Fresh start

jason str

Googled cheap places to live and Fort Wayne Indiana popped up, rolled the dice and bought a home there. Just got stuff situated with internet and music hooked up yesterday & today, enjoying some tunes and figured i would stop in. Household dynamics changed since mom died and i had to get out for my sanity. Crazy moving to a place i have never been to and hours from friends and family but feels good so far. Plenty of tinkering to do on this 100 year old home will keep me busy.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jason str said:

Googled cheap places to live and Fort Wayne Indiana popped up, rolled the dice and bought a home there. Just got stuff situated with internet and music hooked up yesterday & today, enjoying some tunes and figured i would stop in. Household dynamics changed since mom died and i had to get out for my sanity. Crazy moving to a place i have never been to and hours from friends and family but feels good so far. Plenty of tinkering to do on this 100 year old home will keep me busy.

Once you get to tinkering the ramifications are endless. Watching "This Old House" is mandatory for hints on how to spend a fortune.

JJK

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jason str said:

https://www.planetware.com/tourist-attractions-/fort-wayne-us-in-fw.htm

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Shopping---Retail/Billys-Vintage-Stereo-Equipment-1125802980778969/

• Thanks 1

you have to be the first person I know that moved TO Indiana....

sorry... I used to live -- was born in Elkhart. IN isn't a place folks generally go on vacation, unless you have family there...

personally, I do not care for the weather... not a fan of snow, cold/wet

my bias put aside

Old house... that will keep you busy.Best wishes for you on your new digs.

• Like 3

Jason

Sorry to hear about your mom .

I am also no longer in Chicago , I've been dealing with my Father who has Dementia . Been running between Florida and Ohio as he has homes in both places. 

I really enjoyed our get together and wish we had done more. I guess the good news is the MCM's are in a much larger place although I haven't set them up yet. 

Congrats on your purchase and good luck !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to Indiana

Ft Wayne is a nice place, close to alot of nice lakes.

The Embassy Theater is a favorite with great touring acts.

Nice new  minor league baseball park in a revitalizing downtown.

Looks like you all had snow flurries yesterday but coming from Chicago the weather should not be an issue.

I am 1.5 hours south, when you get better situated we will have to get together.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Davis said:

Welcome to Indiana

Ft Wayne is a nice place, close to alot of nice lakes.

The Embassy Theater is a favorite with great touring acts.

Nice new  minor league baseball park in a revitalizing downtown.

Looks like you all had snow flurries yesterday but coming from Chicago the weather should not be an issue.

I am 1.5 hours south, when you get better situated we will have to get together.

HEY.....big party at Davis' place! He has bikes, muscle cars, and speakers for everybody!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

HEY.....big party at Davis' place! He has bikes, muscle cars, and speakers for everybody!

What?  No toasters???

Sorry to hear about your mother Jason.  Fort Wayne is a great town from what I've seen.  The Embassy is a must see when someone slips into town.  It was well worth the 2-hour drive to see Tedeschi & Trucks a couple years ago.  It's growing and I'm sure the older home you bought will appreciate all the TLC that you're going to put into it.  Ya get bored point it East on 30 and in a couple hours you'll be here.  Bring your A game though!  Might even have an extra toaster here for ya!  😂  :)

• Thanks 1