Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

10 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

My son in law lost his Dad to Covid last week. He turned 65 in March and was very healthy with no health issues otherwise. Jerry choose to not take the vaccine and now sadly there is a deep void left behind and we have to wonder what if he had made a different choice.  

Jerry you will be very missed...!!! 😕

miketn

That’s terrible. So sad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Less than 50% of eligible adults have been vaccinated.  There are 10 states where less than 40% have been vaccinated, and cases are climbing in every one of them.  Lifting the mask "mandate" was a huge mistake, IMO.

This is not over.

• Like 1

The concerns expressed here have been mirrored by some of the doctors and other medical professionals I know.  My EMT neighbor says that most of the COVID patients her unit has transported to the hospital have been fully vaccinated.  My point in posting stuff like this is to raise awareness that mainstream media is presenting a one sided view.  A person’s choice should only be made after consideration of all relevant information.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33113270/

Maynard

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/ed483ecd702b4298ab01e8b9cafc8b83

TX trends, mask mandate lifted 60 days ago.

EDIT, click the trends tab at the bottom left of the page.  It won't link for some reason.

Interesting if you look at the positive case data from that dashboard for Texas from May of 2021 and compare that to May of 2022:

5/5/2020 - 1.1K cases v.s. 5/5/2021 - 1.8K cases

5/11/2020 - 1K cases v.s. 5/11/2021 - 2.9K cases

5/20/2020 - 1.4K cases v.s. 5/18/2021 - 2.8K cases

5/25/2020 - 1.9K cases (same as 5/25/2021)

6 minutes ago, Sam S. said:

Interesting if you look at the positive case data from that dashboard for Texas from May of 2021 and compare that to May of 2022:

5/5/2020 - 1.1K cases v.s. 5/5/2021 - 1.8K cases

5/11/2020 - 1K cases v.s. 5/11/2021 - 2.9K cases

5/20/2020 - 1.4K cases v.s. 5/18/2021 - 2.8K cases

5/25/2020 - 1.9K cases (same as 5/25/2021)

May of 2020 the virus was just starting to get a foot hold and ramp up.

According to Johns Hopkins doctor Marty McCary - natural immunity should be included in the total number of vaccinated / previously infected persons.   His work says that we are either very fast approaching or are already at the herd immunity threshold.    In the Mid Atlantic states of Maryland and Virginia and the District of Columbia, the number of new infections cases has plummeted to a very small number, with those new cases being primarily younger people with mild cases.   The number of higher risk people in the age 50 or older category have been vaccinated at about the 80+ percent ratio to total 50 and older population.    As a result restrictions to outdoor events have been relaxed or soon will be.   Indoor events in many cases require mask usage.

African American residents now account for more than 8 in 10 D.C. coronavirus cases

Black people make up more than 80 percent of coronavirus cases reported in the District in recent days, compared with 46 percent late last year, a disparity that D.C. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser (D) highlighted in a call with Ward 8 community leaders Tuesday.

The share of new infections involving Black people spiked sharply in the city starting around mid-April, when the coronavirus vaccine became widely available to D.C. residents. The share of cases involving White people, meanwhile, has fallen below 10 percent, compared with 33 percent of cases in December.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-coronavirus-blacks-vaccine/2021/05/25/1b6208da-bd6d-11eb-9c90-731aff7d9a0d_story.html

On 5/24/2021 at 6:59 PM, mikebse2a3 said:

My son in law lost his Dad to Covid last week. He turned 65 in March and was very healthy with no health issues otherwise. Jerry choose to not take the vaccine and now sadly there is a deep void left behind and we have to wonder what if he had made a different choice. 

Jerry you will be very missed...!!! 😕

miketn

Please Accept my Condolences ---and Damn Covid

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

C.D.C. Will Not Investigate Mild Infections in Vaccinated Americans

At least 10,000 vaccinated people were infected with the coronavirus through the end of April. Now the agency has stopped pursuing the mildest cases.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/25/health/cdc-coronavirus-infections-vaccine.html

I consider this a tragic mistake, especially since the PCR cycle times they are now using to evaluate the breakthrough cases are far lower than those used for the unvaccinated.  This, of course, makes the vaccines look far more effective than they really may be.  

Maynard

3 hours ago, kellypea said:

I heard that covid can increase our chances of having ED. Do you think it is true?

There are studies which have shown that this happens to some as the vascular supply to the penis can be affected by the inflammatory process.  Search the NLM for details.

Maynard

4 hours ago, kellypea said:

I heard that covid can increase our chances of having ED. Do you think it is true?

First, did you hear that from an authoritative source who has access to the latest medical and scientific information, or is it just a casual conjecture from a friend who has casual conjectures about almost everything?

Second, with a percentage of Forum members who are doctors, especially doctors who are working with COVID patients, being very close to zero, why would you ask about a very unlikely medical issue here?  DDD (or D3) is an extremely rare possibility, luckily.  Nobody wants to have Depressed Dick Disease.  As the name suggests, with its double meaning, this would be a very depressing disease to suffer from.  Since there have been worldwide reports about every variety of COVID-related symptoms, and zero reports of COVID-related ED, or DDD, this suggests that you can sleep happily, with no threats of this type to worry about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1