Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

29 minutes ago, Islander said:

First, did you hear that from an authoritative source who has access to the latest medical and scientific information, or is it just a casual conjecture from a friend who has casual conjectures about almost everything?

From what I've read, covid itself (and the possible psychological ramifications from it) can possibly cause ED, not the vaccine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

I consider this a tragic mistake, especially since the PCR cycle times they are now using to evaluate the breakthrough cases are far lower than those used for the unvaccinated.  This, of course, makes the vaccines look far more effective than they really may be.  

Maynard

the  tasking of the VAERS -is logistically , already overwhelming  for the CDC , how much more can the CDC handle ?  -

I just watch the hospitalizations and mortality numbers. Both are clearly going down - fast.

The unvaccinated with antibodies because they had COVID, will only have protection for a little while longer. So, I'm waiting for the other boot to drop.

1 hour ago, Deang said:

The unvaccinated with antibodies because they had COVID, will only have protection for a little while longer. So, I'm waiting for the other boot to drop.

I don't believe they actually know how long the vaccinated will have protection either.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I don't believe they actually know how long the vaccinated will have protection either.

No,  they don't, but they suspect the harder you were hit, the longer they last, and those that had asymptomatic infection have six months or less.

So, this just in from The Times. 

Sorry about the formatting. 

Good news on immunity

Scientists have feared that immunity to the coronavirus, whether through infection or vaccination, may be short-lived. But a pair of novel studies suggest that immunity lasts for at least a year — and maybe even decades for some people.

“For people who have had Covid and have been vaccinated, this is excellent news because it means that they will probably never need a booster again — it seems like they’re pretty much set for life,” said my colleague Apoorva Mandavilli, who covers science for The Times. “For people who haven’t had Covid but are vaccinated, those people will probably need boosters, and within a year or so.”

Both of the studies looked at a type of immune cell that can remember the virus and lives in the bone marrow until it is needed to produce antibodies.

“Getting bone marrow is an involved procedure, it’s not just like drawing blood,” Apoorva said. “So the fact that they were able to get bone marrow from people, and not just once but multiple times, is a big deal.”

The scientists discovered that as these immune cells continued to evolve, the antibodies they produced became better at fighting infection.

“Even after the active infection was over, these cells kept learning because the immune system retained a piece of the virus,” Apoorva said. “Over time, the immune cells continued to improve how well they could target the virus. They became broader in their repertoire, so they could work against a much broader range of variants.”

Vaccines may not offer the same results, because immune memory is likely organized differently after immunization, than with an infection. And even those who have recovered from an infection still need doses.

“Some subset of people don’t necessarily produce a very strong immune response when they’ve been exposed to the virus,” Apoorva said. “So, really, everybody should get vaccinated, whether they’ve been infected or not.”

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Deang said:

So, this just in from The Times. 

Sorry about the formatting. 

Good news on immunity

Scientists have feared that immunity to the coronavirus, whether through infection or vaccination, may be short-lived. But a pair of novel studies suggest that immunity lasts for at least a year — and maybe even decades for some people.

“For people who have had Covid and have been vaccinated, this is excellent news because it means that they will probably never need a booster again — it seems like they’re pretty much set for life,” said my colleague Apoorva Mandavilli, who covers science for The Times. “For people who haven’t had Covid but are vaccinated, those people will probably need boosters, and within a year or so.”

Both of the studies looked at a type of immune cell that can remember the virus and lives in the bone marrow until it is needed to produce antibodies.

“Getting bone marrow is an involved procedure, it’s not just like drawing blood,” Apoorva said. “So the fact that they were able to get bone marrow from people, and not just once but multiple times, is a big deal.”

The scientists discovered that as these immune cells continued to evolve, the antibodies they produced became better at fighting infection.

“Even after the active infection was over, these cells kept learning because the immune system retained a piece of the virus,” Apoorva said. “Over time, the immune cells continued to improve how well they could target the virus. They became broader in their repertoire, so they could work against a much broader range of variants.”

Vaccines may not offer the same results, because immune memory is likely organized differently after immunization, than with an infection. And even those who have recovered from an infection still need doses.

“Some subset of people don’t necessarily produce a very strong immune response when they’ve been exposed to the virus,” Apoorva said. “So, really, everybody should get vaccinated, whether they’ve been infected or not.”

T-Cells... remember

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I didn't realize that people who have had covid would need to also be vaccinated.

Seriously? 

Listen, stop with the anti vaccine horse hockey. Everyone needs to get the Phizer or Moderna mRNA ASAP. 

So tired of this crap. Be an adult. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Seriously? 

Listen, stop with the anti vaccine horse hockey. Everyone needs to get the Phizer or Moderna mRNA ASAP. 

Thank you.

54 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Seriously? 

How did you relate what I asked to being anti vaccine.  It was an honest question. 

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

How did you relate what I asked to being anti vaccine.  It was an honest question. 

It's been widely reported that immunity provided by exposure to Covid-19 doesn’t provide protection levels near as effective as the mRNA vaccines. 

Last response to this.  This thread needs to be removed from this web site. It’s a disservice to mankind. 

Pfizer Seeks Full FDA Approval For COVID-19 Vaccine   

Pfizer is the first coronavirus vaccine maker in the U.S. to request full approval. Like Pfizer, the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines had been previously cleared for use under the agency's emergency use authorization — a less rigorous approval method to aid a swifter response to the pandemic.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/05/07/994839927/pfizer-seeks-full-fda-approval-for-covid-19-vaccine