Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

3 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I am approaching this the following way.  if uncooked, it must be a food that can sit untouched for two plus weeks.  Think spices, dried fruit, and nuts.  If refrigerated or frozen, but uncooked, one month. 

If cooked, then OK to use but handle very carefully and bring to temperature and hold it there for at least five minutes. 

A good example, I am making a big batch of Chili.  The onions, tomatoes, and peppers will be thoroughly cooked and then I will freeze.  I am not worried about the beef as I bought it a few years ago as a portion of a free range cow. 

Did the person who touched the package wash their hands?

JJK

Just now, JJkizak said:

JJK

I know you are poking fun at me, but I normally do not eat anything that comes in a package.  I shop in the produce section. 

If there is something on the food, the cooking or wait periods above should solve this. 

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

JJK

When she opened it I told here, you let the air out,  well it's over now, been nice knowing you.

She asked me what should I do, use it or not, I told her if I knew the correct answer to that I probably would not be sitting here right now. 

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I don't watch the news hardly ever ... it is alarming that Italy is getting hit so hard.  have any young people (30s, 20s or younger) died from this or is it just the elderly or those already compromised?  

Sixty years and up and those with existing conditions are the primary group becoming seriously ill. Children below ten show very few cases though children can carry the virus. Lung heart diabetes and inflammatory conditions are the conditions which result in the virus being most deadly. This is a lower lung condition it enters via the mouth nose and eyes. Dosing with vitamin C will help prevent both viral and bacterial (secondary infection) lung infection, Vitamin D3 will also help you stay well. The more sunshine you are exposed to daily the less vitamin D3 you need to take. Where I live in Canada 5000 - 10,000 IU of D3 is a good amount.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I am not saying to panic, but really? 

Proactive steps have not been taken.  We are still barely even testing right now.  They are just getting going making the tests and gettign labs ready to test.  This is two to three months after this all started.   Nobody was sent to China when this first broke out to gather information and intervene.  There is no storage of N95 masks and sanitizers. 

America offered to China to send help researchers and supplies they were refused no doubt to hide the truth which they are still doing. America is not being upfront with statistics either perhaps to prevent panic but this as we all can see is just foolishness.

• Like 1

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Rogan  doesn't have any limits on using bad language.

JJK

Or smoking or drinking, but it's his podcast and it's not illegal where he does them. 

Overall he does a good job, and has some really interesting people on his show.

When he interviews David Goggins #1212  it was quite surprising, I never knew about Goggins, he is an animal. Or just look up David Goggins.

1 hour ago, Edgar said:

I can't believe the number of people who still talk on their cell phone while using the toilet, walk out the door without washing their hands, grab the very same doorknobs that everyone else in the building has to use, and then shake hands with someone they meet.

Gone are the good, old days! 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, moray james said:

America offered to China to send help researchers and supplies they were refused no doubt to hide the truth which they are still doing.

Was this born as they are thinking, or was just an agent they were working on as a weapon and it got out ? I read something about that but didn't even click on it so I have no idea if it was more fiction or not.

Exocitic food markets, just one and there are many similar around the world, look up Indonesia's Tomohon extreme market. 

1 hour ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

They are just getting going making the tests and gettign labs ready to test.  This is two to three months after this all started.

From many different sources, I've heard professionals state that testing doesn't really matter a whole lot.  They state that many (maybe even the majority of) people with the virus are asymptomatic.  These people would be the last people you'd ever test - i.e., nobody would waste a limited supply of kits on testing asymptomatic people.  Yet, these same people would be quite likely to spread the virus because they actually are infected by it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, moray james said:

America is not being upfront with statistics either perhaps to prevent panic but this as we all can see is just foolishness.

Reminds me of a line from the movie Apollo 13 when their reentry angle is off because they weren't carrying the anticipated weight of moon rocks. 

The worker says, "should we tell them?"

The flight director asks, "is there anything we can do about it?"

"No."

"then why tell them."

While silence is sometimes a prudent plan, we now live in this social media age where stories (true or false) are concocted continuously and spread rapidly. So, if the government is silent; people start believing what they hear elsewhere. I think governments like being a nanny state -- I would rather they just give us the truth and let us deal with it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Edgar said:

Even in the current situation, I can't believe the number of people who still talk on their cell phone while using the toilet, walk out the door without washing their hands, grab the very same doorknobs that everyone else in the building has to use, and then shake hands with someone they meet.

and people wondered why I never ate the community donuts at work.  I joked once saying, "you want me to tell you who in this office doesn't wash their hands after they've used the bathroom, and do you want to grab the next donut after they've went through the box looking for the one that they want?"

