Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

11 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, I don't think the main issue they are dealing with is censorship as much as being responsible for what people post--Alot of misinformation being conveyed as news on Facebook and Twitter. I'm on Facebook and there were several conspiracy theories and misinformation on the pandemic I COMPLETELY understand them flagging or talking down. That's my take.

Sounds like a full time job!

On 12/24/2020 at 2:53 PM, Bosco-d-gama said:
On 12/24/2020 at 2:14 PM, tube fanatic said:

And, Billybob, I have found that when such ideas are put forth by those who have the power to make them a reality, we better watch out.  

I won’t be around the rest of the day, so feel free to criticize!  

Maynard

I would

Thanks and since is a rare occurrence where you address me, I will.

Everything should be fine. Or at least, as it can be given the circumstances. One cannot control everything nor should they try. Enough just to exercise control of those things we can.

Know this may come off as non-fatalistic, but most often, and on an almost daily basis there is news that can be taken as positive. Let the alarmist have their day. A new day is coming, and while not perfect, it will surely be better than the recent past. Hope this will suit your perception of criticism.

So, only the very best to you and yours Maynard. Thanks!

Billy

We are getting cards that will allow all of our employees to get vaccinated... starting today. Our county actually had a location on the weekend that would allow anyone to come and get the shots, no allocation card required.

We will only get about 70 cards a week, but we have 645 active employees. That will take a while for all of the staff to be vaccinated, but you have to start somewhere.

So, what was important for the public to understand about how covid19 would impact their country and their personal lives? IMHO it was/is the comprehension of how lethal the disease is. How many people are dying because covid19 is here this year as opposed to prior years? This way they could respond appropriately.

Some could argue that giving the public too much information is not necessary as long as you can demand/require their obedience to the proper public health guidelines. China avers that because of their authoritarian system that the public needs to know nothing. And that may indeed work for their citizens but certainly not for the rest of the world who truly does need to know the complete scenario to properly respond. In this regard China did not care or, perhaps, did not want the west to properly intervene in time to avert a serious pandemic. In between we have Russia that chose to use information control not so much to actually care for their populace but to make the government appear to be more successful in managing the disease. In America we had covid19 become politicized and the accurate data deployed in near malicious fashion to bolster vote counts. That resulted in more chaos than managed control/containment.

Interesting to witness history in the making.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55474028

China and even India  are closer to 3 billion , it is mind boggling how many resources are needed to tackle covid 19  in such an overpopulated area of the planet -

the death rates should have been in the millions , not the hundreds of thousands  -  and the faster they vaccinate the combined populations of 3 billion ,  the better we will be in the end -

until the entire planet is vaccinated , including the poorer countries  -we are not out of the woods yet , far from it -

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:
5 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

We do not want this level of communication censorship in America but things do seem headed in this direction. 

Exponentially.

What are you guys talking about? I don't see scientific information being censored in the Media and NOTHING that compares to China.

11 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

What are you guys talking about? I don't see scientific information being censored in the Media and NOTHING that compares to China.

There may be a gag soon on the 1st amendment.

Maybe he can be stopped...

Hope this clears things up.

Edited by billybob
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

It's simple confusion about what censorship actually is.  The first amendment lays it out.  Individuals, and corporations, are all allowed to say what they want (within the defined limits of case law).  Censorship only comes from the government (by law).   Most don't understand this.  So, for those so inclined to believe, where is this "exponential" direction of censorship evidence can you put down on the table?  There has been some lately, I will agree.  It is most obvious in the political meddling of what the CDC has been allowed to publish.  Actual censorship comes from the government, by definition, so if one sees an exponential direction of censorship,  then you know where to look.  The closing line is one of my brother's favorite lines...."on whose watch..."lol.  Rtards are often amusing.  On whose watch indeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I don't see scientific information being censored in the Media

How can you see something that's censored, LOL.  (I say, I say, I say that's a joke son).

Stories that don't get reported due to media bias is the same thing as censorship.  It's a slippery slope.