Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

Prosecutor: Wisconsin pharmacist thought vaccine was unsafe

A Wisconsin pharmacist convinced the world was “crashing down” told police he tried to ruin hundreds of doses of coronavirus vaccine because he believed the shots would mutate people’s DNA -

https://apnews.com/article/wisconsin-pharmacist-steven-brandenburg-ac00faee3cf10a9558665d472123b96c

5 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

when in December I wonder. I heard it takes 10 days to be 50% successful and you're not at the 90% mark until the second dose (according to Pfizer or Moderna, can't recall which said it).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

when in December I wonder. I heard it takes 10 days to be 50% successful and you're not at the 90% mark until the second dose (according to Pfizer or Moderna, can't recall which said it).

December the 23rd --------Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine -her booster shot was sheduled this week -- -I'll stick with  the Moderna vaccine -

--https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/12/23/covid-vaccine-priority-congress/

The non-invasive pressurized O2 systems used to treat covid19 patients keeping them from requiring intubation and mechanical ventilation require high flows of oxygen. High flow means 60 + liters per minute of a specific oxygen %. It’s not that the patient requires ALL that gas to live. But if you do not meet the patients peak inspiratory flow rate they will draw down the positive pressure in their circuit ruining the purpose of the therapy. And covid19 patients breath fast and they cough a lot both of which result in very high inspratory flow rates.

I am stunned to learn that in Southern California they are running low of medical grade oxygen because of covid19. They use industrial processes to produce, supply and service hospitals and it is not enough. Worse is that hospitals keep liquid oxygen in bulk and their systems that return the liquid back to gaseous form are freezing and they require additional effort to keep them actually running correctly. 

https://www.foxnews.com/health/la-county-ambulance-crews-told-to-ration-oxygen-transports-amid-overwhelmed-hospitals-report

Curfew!

Quebec has imposed a curfew from 8pm - 5am until February

And I think we are headed that way in Ontario

that is, after they vaccinate the incarcerated before the healthcare workers...

Ya, that’s right, the same PM that failed to secure domestic production wants to protect the felons from Covid BEFORE all of the most vulnerable law-abiding citizens are vaccinated

Just so you know..........   oxygen therapy.  O2 therapy is done in two ways.

We have ‘low’ flow oxygen delivery where 100% oxygen is administered and the patient takes up what they can of that supply. Those nasal cannula’ s work this way. They can accept and deliver up to 6 or 7 liters per minute of 100% oxygen. As it is breathed in by the patient it is often diluted with room air. The therapy is evaluated using O2 saturation monitors. Low flow O2 encompasses masks too, including simple and non rebreather type masks. We just blow a bunch of oxygen at the patient to make sure they get enough O2. 

High flow O2 therapy is where a specific % of O2 is delivered to the patient by any number of systems including mechanical ventilators. Enough flow of O2 is delivered to the patient that we’re certain that is exactly the amount of O2 they receive.  We can use masks or tents or whatever to deliver the gas to the patient. The goal is to make sure that the patient gets adequate O2 into their body which is measured by O2 saturation sensors. But - with high flow O2 we can derive a host of clinical values. We know what they breathe in and we can measure what they get by blood gases studies. We can measure arterial or venous or mixed venous blood gases. We could collect the exhaled gases and measure the amount of oxygen exhaled. The differences between inhaled and uptake or arterial versus mixed venous allows us to trend the course of a disease and/or a host of cardiac values. We can then see what therapy is working and what is not working.

The types of oxygen therapy deployed for covid19 are the high flow devices in form of CPAP systems and partial or full ventilatory support. As an aside the ‘high flow’ O2 blender was invented by Forrest Bird MD, PhD in the 60’s and it is still utilized today. It requires 50 psi compressed air and 50 psi compressed O2 and it delivers more perfectly blended oxygen gas than any patient could ever need......... as long as it is getting 50 psi oxygen, which is part of the problem here. BTW modern ventilators all have their own built in O2 blenders and they all require 50 psi compressed air and oxygen.

https://www.inverse.com/mind-body/covid19-oxygen-shortage-explained

Quebec locks down further, fearing a collapse of its hospitals

A 8 p.m.-5 a.m. curfew will go into effect on Saturday January the 9th  2021 , Restaurants, gyms, theaters and most retail stores will remain closed for at least four weeks. Legault calls it "shock therapy" that he hopes will not need to be extended.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/06/americas/quebec-coronavirus/index.html