Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

25 minutes ago, Marvel said:

How old is that? Fox News?

The WHO has 1678 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the US and 41 deaths as of yesterday afternoon. We just haven't tested enough people.

Another source has 2952 cases and 57 deaths, but this also includes all the US territories.

As testing actually is done, the numbers will ramp upward.

Well taking the 57 in Wuhan virus numbers in only 59,941 more deaths we will have reached the flu level of 2017-18. Last "pandemic" was the swine flu of 2009 where roughly 12,000 died and why did we not put our lives on hold back then and freak out with panic buying and all the garbage going on today. I hope the vestiges of any credibility network news like CNN BSNBC ABC etal is gone when this is done. There is a serious difference between reporting the news and making the news to fit an agenda or sell advertising time based on viewer share. Where was their freakout over the flu a couple of years ago too now that I think about it. I trust nothing any of these people say on TV anymore.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, EmilC said:

Adviser to Iran's Supreme leader dies from coronavirus, as other top officials infected

".....Last week, Iranians were captured licking some of the shrines in defiance of the coronavirus......"

https://www.foxnews.com/health/advisor-irans-supreme-leader-dies-from-coronavirus-1150-cases-middle-east-linked-to-country

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Greg_M said:

I guess it must be a slow news ....month and this is all they have to talk about.

I think it is more than that. They are paid to talk about it in my opinion. A result of TDS agit prop and the Rahm Emanuel idea that you never let a crisis go to waste.

Remember it is not just the number of fatalities associated with the corona virus. It is the details behind those numbers. The virus has been called a ‘perfect’ killing machine for the elderly which is where we see most of these deaths. If it were children or young adults would you be more concerned? Now look at Italy where the virus has a more predominant presence. In Italy the healthcare systems are buried in critical patients so such a degree that any person requiring hospital care for any reason now gets delayed or poor care. In other words people are dying of other things because the corona virus has plugged up access to critical care. And believe it or not, Italy has more hospital beds available per person than we do.

Take the virus on it’s face value. It is new to humanity and insanely infectious. It makes lots of people deathly ill and they require extensive critical care to ‘maybe’ survive. Left unchallenged the virus would inundate our hospitals with very sick people and compromise healthcare for anyone needing care. The virus could wipe out most of our elderly if left to run rampant. Most importantly every person who gets the virus will manufacture ‘trillions’ of copies of that virus and those will not be perfect copies. They will also mutate. If they mutate into something more virulent the virus could become a ‘perfect’ killing machine for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

China is a very sick country and I mean the fundamentals that make a strong long future outlook possible. The health problems coming down the pike from pollution are just beginning in a population that has way to many old people in it from their ZPG mindset. They are worse than the people in the USA about having enough children to maintain and grow their population. Modern manufacturing is very efficient and right now part of the reason manufacturing is coming back to the USA is fewer people needed to make things. The ratio of men to women is out of whack. Plus for the first time they have let a down trodden serf class of people taste weatlh and they see the world on the internet and they read about Hong Kong and Taiwan and want what they have and not what the Chinese overlords want them to have. China is headed for real and serious problems and they can't avoid these things of their own making.

Really nice of them to give Joe 6Pack and college professors here in the USA a clear demonstration of what Trump has been saying for some time now. The Chinese threat to cut off out medicines reveals for all to see in a way that cant be hidden or ignored the folly of sending our manufacturing overseas to those who have been traditional enemies for some time now. Totalitarian communists VS the USA constitutional form of government and the two can't intermingle without one of them losing it's identity.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

In Italy the healthcare systems are buried in critical patients so such a degree that any person requiring hospital care for any reason now gets delayed or poor care.

A friend shared the following from an ER doc...This friend lives in rural Indiana: "Basically, my take is this. Do with it what you will. This disease is more serious than the flu. The death rate is higher, the transmissibility is higher, and there is little to no circulating immunity in the community. The virus is here. It cannot and will not be contained. However, what we can do is to slow the transmission throughout our communities. If we can turn this into a long, rolling, severe flu season, that would be perfect. Your local hospitals can handle it. However, if we have spikes in illness like they are seeing in northern Italy right now, we will be overwhelmed. We will have to allocate resources, and things are going to get very uncomfortable, very quickly. I am in the only hospital for about 45 minutes where I am right now. Just because of the flu season, and with our local aged population we were running at near capacity last week. And we haven’t seen a single case of this virus. Imagine, if we allow life to completely go on as normal, with basketball games, school dances, etc. during the uptake of this virus. Imagine that I get even five patients per day sick enough to go on the ventilator. Guess what? We’ve got 10 ventilators total for the whole hospital. We’re screwed, sideways, in two days. And they will keep coming. If we can slow the transmission, And keep it to one patient per day, we may be able to get through. I read a letter from an emergency physician practicing in northern Italy right now. They are overwhelmed, no available ventilators. If you are over the age of 70, they won’t even look at you. Patients are dying without even an attempt at resuscitation because there is no equipment. You take that spike, and unroll it into a long slow curve, and we will get through this. Am I canceling everything that I want to do? No. I’m going hiking in Arizona in a couple of weeks. But I’m going to get away from people and still have a good time"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Did anyone watch Trump's recent press conference from the Rose Garden?

