R.I.P. Sean Connery (AKA “Bond”)

Bosco-d-gama

On 10/31/2020 at 8:04 AM, rockhound said:

RIP,  my favorite is Hunt for Red October.

Too damn hard for me to pick a favorite Sean Connery movie.... Doesn't matter if he was the Lead or Supporting roll, he just shined in every movie he participated in. Back in the day, he was smart enough to avoid being type cast, he didn't just go for the money.

Molly Maguires and even the strange movie Outland or Outlander, something like that, were good flicks.

• Like 4

In Goldfinger, Bond slips out of bed to get some freshly chilled wine out of the fridge. He quips generally that drinking the wine above a stated temperature 'just isn't done. It's like listening to The Beatles without earmuffs.'  Then Oddjob gives him a neck chop.

Ha.  In a forward persupective, Sir Sean was there dumping on Sir Paul and got a neck chop.  Who would have thought it.

Best line  by a mature Sean in a movie: "She talks in her sleep."

WMcD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

RIP Mr. Connery.  You entertained me from Darby O'Gill and the little people on.

My Fave:  The Man Who Would Be King.  In the theater, the sound was fine, and the soundtrack L.P. was good, but the current disks and TV masters have a horribly screechy soundtrack.  It's my hope they will release a memorial Blu-way with restored sound (and picture).   Anyone who wants to can write Warner and ask for a reissue, with good sound and image, and restoration of the vital 10 seconds of culmination.  Why they cut that out, I'll never know.

One of John Huston's best.

One of Sean Connery's best.

One of Michael Caine's best.

One of Maurice Jarre's best scores

Screenplay by Huston and Gladys Hill

One of Kipling's best.

• Like 2

Watched a few of "The Saint" from before I was born when I wasn't sleeping good a few months ago.

It's on the roku channel, intelligent cutesy stories, snappy jazz background music.

It is a time capsule of sorts. 

Also it's a sad comparison with society/tv today, and streaming choices!

• Like 1