K-52-H Impedance Plot - Something Wrong?

mboxler

I'm playing around with extreme slope crossovers in one of my Heresy I's, and noticed a large dip in the frequency plot around 1600 Hz.

I just received a DATS V3 box, and ran a test on the K-52-H/K700.  

What the heck is going on between 1Khz and 2Khz?  Would this cause the dip on the plot?

Thanks, Mike

CT125 K-52-H @ -2dB.png

K-52-H.png

On 10/31/2020 at 2:54 PM, Alexander said:

Looks a lot like the stock k-52-h drivers from my klf-30's. So nothing to worry about.

Thanks!  Today I ran the same test on the other K-52-H, and got more symmetric plot.  I'll assume all is okay.

Mike

K-52-H 2nd.png

39 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

how do these k-52H sound with the extreme slope crossovers ?  -

Right now I'm using ES5800T crossovers from ALK to see what a "professional" plot would look like.  I can only attenuate the squawker, so I adjusted it to get to the CT-125 level.

If I had a tweeter attenuator, I could actually listen to the speaker.  The crossover I'm designing will allow variable attenuation of both the squawker and tweeter to get them both down to the Heresy's woofer level. 

Mike

1 hour ago, mboxler said:

Right now I'm using ES5800T crossovers from ALK to see what a "professional" plot would look like.  I can only attenuate the squawker, so I adjusted it to get to the CT-125 level.

If I had a tweeter attenuator, I could actually listen to the speaker.  The crossover I'm designing will allow variable attenuation of both the squawker and tweeter to get them both down to the Heresy's woofer level. 

Mike

cool ,  did you ever consider using an L PAD -

2 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

cool ,  did you ever consider using an L PAD -

That may be my best option.  My idea requires the squawker low pass AND the tweeter high pass components to be AFTER the autoformer.  The weird impedance

of the K-52-H may make that difficult.  Learning a lot about elliptical filter design though 🙂.

• 1 year later...
On 11/1/2020 at 6:49 PM, mboxler said:

Thanks!  Today I ran the same test on the other K-52-H, and got more symmetric plot.  I'll assume all is okay.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I had a similar plot w/ K-80s and it corrected when I replaced the ferrofluid.  Your's seems to have autocorrect turned on though. :)