crazy number though, we had the same problem in Dayton a couple of years ago.

Italy will be doing mandatory vaccinations, with threat of jail, and right now, if you are caught leaving city limits, it's a 600 euro fine.

• Sad 1

Some time ago, my brother sent a comment he saw online:

"Imagine if you will:

A vaccine so safe you have to be threatened, to take it,"

"for a disease so deadly, you have to be tested to know if you have it"

• Like 2

Deaths due to overdoses are up here, too, with 55% of ODs occurring in private homes.  The health ministry has messages on TV and radio telling people to never use hard drugs alone, but COVID means some people are home alone, and they slip away in silence.

Vancouver has asked permission to allow possession of small amounts of ANY drug, in an effort to bring users out of the shadows, so they can get help.  More and more countries are seeing that Portugal’s experiment of legalizing All drugs over 15 years ago is a success, with drug use reducing and ODs becoming fewer, as hard drug use is treated as a health issue, not a crime issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Brother just returned from his check up with oncologist. Doc said he's not getting head of the line privileges for vaccination because after his surgery, he technically doesn't have cancer and being in early 60s, he's not old enough for his age to be a qualifying factor. Kinda funny, since the surgeon told him "if you get this virus, you will die."

Also, oncologist said that he had his vaccine over the weekend and hasn't turned into a lizard yet. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Deang said:

If he was fighting cancer, he would have been immunocompromised. Even worse if he was on chemo.

for sure ... the chemo was rough on him. he did the chemo and radiation before the surgery. no evidence of the cancer spreading, so doc said "consider yourself cancer free."

tons of other complications though ... they had to remove his esophagus and 1/3 of his stomach and make a new esophagus and relocate all that plumbing. his stomach is now way higher up his torso than before. eight hour surgery and a LONG recovery period -- he's okay now, in a sense. No cancer; but the surgery resulted in very serious reflux. Doc said he'll never be able to lie flat again ... he has to sleep at a minimum of 35 degrees. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

Some time ago, my brother sent a comment he saw online:

"Imagine if you will:

A vaccine so safe you have to be threatened, to take it,"

"for a disease so deadly, you have to be tested to know if you have it"

Ironically most people do not know they have terminal cancer until it’s too late. Covid19 is an infectious disease than can kill quickly or show no symptoms but everyone can help to control its spread. So what’s the problem? You are part of the solution or part of the problem and being part of the solution is so simple you’d have to be a fool not to participate.

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Brother just returned from his check up with oncologist. Doc said he's not getting head of the line privileges for vaccination because after his surgery, he technically doesn't have cancer and being in early 60s, he's not old enough for his age to be a qualifying factor. Kinda funny, since the surgeon told him "if you get this virus, you will die."

go higher up at the hospital ,  the Gvnmt  decides who get's it first  , not the Doctors -

So today is the funeral for my friend who passed from COVID. I was shocked they were having a “gathering” read funeral for someone who just died from a virus that feeds from close contact situations. Which leaves the unenviable decision on whether to attend, or not.

We believe our best option is to attend the preceding visitation, arrive earlier than announced, pay our respects and leave. Ten, fifteen minutes tops. Of course masked at all times. Even this has me uneasy but what’s the difference in grocery or Costco shopping a couple times a month? Although I don’t feel the family made a sound decision here. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1