Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Seems like they did according to the MIT study. 

Fwiw, that MIT study if followed would have closed down the economy sooner, longer and had contact tracing in place before opening. It also would have home and businesses revamp their HVAC and air circulating systems updated along with mask wearing. 

2 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, that MIT study if followed would have closed down the economy sooner, onger and had contact tracing in place before opening. It also would have home and businesses revamp their HVAC and air circulating systems updated along with mask wearing. 

Again you miss the point which is that as time goes by we learn more.  Same with the vaccine.

4 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I am fully vaccinated and knew back in March 2020 it wasn't like the flu and we were about to be hit hard.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we learn more as time goes by.  I can't tell by that statement if you're trying to pat yourself on the back or turn the thread political......again.  Maybe both.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we learn more as time goes by.  I can't tell by that statement if you're trying to pat yourself on the back or turn the thread political......again.  Maybe both.

First off, I wish you would stop making this personal. I don't say derogatory things about you and if you think my post is OT report it to the moderators. Fwiw, your opposition to a public health policy is "political," and making light of the vaccine while claiming you ain't getting vaccinated is political as well. Think about it, my friend.

I also am proud I took the vaccine (easiest patriotic thing I could do) and happy that the news outlets I follow have kept me informed from the very beginning. I think if you follow the progress of some who have participated in this thread it seems they keep  keep arguing against their best interests. That's my take.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Vaccines are working: charts that show the Covid endgame

I couldn't find a shareable chart of Israel's drop in Covid cases to near 0 with 68+ of their population vaccinated but that is the direction every American should want our country to go. Yeah, India is being hit hard but this isn't a race to see who gets hit worse--WE have been hit hard and I think if we all do our part things can get back to normal quickly and let's see how next season shapes up. That's my take.

17 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You have to wonder why they purposely left out the 50 to 84 year old age group.  

Edit.  Also why they left out the 17 and younger age group.  

Carl  ---Here are all the more accurate charts for COVID hospitalizations in the USA - -

https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/us-currently-hospitalized

24 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

First off, I wish you would stop making this personal. I don't say derogatory things about you and if you think my post is OT report it to the moderators. Fwiw, your opposition to a public health policy is "political," and making light of the vaccine while claiming you ain't getting vaccinated is political as well.

There's nothing political about my posts other than your take on them which is always political.

If you feel that my posts are personal attacks report them and ill take my lumps if they deem necessary.  I'm a big boy.  If not, quit playing the victim. 

If you dont want to hear from me quit quoting me. It's pretty simple.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

There's nothing political about my posts other than your take on them which is always political.

If you feel that my posts are personal attacks report them and ill take my lumps if they deem necessary.  I'm a big boy.  If not, quit playing the victim. 

If you dont want to hear from me quit quoting me. It's pretty simple.

You are the one accusing me of trying to get the thread closed and saying my posts are political. I am by no means a victim and think we should take this to PM instead of hashing it out on this thread. I have no problem going back and forth on relevant matters and feel free to bring up any of my posts as well. I apologize to the moderators and will make this my last post on the subject.

I really was wrong in my prediction that our Covid Hospitalizations would go up because of Spring Break and the Mask Ordinance being lifted. Denton County GIS - COVID-19 Information - COVID-19Cases (arcgis.com) Our Covid Numbers in cases and hospitalizations are down dramatically compared to March 1, 2021. I credit it to people still wearing masks indoors, social distancing by choice and business protocol and more folks getting vaccinated...

I got both shots at the AWESOME setup at Texas Motor Speedway but it looks like it's winding on down with the last 2nd shots in May:DCPH reduces hours for Friday first-dose vaccine clinic at Texas Motor Speedway | Coronavirus Outbreak | dentonrc.com

From the link: 

Currently, Friday’s clinic is planned to be the last of Denton County’s first-dose vaccine clinics at the speedway, though second-dose clinics will continue at the site until mid-May.

13 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I am by no means a victim and think we should take this to PM instead of hashing it out on this thread.

Your last pm with me turned political just like your posts here do.  No thanks.  I have no desire to debate politics with you or anyone else.  I've told you that on more than one occasion.