The part about drive through testing in parking lots of Walmart, Target, Walgreens, CVS and others where you don't even get out of your car?

2 minutes ago, Greg_M said:

The part about drive through testing in parking lots of Walmart, Target, Walgreens, CVS and others where you don't even get out of your car?

Being done in South Korea

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/13/815441078/south-koreas-drive-through-testing-for-coronavirus-is-fast-and-free

9 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Remember it is not just the number of fatalities associated with the corona virus. It is the details behind those numbers. The virus has been called a ‘perfect’ killing machine for the elderly which is where we see most of these deaths. If it were children or young adults would you be more concerned? Now look at Italy where the virus has a more predominant presence. In Italy the healthcare systems are buried in critical patients so such a degree that any person requiring hospital care for any reason now gets delayed or poor care. In other words people are dying of other things because the corona virus has plugged up access to critical care. And believe it or not, Italy has more hospital beds available per person than we do.

Take the virus on it’s face value. It is new to humanity and insanely infectious. It makes lots of people deathly ill and they require extensive critical care to ‘maybe’ survive. Left unchallenged the virus would inundate our hospitals with very sick people and compromise healthcare for anyone needing care. The virus could wipe out most of our elderly if left to run rampant. Most importantly every person who gets the virus will manufacture ‘trillions’ of copies of that virus and those will not be perfect copies. They will also mutate. If they mutate into something more virulent the virus could become a ‘perfect’ killing machine for everyone.

You mean like pneumonia? How many elderly die from that each year? What details and what proof of your premise about never before and unparalleled danger and the rest is there on this? Lots of people deathly ill and what as a percentage of population do you consider lots? There was a time when something like the Bubonic Plague would run it's course with horrible consequences and no way top stop it but today these things can be fought. Italy has an older average population than any other European country.    Elderly are by nature less resistant to ALL disease so of course they will die more often from these types of things and that is the nature of life itself. There is a far greater percentage of older people who die each year than young people and there is nothing that will ever change that. I hear 6:00 news channels speaking and not the reality that is reflected by cold hard statistics. Calm down and quit watching and believing the TV set.

Reading an article just now that states 4/5 of all the deaths in the EU are among those who are over 65. So yes based on that you could easily say 4/5 of all resultant Wuhan flu deaths will be in that same group and it will not change. That same group will die of something far more often because that is just life. I am 67 so I am now in that group but I am not going to let some hyped up thing scare me to death.

If it were young and the children dying the most darned right I would pay far more attention than old people. The young have not lived long enough to become old where each and every one of us, if we make it that far and most do, will unavoidably die. No cure for age. "perfect killing machine for the elderly" is media BS. Age is the perfect killing machine of the elderly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave A said:

You mean like pneumonia? How many elderly die from that each year? What details and what proof of your premise about never before and unparalleled danger and the rest is there on this? Lots of people deathly ill and what as a percentage of population do you consider lots? There was a time when something like the Bubonic Plague would run it's course with horrible consequences and no way top stop it but today these things can be fought. Italy has an older average population than any other European country.    Elderly are by nature less resistant to ALL disease so of course they will die more often from these types of things and that is the nature of life itself. There is a far greater percentage of older people who die each year than young people and there is nothing that will ever change that. I hear 6:00 news channels speaking and not the reality that is reflected by cold hard statistics. Calm down and quit watching and believing the TV set.

Reading an article just now that states 4/5 of all the deaths in the EU are among those who are over 65. So yes based on that you could easily say 4/5 of all resultant Wuhan flu deaths will be in that same group and it will not change. That same group will die of something far more often because that is just life. I am 67 so I am now in that group but I am not going to let some hyped up thing scare me to death.

If it were young and the children dying the most darned right I would pay far more attention than old people. The young have not lived long enough to become old where each and every one of us, if we make it that far and most do, will unavoidably die. No cure for age. "perfect killing machine for the elderly" is media BS. Age is the perfect killing machine of the elderly.

Check out stats on The Spanish Flu.

11 minutes ago, Greg_M said:

Surprised he didn't recommend McDonalds......want fries with that test?