Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

They've certainly made a lot of progress, but the value of our real estate is vastly higher.

They are investing and caring the loan for real estate in other countries....Heck I saw they built and staffed an airport that no one is using ...yet!

1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

Heck I saw they built and staffed an airport that no one is using ...yet!

Right!  They've built entire ghost cities capable of housing 2 million people, and they just sit there empty.  Can you imagine that?  Non income-producing, depreciating real estate as an investment?  It's really bizarre, and I think it's destined to fail.

11 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Right!  They've built entire ghost cities capable of housing 2 million people, and they just sit there empty.  Can you imagine that?  Non income-producing, depreciating real estate as an investment?  It's really bizarre, and I think it's destined to fail.

Look at how much we spend on our military and humanitarian efforts that are also non income-producing...My guess is that both countries are using the vaccines along with other interests to gain a foothold in those markets.  

Just now, Jeff Matthews said:

I think hegemony produces real value which is substantial but hard to quantify.  Vacant shopping malls, not so much.

That's easier to gage here in the USA...Over in emerging economies, not so much. China unlike Russia has more to invest and a better strategy with more leverage...Look at how much our most wealthy can spend on other things--In China that is the government investing those riches and they can wait before return on investment. They'll be there while planning on our markets drying up. That's my take. Anyway, WAY too much on the Coronavirus thread and could be an interesting topic for another one.

15 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:
11 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Masks are finally going away around here... slowly. 

Here too.  If a business recommends wearing one I still will though, even though it isn't mandatory

I wear a mask whenever I'm inside in public and continue to social distance. Coronavirus has proven to be highly contagious, we've plateaued at a high number, and I bet the numbers go back up next month because of what you guys report above...That said, I get my first shot on Friday at the Texas Motor Speedway. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Here too.  If a business recommends wearing one I still will though, even though it isn't mandatory.

in Upstate NY , new Cases are spiking with  Variants  , regular  Covid is down  --I got a new type of throwable  mask , black on the outside , blue on the inside , but the outer  layer is double thickness  , stiffer -

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

They don't have to follow the science.  Seat belts are mandatory and there are standards for those.  Masks are mandatory and there are no standards for them.  Are we following the science or not?

What are you lobbying for here? Everyone be required to wear an N-95 mask in public?

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Not lobbying for anything.  Just asking the question

Okay. If 5he CDC recommended/mandated we all wear N95 masks in public I would be for it.

38 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Again, I think that IF you're going to wear a mask that the N95 is the one to use.

I totally agree it would be an excellent one to consider espessially when the alternative is not wearing a Mask .

38 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

We have all this data and yet say that any face mask is fine.  

Sure. And this is what the science says about other masks: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2776536

In recent laboratory experiments, multilayer cloth masks were more effective than single-layer masks, blocking as much as 50% to 70% of exhaled small droplets and particles.2,3 In some cases, cloth masks have performed similar to surgical or procedure masks for source control. Second, masks protect uninfected wearers. Masks form a barrier to large respiratory droplets that could land on exposed mucous membranes of the eye, nose, and mouth. Masks can also partially filter out small droplets and particles from inhaled air. Multiple layers of fabric and fabrics with higher thread counts improve filtration