Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

• Moderators
On 4/14/2021 at 3:05 PM, CECAA850 said:

Has it been proven that vaccinations stop transmission?

That's not how vaccinations work. The disease is still transmitted, but your body  is able to kill it off quickly because you have the antibodies available to deal with it. You can still spread it, but for shorter period of time.

Doctors home in on cause of blood clots potentially linked with Covid-19 vaccines

A team led by Dr. Marie Scully, a hematologist at University College London Hospitals, studied 22 patients who developed the syndrome after receiving AstraZeneca's vaccine, and found they had an unusual antibody response. These so-called anti-PF4 antibodies had only been seen before as a rare reaction to the use of the common blood thinner heparin.
The findings support a theory that an immune reaction might underlie the rare blood clots, but the findings don't yet explain it, Scully and colleagues reported in the New England Journal of Medicine Friday. What may be going on is a reaction by the immune system with platelets to cause uncontrolled clotting.

J&J Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Probe Clotting Risks

Johnson & Johnson privately reached out to Covid-19 vaccine rivals to ask them to join an effort to study the risks of blood clots and speak with one voice about safety, but Pfizer Inc. and Moderna Inc. declined.

As concerns mounted last week over rare cases of blood clots, J&J asked AstraZeneca PLC as well as Pfizer and Moderna to join its efforts looking into the reports, people familiar with the matter said. J&J, through emails and phone calls, also sought to build an informal alliance to communicate the benefits and risks of the shots and address any concerns raised among the public by the blood-clot cases, some of the people said.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/j-j-privately-asked-rival-covid-19-vaccine-makers-to-probe-clotting-risks-11618570802

35 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

studied 22 patients who developed the syndrome after receiving AstraZeneca's vaccine, and found they had an unusual antibody response.

I don't know much about the astrazZeneca vaccine ... although weren't they the first out of the starting gate?

Watched a video of this doctor discussing the J & J vaccine and he said there were over 3.1 million doses administered and the handful of blood clots equated to a greater chance of getting struck by lightening twice. 

I'm team Pfizer and awaiting my THIRD shot.  I hear we'll have to get a booster in the next 12 months ... big deal, no reaction from the first two. 

stay well. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

I'm team Pfizer and awaiting my THIRD shot.  I hear we'll have to get a booster in the next 12 months ... big deal, no reaction from the first two. 

stay well. 

Fantastic  Steve , we've missed your candor  hope you're better , with your neck  , I got 1st shot of Pfizer -2nd shot in July -   Stay Safe Bro-

• Like 1

Covid-19 booster shot likely needed within 12 months, Pfizer's CEO says

People may also need annual shots to protect against the coronavirus, he said, similar to the seasonal flu.

People are likely to need a third dose of a Covid-19 vaccine within a year of getting fully vaccinated and may subsequently need annual shots to protect against the coronavirus, Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said Thursday.

Pfizer and its German partner, BioNTech, are studying how long the vaccines' protective immunity will last. Their findings will guide whether additional booster shots will be necessary.

Bourla said it's "likely" that a booster will be needed within 12 months of the initial two-shot regimen.

8 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

hope you're better , with your neck 

my neck is toast.  herniated disks, bone spurs, arthritis ... I ain't going to get better. I probably don't have to suffer as much as I do; but I'm holding off on the pain meds as long as I can. 

Especially after I got ran over by a truck, I was taking Vicodin at first, then switched to 800 mg Motrin pills and then my stomach started bleeding. 

I'll eat a marijuana gummy at night to help me sleep. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

lousy driver --some persons should never get behind a wheel -   unreal

21 year old driver. never saw me (I was in a crosswalk with the WALK sign lit).  It was night and he only stopped because he felt like he hit something. thank God he got out of his truck or he would have run me over again.  But, thank God I survived ... I'm now the THIRD member of my family to be hit by a vehicle and survive. Portuguee Strong!

• Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

21 year old driver. never saw me (I was in a crosswalk with the WALK sign lit).  It was night and he only stopped because he felt like he hit something. thank God he got out of his truck or he would have run me over again.  But, thank God I survived ... I'm now the THIRD member of my family to be hit by a vehicle and survive. Portuguee Strong!

when we patrolled , we had  10 miles of road where we ran Radar ,plate scanners - scales , and truck mechanical inspections   , we could tell when the guys were overweight 9 times out of ten ,  the 10th truck would either  be a DWI or an exhausted driver -

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

when we patrolled , we had  10 miles of road where we ran Radar ,plate scanners - scales , and -truck mechanical inspections   , we could tell when the guys were overweight 9 times out of ten ,  the 10th truck would either  be a DWI or an exhausted driver -

the funny part of the story is when my kids showed up at the hospital, one of my daughter's said, "We always knew Del Taco would kill you; but we figured it would be a heart attack not getting run over crossing the road to get there."

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

It's no different than any other vaccine you have taken your entire life.

These types of vaccines, mRna have actually been studied for over a decade. So in terms of the general transfer mechanism, these have been under study and in trials longer than what you typically would see.

No different?  Seems like it's radically different.  

Were the studies on humans or animals?  People have been given these vaccines for over a decade?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

No different?  Seems like it's radically different.  

Were the studies on humans or animals?  People have been given these vaccines for over a decade?

I don't speak for Travis; but I'm guessing what he's getting at is that mRna research is nothing new. mRna vaccines aren't new either and have been used for many maladies, including influenza and Zika. Many have had them and probably don't realize it.

Essentially, it allows the body to build a defense without being infected by the virus. That's an entirely different ballgame than injecting some potion concocted in a lab ... it's just spurring the body to defend itself before the attack comes. I think it's brilliant and I love Guinness Beer so I'm allowed to use the word brilliant. 

• Like 2

Exactly right, Steve. 

Great to be hearing from you... you bought any new guitars lately? I was having a hard look at the Dusenberg lap steels with pitch bend levers on them  watching videos on YouTube. Pretty amazing.  @BigStewMan

Bruce

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Essentially, it allows the body to build a defense without being infected by the virus. 

Then why doesn't it work on all the different strains? 

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

That's an entirely different ballgame than injecting some potion concocted in a lab ... 

These new "vaccines" were made where?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Then why doesn't it work on all the different strains? 

I've heard tell that...

"Some" think the germ could have possibly been weaponized to begin with?