Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

Ohio restaurants and bars are closed.  Restaurants can only do drive through or curbside takeout.  All dental and optical surgery centers are closing.  If they decide to close the drive through's and liquor stores I can guarantee that the riots will begin.

So what are we going to do when we find out that this was all just preparation for a Martian invasion? Make all the Terrans afraid to leave their homes, shut down their governments, and waltz-in without any resistance except for a barrage of toilet paper.

(I don't know what kind of smiley to use for this.)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Edgar said:

So what are we going to do when we find out that this was all just preparation for a Martian invasion? Make all the Terrans afraid to leave their homes, shut down their governments, and waltz-in without any resistance except for a barrage of toilet paper.

(I don't know what kind of smiley to use for this.)

in the movie War of the worlds..

it was a virus that killed the aliens

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

in the movie War of the worlds..

it was a virus that killed the aliens

Great point!

Ever read the original book? Better than the movies. Different, too.

• Like 1

Waited out the weekend, got out today for a few essentials at WMart.

Zero bread, skim milk only, eggs good, canned goods sparse, got one of the last peanut butters, snacks low. But all in all not so bad.

Didn't check TP as I’m “sitting on” about 140 rolls + - .

Lady in front of me, gloves and mask, got snippy with the older cashier not running the belt fast enough, told a manager. Every word from the cashier was “yes ma’am”. We whispered a few things and from the customer service area the ***** said “ I can hear you talking”.

I was very low key and said “good, none of your concern, please but out”. That was that. No wonder things are tense, sure to get worse.
I think I’ve found a good way to avoid excessive hand washing by wearing nitrile gloves 🧤 through the store then spritzing them down with my bleach infused surface cleaner when getting in the truck. And another spritz when taking them off. Worked really well.

Be well, be safe —

• Like 2

My wife called the company who supplies the nitrile gloves & masks for the dermatology clinic that she manages and they were put on "allocation"
 last week.  Something like 3 boxes of Medium and 2 boxes of small per month now.  That makes it quite rough to run a medical practice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

The 2 brothers from Tennessee who bought 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer with intent to resale them are being investigated for criminal price gouging. They were reselling the stuff for as much as $70/bottle on Amazon. Now that they’ve been identified the men have found deep heartfelt remorse....... mostly because everyone despises them. If found guilty the maximum punishment is a $1000.00 fine. Hopefully that’s on a per bottle basis. 😉🤗

I hope that it is per bottle.  How many people will potentially get infected because they appropriated all of it to their selves to price gouge. 

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

An influencer filmed herself licking a plane toilet seat for 'clout' on TikTok as part of a 'coronavirus challenge'

176bc220-a4d8-11e9-afff-cf71c66edd2d
ldodgson@businessinsider.com (Lindsay Dodgson)
INSIDERMarch 16, 2020
Ava Louise toilet

"I can't get coronavirus," 

I am really glad that I am happily married in a monogamous relationship.  Too bad daddy never told this girl that he loved her. 

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Waited out the weekend, got out today for a few essentials at WMart.

Zero bread, skim milk only, eggs good, canned goods sparse, got one of the last peanut butters, snacks low. But all in all not so bad.

Didn't check TP as I’m “sitting on” about 140 rolls + - .

Lady in front of me, gloves and mask, got snippy with the older cashier not running the belt fast enough, told a manager. Every word from the cashier was “yes ma’am”. We whispered a few things and from the customer service area the ***** said “ I can hear you talking”.

I was very low key and said “good, none of your concern, please but out”. That was that. No wonder things are tense, sure to get worse.
I think I’ve found a good way to avoid excessive hand washing by wearing nitrile gloves 🧤 through the store then spritzing them down with my bleach infused surface cleaner when getting in the truck. And another spritz when taking them off. Worked really well.

Be well, be safe —

Those poor cashiers. That is an unforgiving job and now they have to be exposed to all of this and deal with people's aggression. 

On the glove issue, just put them in a grocery bag when you take them off and store them for 2 weeks (might be down to 4 days soon if the three day transmission period is confirmed) then wash with soap and water.  Less harsh on the gloves and you can reuse them.  They will be scarce for a while. 

6 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

How many people will potentially get infected because they appropriated all of it to their selves to price gouge.

None, because it is a hoax.  Hopefully there is space next to draft evader #42, and roll #44 for private bone spurs draft evader #45.  Call it the hypocrisy shelf.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

The 2 brothers from Tennessee who bought 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer with intent to resale them are being investigated for criminal price gouging. They were reselling the stuff for as much as $70/bottle on Amazon. Now that they’ve been identified the men have found deep heartfelt remorse....... mostly because everyone despises them. If found guilty the maximum punishment is a $1000.00 fine. Hopefully that’s on a per bottle basis. 😉🤗

In Texas we have anti-gouging laws because of hurricanes. They hit a guy for $100,000 for hiking gas prices and 10x price on water.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1