Saw some guy leave the urinal, grab a paper towel, dry his hands and leave. I'm thinking, "you didn't wash your hands so what were you drying?"  Don't tell me, I know.

• Sad 1

I have severe respiratory issues and 60, this could end my career (living). That said, this thing it out of control in the MEDIA. It's like several TWILIGHT ZONE episodes rolled into one. People and THEIR reactions make me feel much worse than worrying about the CV. I can only imagine a REALLY SEVERE version of this scenario. I feel like mankind is teetering on insanity over this . Can you imagine what the BLACK PLAGUE was like ? Can you imagine what something on the scale of the BLACK DEATH would do to the world in this CRAZY MEDIA environment?? ALL ECONOMIES CRASH, multi millions lose wealth, Crime runs wild, Murder and starvation would be the minimum. Adults.....put em' on the endangered list.....

I'd feel better with, NO BODY FREAK OUT ! This is very dangerous to certain groups, and we want to do everything we can to protect people. We will make available ALL INFO WE HAVE , ALL THE BEST RECOMMENDATIONS  FROM REAL doctors with brains.Make available ANY/ALL medical help a DOCTOR  ASK FOR. Let's all work together, STOP HATING long enough TO work together. 

There are REALLY BAD THINGS going on all over the world,NOT BEING MONITORED PROPERLY ! Things that can make 80,000 or 1.6 million deaths look very LOW......Sure maybe not today or next week but someday, and for sure.......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

this virus has in it components of AIDS MERS SARS and Encephalitis. We now have evidence that it can not only damage internal organs in severe cases but also do brain damage and it may be transmissible from humans to dogs on top of all that it has already mutated into two versions (S and L) the second said to be 1000 time more contagious. So does this sound like your regular seasonal flue to you? Don't forget it came out of a highest security level bio lab in Wuhan China.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I am not saying to panic, but really? 

Proactive steps have not been taken.  We are still barely even testing right now.  They are just getting going making the tests and gettign labs ready to test.  This is two to three months after this all started.   Nobody was sent to China when this first broke out to gather information and intervene.  There is no storage of N95 masks and sanitizers. 

And one wonders where will the test kits be manufactured? China? Might as well, they’re making 90% of all our drugs and nearly all ingredients for US pharma. They make near all the masks, Germany has placed an emergency order for 7 million masks, with guess who - China. If this incident teaches us nothing else, our great leaders and titans of industry had better consider bringing life essential product manufacturing back to the homeland. We may have the world market in nuclear arms but China may hold the winning hand which we dealt them —

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, richieb said:

And one wonders where will the test kits be manufactured? China? Might as well, they’re making 90% of all our drugs and nearly all ingredients for US pharma. They make near all the masks, Germany has placed an emergency order for 7 million masks, with guess who - China. If this incident teaches us nothing else, our great leaders and titans of industry had better consider bringing life essential product manufacturing back to the homeland. We may have the world market in nuclear arms but China may hold the winning hand which we dealt them —

Good points.  Here is a really scary point.  What happens if China stops buying our debt?  This economic matter crossover to a military threat to our entire country.  Remember when we had a balanced budget and a surplus in 1999? 

On another note, why does Germany need 7,000,00 masks when they don't do anything?  Those silly Germans.  They need to come over here so we can teach them all that we know. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

From many different sources, I've heard professionals state that testing doesn't really matter a whole lot.  They state that many (maybe even the majority of) people with the virus are asymptomatic.  These people would be the last people you'd ever test - i.e., nobody would waste a limited supply of kits on testing asymptomatic people.  Yet, these same people would be quite likely to spread the virus because they actually are infected by it.

Exactly.  With an incubation period of possibly near a month, not much you can do other than steer clear of others.  That Rogan video with the Dr that said he was a Virus investigator said you could just breathe the same air in a office as a carrier and catch it. Another Dr said its was so contagious that the molecules of the Virus could be passed as easily as the molecules you would smell of a Pizza just coming out of an oven. Now that is scary

21 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Masks are supposed to be worn by the infected.   They serve no purpose to anyone else. 

From my understanding you are correct in theory. They do however serve the purpose of keeping people from touching their nose and mouth - which I believe is the primary entry point of the virus.  

• Like 1